1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no,nothing so far,stil looks as good as it did when i got it
Quick question to all the people who own this figure - does the shield suffer from issues reported on previous Cap releases? Paint cracks, flaking, etc? Do you need to seal the paint anyhow?

I'm waiting for my Cap to arrive (Monday I presume) so I'd prefer to secure the shield as soon as possible if that's in fact neccessary.

Thanks!

Quick question to all the people who own this figure - does the shield suffer from issues reported on previous Cap releases? Paint cracks, flaking, etc? Do you need to seal the paint anyhow?

I'm waiting for my Cap to arrive (Monday I presume) so I'd prefer to secure the shield as soon as possible if that's in fact neccessary.

Thanks!

I really don't want to tempt fate but I have an Avengers 1 Capt and still haven't seen any sign of problems. I did buy some sealant in preparation but will only use it if I see signs of flaking.

I really don't want to tempt fate but I have an Avengers 1 Capt and still haven't seen any sign of problems. I did buy some sealant in preparation but will only use it if I see signs of flaking.
I would advise to use it ahead of time, once it starts cracking it snowballs from there.

Just a quick one to show the shield. :)

IMG_6845-Edit-3.jpg

What kind of sealant did you get? I have the same figure and the same concerns.

I would not use semi..unless you are a pretty good painter it will end up with an inconsistent finish. I personally would go gloss. It's supposed to be a shiny metal so it's what I would do

Great looking shield.

That picture makes it look like Caps leg is broken.

It may just be me, but I've kind of noticed that about this figure. His lower legs/calves seem to kind of protrude out a bit more. I haven't really compared it to other figures so I'm not sure how much more they do than others, but I've only really noticed it on him.

Not really a big deal to me though.

Back