1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's best if you remove the hs altogether first, align the collar while repositioning the hs, before you apply the required pressure to push the hs in (while holding onto the collar at the same time to make sure it doesn't get pushed in along with the neck).

Thanks for your advise. Took me awhile but finally got it. I even undone his belt and pull his pants up!

IMG_1189.jpg

For both AoU and Strike Suit Caps, whenever I remove the sculpt to tweak something and that happens, I usually just do what tdk5 said and then use some tweezers and very gently pull the collar up as far as it goes to where it's nice and straight.

For both AoU and Strike Suit Caps, whenever I remove the sculpt to tweak something and that happens, I usually just do what tdk5 said and then use some tweezers and very gently pull the collar up as far as it goes to where it's nice and straight.

yeap i actually found tweezers to be more of use than the little plastic tool HT provides :lol

Have to be careful of the sharp edges though

I'm asking for friend...He has just received his Captain America but it doesn't have the A On the shoulders. Anyone else have this issue or is his figure a knock off of some description???

I'm asking for friend...He has just received his Captain America but it doesn't have the A On the shoulders. Anyone else have this issue or is his figure a knock off of some description???

Mine personally doesn't, but I've seen this issue once before on another member's AoU Cap. Theirs was just missing the Avengers "A" on only one of the shoulders though. It's not a knock off, just an error on HT's part.

Mine personally doesn't, but I've seen this issue once before on another member's AoU Cap. Theirs was just missing the Avengers "A" on only one of the shoulders though. It's not a knock off, just an error on HT's part.

Thanks for the reply. I'll let him know that it's not a knock off, just a rare manufacturing error.

It is cap before he joined the Avenger. All kidding aside, most likely a manufacturing error. If it bothers him, maybe he can return it and get a replacement.

Label it as an ultra rare variant and sell it on Ebay for double lol.

It would irritating to get a figure that's not completely mint, but unless he is doing a movie specific shelf it probably wouldn't be a huge deal. Worse things could be wrong with it.

Last edited:
I think it looks better without the A. I never liked it on the shoulders, looked to busy.

He must take it off at some point in the movie... That's like the Avengers equivalent to a facebook unfriending. I hope there's a scene where Bucky rips it off for him.

Oh very interesting, good eye cof. I never noticed that.

Like DasMuse mentioned, he must take it off at some point. It will be interesting to see in what manner they get removed and the circumstances surrounding it.

Back