1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"What do you mean we can't be Avengers?"

giphy.gif

Nice pic! :clap

Why do comic stores everywhere else have loads of HTs, but mine has nothing but regular figs and old, overpriced statues? Last HT I saw for sale in person there was Two-Face years ago.

Why do comic stores everywhere else have loads of HTs, but mine has nothing but regular figs and old, overpriced statues? Last HT I saw for sale in person there was Two-Face years ago.

I live in San Diego and there isn't one single store in SD county that sells Hot Toys. There are a few in LA, if I'm willing to drive an hour and a half or more. But not one down here.

There are two comic stores that sell HT about an hour from where I live. One charges a 20% mark up from SS prices and the other sells at the same price I would pay from SS if I include shipping cost, but buying from them is like buying from a car salesman. They act like I've never heard of a Hot Toys figure before no matter how much I discuss them and try to convince their customers that if they buy them, they'll sell out and the value will skyrocket, making them rich. Even if that were true, I don't think a selling point should be that you can sell it to someone else for more.

Plus, I live in a tax free state and both of these places are in a state with tax. :pfft:

Back