1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the mods everyone is doing to him?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I've cut it off some of the under shirt around the neck, so his arms can come closer to his body.

IMG_20160515_174258.jpg

What's the mods everyone is doing to him?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I actually haven't seen people modding this figure too much. Wilian's shirt mod is the biggest mod I've seen/read. People have done minor ones such as simply attaching a magnet to one of the fisted hands. That's about all I've seen.

Oh didn't read the OP.

Yeah the pants should be there, the MOS body is ridiculously huge and out of scale

It's possible it could be the foot pegs used also.

In the BvS Superman thread, someone stated that the BvS Superman figure uses short foot pegs and therefore, is slightly shorter than the MoS figure and looks more in scale with other figures. However, when they used the MoS foot pegs on the BvS figure, it was just as large/tall as the MoS figure. So I'm sure if one swapped out the MoS foot pegs for some shorter ones, that would bring down the height of the MoS figure.

Yeah could be.

:lol that's hilarious you could achieve this look just by swapping foot pegs instead of the body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah could be.

:lol that's hilarious you could achieve this look just by swapping foot pegs instead of the body

Changing out foot pegs just affects the height, not the physique.

That's what I mean. The MoS body still has more girth than the AoU Cap body (and most other HT bodies), but the main complaint about the MoS body that I've seen people saying at least is that it's out of scale for their liking in terms of the height, being that it towers over other figures. At the same time, I've seen some people say the Cap bodies aren't muscular enough. So put some shorter foot pegs on the MoS figure and it lowers the height to be in scale with other HT figures, while now having more girth. :lol

Here's a picture of both Superman figures with the stock AoU Cap figure that someone posted in the BvS Supes thread:

image.jpeg

However, as shown in the above picture that shows the AoU Cap suit on the MoS body, the suit isn't tailored to fit that particular body. :lol

I personally think the Cap body is fine, I mean I can look at the body swap and see proportions are out of whack but that's just me.

So I guess what I'm saying is if I were to do that look, I would just change the foot pegs.

I personally think the Cap body is fine, I mean I can look at the body swap and see proportions are out of whack but that's just me.

So I guess what I'm saying is if I were to do that look, I would just change the foot pegs.

I personally feel it is also.

Both in MoS and BvS, I actually felt Cavill is a bit more muscular and has a bit more girth than what Chris Evans does. Chris Evans is also quite muscular, but has a leaner physique. I think the AoU body is fine to capture his lean physique, especially when you pull the pants down a bit to where there is a bit of white showing underneath the middle red stripe, as in the film.

Shortening the neck peg and completely removing the fat suit on the Aou Cap also helps bring out his proportions.

image.jpg

Yup, that looks great, small changes makes a big difference. I wouldn't do it because I'm not comfortable too but I can see it :clap

Back