1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried the whole supporting the local comic shop thing a few times. Their service sucks. They are patronizing to customers as if we didn't know what we're talking about. I asked them if they had any caps in stock a few months back. They tried to tell me they were going to check and see if they could get one in for me ahead of release, like a special treatment type of thing, the type that warrants a bit of an added premium. I was like... "He's been out for months"... They then coped an attitude.

They've tried to jack up prices on figures that aren't even that rare.

No thanks. I'd rather buy online.

I tried the whole supporting the local comic shop thing a few times. Their service sucks. They are patronizing to customers as if we didn't know what we're talking about. I asked them if they had any caps in stock a few months back. They tried to tell me they were going to check and see if they could get one in for me ahead of release, like a special treatment type of thing, the type that warrants a bit of an added premium. I was like... "He's been out for months"... They then coped an attitude.

They've tried to jack up prices on figures that aren't even that rare.

No thanks. I'd rather buy online.

That's usually how people react when presented with facts that refute their assertions, or if they just simply find your objections valid.

I personally think Spock summed it up best in STID: "Reverting to name calling suggests you are defensive and therefore, find my objections valid."

How one reacts to criticism is generally a good harbinger on how accurate it is.

That's pretty common with smaller b&m stores. And it makes sense. Why sell it for less then you can get. It's the upside of doing PO. The down side is when it gets heavy discounts. I just PO day one if I want it. Figure it's worth the risk.
Hmm I agree, I usually PO day one, but its unpleasant to then see that figure discounted later on, and great when it sells out a few days later :lol

That's usually how people react when presented with facts that refute their assertions, or if they just simply find your objections valid.
I personally think Spock summed it up best in STID: "Reverting to name calling suggests you are defensive and therefore, find my objections valid."
How one reacts to criticism is generally a good harbinger on how accurate it is.
Cookie for you!
pat-pat-batman.gif

Unfortunately, the only Avengers Cap boots and gauntlets I've found are outrageously priced on Ebay. For boots, gauntlets, and hands it'd be almost $130.

I see SS still has the option to join the Waitlist and not just "Sold Out".
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-captain-america-hot-toys-902328/

Has anyone had their reservation convert lately? I've been expecting a cancellation email from SS since I joined the Waitlist on 8/20. So far nothing.

Sorry to say, but I wouldn't expect a conversion. It looks like the only way to get an AoU Cap without paying outrageous prices is to wait for the inevitable sell-off following the reveal of CW Cap.

I had made a reservation on 08/12 and it never converted. Mind you, I really thought I had a chance because reservations made the day before still converted.

I gave up and cancelled it and turned to eBay where I lucked out scoring a new one for retail cost.

Back