1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My humble advice/tip would be to pull the pants down a bit and pull the belt up to the tip of the pants, so that way there's no blue protruding out from the top of it.

Like this, basically:

image.jpg

I was going to post a better image. You responded before I could. :lol

I was changing up the poses on some of my AoU figures earlier this evening and Cap was one of them. Being that I have the regular version CW figure on PO and am going to use the helmeted sculpt on that, I had the un-helmeted sculpt on my AoU Cap. However, even though both sculpts look great, I really do feel this figure a bit more with the helmeted sculpt.

Quick cell pic I took of him:

image.jpg

I still very much enjoy this figure.

"You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off"

This figure gets no love anymore? :lol

_DSC1268.jpg

I lowered the pants as well to give a better v-shape

Yeah, this definitely enhances the figure and makes it look more accurate. Even a lot of promo photos of the figure didn't really have the pants pulled down. You don't have to pull them down too much though, as I've seen some that are actually a bit too far. Just enough to where there's a smidge of the slant pattern on the middle white area protruding just above the belt. I feel I got mine about just right.

I usually use this image as a reference:

Captain-america-in-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-wallpapers-hd-1366X768-desktop-01.jpg

When you put the shield on his back, does anyone have this problem that I am having: i.e. the shield won't stay in the centre of his back. Once the magnets in the clothing down his lower back start to take the shield, the magnets shift the shield from being dead centre to being either off to the right or off to the left. If you had this problem and resolved, please let me know how. Thanks.

mine does that too but if you fold the handle out on the bottom it prevents it from attaching to the magnet and makes it lay a bit straighter

Wish they'd kept this look for CW ; but I guess the new suit fits better with the slightly grimmer tone of the movie

Pretty sure I'm alone in this, but I don't think suit colors need to reflect a film's emotional tone. I don't like the drab and subdued colors of the new suit. The physique on the CW Cap is improved but I don't think that's enough to make me get it, more than happy with this one.

The only thing to me on this suit that is a shade brighter than the CW suit is the red. The blue looks like it's pretty much the same hue, maybe only slightly lighter, but not very much.

What do you guys do about flayed/protruding ends on the stitching? I know the obvious answer would be use scissors to cut them off, but most scissors are too big to get the small ones. So I was just wondering if anyone had any tricks, tools, etc.

Back