1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol thanks bro I'm a wedding photographer so I guess it makes sense for me to have that line up...lol I've had the mk3 since it debuted and is a hell of a reliable clicker.

That's a job I could never do. I've helped out some friends at weddings (I have a 5d mk2, 7dmk1, 1d mk3, t3i...and a handful of L lenses) and that's a venue that I just couldn't do without telling people off. Lol

I prefer animal, landscape and sports photography. Though I'm not all that great at any of it but I still enjoy it. I really want to get the 5ds/r. Though I've not had any hands on time with it yet. Maybe one of the guys on set will have it when we start shooting in a few months. I got to play with a few that way.

https://i.imgur.com/eT1EYWV.jpg[/QUOTE]

Great group shot geezyj! :clap

[QUOTE="mattinglymint23, post: 8102910, member: 52420"]Any suggestions for arm articulation? Suit restrictive but is it worth trying to free up arms a bit? I'd love to get some action poses done. And anyone figure out keeping knee pads in place? May use some thread to tighten around knee[/QUOTE]

Regarding arm articulation, are you possibly mixing up AoU Cap and stealth strike suit Cap? The shoulder joints on the AoU Cap seem to be a bit looser to help increase arm articulation to compensate for the tight fitting, restrictive suit. This was an improvement from the stealth strike suit, as the arms on that figure have limited articulation due to the same tight fitting suit. AoU Cap should be relatively easy to pose in dynamic, action poses.

Unfortunately, I think the knee pads are just one of the very few minor flaws (if not the only) on this awesome figure that one has to live with.

eT1EYWV.jpg

Fighting an army of robots :lol :woo

Thanks Silver. My AoU Cap's right arm doesn't seem to hold position when I raise to shoulder level. Maybe the joint is defective. I'm tempted to remove upper uniform to inspect. Any concerns about doing so? Seems like a tough suit to get off with out damaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Silver. My AoU Cap's right arm doesn't seem to hold position when I raise to shoulder level. Maybe the joint is defective. I'm tempted to remove upper uniform to inspect. Any concerns about doing so? Seems like a tough suit to get off with out damaging.

It is tough to get off without damaging. Many times the zipper will break the first time you use it. At least you can get a spare on ebay if something goes wrong.

:lol thanks bro I'm a wedding photographer so I guess it makes sense for me to have that line up...lol I've had the mk3 since it debuted and is a hell of a reliable clicker.

I just switched over from Canon DSLR to Sony mirrorless - I don't regret it! All of my Canon lenses are compatible with Sony too, just need an adapter. Shooting weddings is a lot easier on my back now :D

Ah, so the shoulder joint is loose then?

If that's the case, as I mentioned, I think HT made the shoulder joints on AoU Cap a little looser to compensate for the tightness of the suit and an attempt to increase articulation. The strike suit has a similar fitting suit and the arms barely move up at all because of it. When you raise the arm on the AoU Cap straight out at a 90 degree angle, especially with the shield, it will lower back down. The trick is when you raise his arm, bend/push the shoulder joint forward a bit at an angle and it will help lock his arm in place and it will stay at that height, even with his shield.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Do not remove the uniform vest. The vest is very tight fitting and the zipper is very fragile and it is extremely difficult to zip it back together if you take it off. The zipper will likely end up breaking.

I just switched over from Canon DSLR to Sony mirrorless - I don't regret it! All of my Canon lenses are compatible with Sony too, just need an adapter. Shooting weddings is a lot easier on my back now :D

Easier on your back? If your using the same lens, with an adaptor the weight will be less then a pound different.

Finally cracked and did something about my biggest problem with this awesome figure. I glued a magnet to one of his closed fists so I don't have to worry about hiding that ridiculous cupped hand behind his shield anymore!

Looks so much better to me now. I feel at ease haha

8141b90cbb5466ac5478150dac10b858.jpg

74430a506c77c624570bb5d649dfa1f3.jpg
I ordered an extra pair of fists to do this very thing, but I can't find any magnets that small. Where'd you buy yours at? Checked a few stores and the smallest I found was the size of a penny.

So, your bothered that a hand that get HIDDEN by the shield is gripped, but you don´t bothered at all to the fact that this fist has a big magnet on top of it?
Hand is not always hidden nor should I have to hide it ... and as you can see by the pic I posted, you barely see the magnet when the shield is attached.

That's why I bought extra hands in case I want to switch up the side he's holding the shield or put it on his back.

Back