1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve looked like he got hit upside the head a bit too hard by Ultron, giving him a wonky eye [emoji1]

I think you meant Quicksilver. :lol

tumblr_nkpby0JDeo1th1illo6_500.gif

My Cap arrives on Wednesday...fingers crossed I don't get the lazy eye and all is well. I've been waiting on this figure for a while. I now own 12 Hot Toy figures and this was the first I ever ordered. :lol

Forgive the poor quality cell phone pic, but here is my new Cap in the place I previously had my Cap First Avenger figure (I kept using the First Avenger stand for continuity). I think this Avengers Cap looks best with Wolverine and Spidey representing the main big Marvel movies franchises. (Spider-Man, an X-Man, and an Avenger). My Marvel movies are to the left of Spidey on the same shelf. So, I'm not really collecting "Avengers" but trying to keep it simple and get something to represent Marvel in general. I also like the figures that evoke the feeling of the comics the best. This Captain America from AOU seems to do that better than the other Caps IMO.
MarvelShelf.jpg

Same reason I got AoU Cap. He looks the most like the comics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The AoU is the best suit thus far in my opinion. It's seems to primarily be an amalgamation of the strike suit and Golden Age suits, but still has subtle hints of every Cap suit thus far.

That and I'm a huge Cap fan, so I'll get any Cap figure they come out with. :lol

The AoU is the best suit thus far in my opinion. It's seems to primarily be an amalgamation of the strike suit and Golden Age suits, but still has subtle hints of every Cap suit thus far.

That and I'm a huge Cap fan, so I'll get any Cap figure they come out with. :lol

I'm with you...I just need to get ahold of Rescue Cap, I still haven't managed to get my hands on him.

I agree!

I agree, I really hated the costume from the first Avengers movie. It looked like PJ's. I like to imagine the Cap didn't like it much either, after all we are told he didn't really have any input into it himself as Coulson and others designed it for him. Cap certainly didn't have time in the midst of the alien crisis to make any changes. We are told Cap had a say in his first "uniform", and I imagine he has a say in the strike suit as he settled into working for shield in the 21st century. So after he briefly went back to a version of his FA uniform it seems reasonable that the AOU version is an intentional mix of the FA and WS versions that becomes the definitive MCU modern age Cap.

They all are so very cool, I have thought about getting the FA Rescue version and Star Spangled version along with the Strike Suit but budget and shelf space makes that impractical for me. That's what makes the AOU version so great, if you had to get only one THIS is the one to get (IMO). Seeing pictures from Civil War, I don't like it that we lose the white on the bicep, it will be fine for the movie and is still very similar but they got it perfect in AOU. I have the FA version of the figure but the AOU version displaced it on my shelf. I love the FA version a lot but I am actually considering selling it now - we'll see. :)

So many great pics and poses! Awesome!

Just got my figure in this week and also his shield! Here is my temporary display until I can hang the shield.

KA_shield_and_Hot_Tots_Capt_IMG_4977.jpg

Excellent display mark!

I agree, I really hated the costume from the first Avengers movie. It looked like PJ's. I like to imagine the Cap didn't like it much either, after all we are told he didn't really have any input into it himself as Coulson and others designed it for him. Cap certainly didn't have time in the midst of the alien crisis to make any changes. We are told Cap had a say in his first "uniform", and I imagine he has a say in the strike suit as he settled into working for shield in the 21st century. So after he briefly went back to a version of his FA uniform it seems reasonable that the AOU version is an intentional mix of the FA and WS versions that becomes the definitive MCU modern age Cap.

They all are so very cool, I have thought about getting the FA Rescue version and Star Spangled version along with the Strike Suit but budget and shelf space makes that impractical for me. That's what makes the AOU version so great, if you had to get only one THIS is the one to get (IMO). Seeing pictures from Civil War, I don't like it that we lose the white on the bicep, it will be fine for the movie and is still very similar but they got it perfect in AOU. I have the FA version of the figure but the AOU version displaced it on my shelf. I love the FA version a lot but I am actually considering selling it now - we'll see. :)

While I didn't detest the first Avengers suit, it's not one of my top favorites. I still liked it though being that it is a classic Captain America uniform and look. However, it did seem kind of impractical. The utility belt just seemed kind of "there", like it didn't have a purpose.

Some people didn't like the stealth strike suit because of the lack of red in the suit being that he's, well, Captain AMERICA. However, I can understand the darker tones to it, hence whey it's called "stealth". He wore that suit when he was the leader of the strike team with SHIELD.

If I had to go with just one Cap figure, it'd be the AoU one. If I had to keep just two, it'd be the AoU and the FA one actually.

Back