1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bad, thought you were looking for tools as well in quote. Just gotta have steady hands really. Tweezers help too to hold the thread.

No problem. I should have been more specific when I said tools. I was basically asking what specific tools people use personally.

What do you guys do about flayed/protruding ends on the stitching? I know the obvious answer would be use scissors to cut them off, but most scissors are too big to get the small ones. So I was just wondering if anyone had any tricks, tools, etc.

Fingernail clippers work well also.

Abso-frickin'-lutely love this figure. Seeing it always just makes me that much more anxious for CW Cap.

I think I got the belt line at just about the ideal position also, with the correct amount of white showing underneath the middle red stripe.

image.jpg

I've got a question for anybody that has the Stealth Strike suit & AOU cap, are the silver studs next to the belt buckle the same color of silver? I lost one on Cap's belt & no luck finding a belt from the AOU Cap, but theres several Stealth suit belts. Thanks in advance for any help!

Just got this figure- I am SO impressed! The definitive Cap- love the magnetic shield-just perfect. The suit is ultra detailed and colors are superb.

I've got a question for anybody that has the Stealth Strike suit & AOU cap, are the silver studs next to the belt buckle the same color of silver? I lost one on Cap's belt & no luck finding a belt from the AOU Cap, but theres several Stealth suit belts. Thanks in advance for any help!

Maybe I can help, I have them both. The AOU Cap's buckle/studs don't look quite as shiny from certain angles on camera, but in real life they look really, really close. Honestly the studs on both suits look identical to me in person. I took a comparison picture so you can take a look:

26434549703_c46e095e94_z.jpg

If you want any other pics, let me know :)

Maybe I can help, I have them both. The AOU Cap's buckle/studs don't look quite as shiny from certain angles on camera, but in real life they look really, really close. Honestly the studs on both suits look identical to me in person. I took a comparison picture so you can take a look:

26434549703_c46e095e94_z.jpg

If you want any other pics, let me know :)

Nice Comparison, I assume that the studs line up.

Thats on purpose because the collar stains the neck but its not really noticeable in person.

Yep.

I noticed a lot of the clothing tends to stain the paint on these figures when left for long periods of time. The lower neck of the helmeted sculpt for my SS sculpt has a blue stain, the Steve Rogers sculpt for TWS civvie figure has a bit of a blue stain on the back of the neck from the collar of the blue jacket (luckily, I had an extra sculpt and put that on and then tried to space the collar of the jacket from the neck as much as possible), and the fisted hands of my Thor figure from the first Thor film have red staining right around where the hand meets the wrist from the red fabric gauntlets.

Most of the staining occurs in places that will never be conspicuous though.

I usually shove the plastic down so it's less noticeable but I just switched heads and got lazy. I'll fix it eventually.

Back