1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I don't want the stealth suit/civie Steve 2 pack. Hopefully before that charges, SSC will list the preorder and transfer the deposit over if I ask because I only ordered it for the unmasked sculpt.
This suit is better. So much better.

Oh, I still like the Stealth suit (and am glad to have it [someday] on the way)...but this is a damn fine looking figure. Like the stern expression of the portrait. The uniform is growing on me...it's striking that balance of a bright comic-book primary color look merging with the more muted, functional look that has been established in the movies.

Now here's hoping there is no NRD with this one....

Oh, I still like the Stealth suit (and am glad to have it [someday] on the way)...but this is a damn fine looking figure. Like the stern expression of the portrait. The uniform is growing on me...it's striking that balance of a bright comic-book primary color look merging with the more muted, functional look that has been established in the movies.

Now here's hoping there is no NRD with this one....
I thought NRDs were on stuff $300 and over?

damn now I want both versions :lol

The A1 cap from Hottoys is still one of my fave too..Unlike the real life goofy looking suit in the film, Hottoys nailed it.

imo, it does not look inferior to the A2 suit. I may be in the minority here. Anyone with me? haha

The A1 cap from Hottoys is still one of my fave too..Unlike the real life goofy looking suit in the film, Hottoys nailed it.

imo, it does not look inferior to the A2 suit. I may be in the minority here. Anyone with me? haha

I have no issues with the A1 suit. And its one of my favorite figures. I've been collecting all the HT caps (except GA), so this will just be another.

I'm actually surprised how much I prefer the AoU suit to A1, but seeing the two figure images side-by-side makes all the difference. Oddly it's having the ears exposed in the AoU suit that sells it for me. That just looks more like Cap to me as it's more comic book accurate. And as others have noted it combines the best elements of the Stealth Suit with the more traditional flag colors. This will be the Cap that doesn't get away.

I think it looks amazing without the helmet. I just wish they gave us a better Steve head.

952f63ca0a8e471849b75c92232cc288.jpg

Oh, A1 is not bad. I just think AoU is better. It just adds and removes the brighter colors in the right way. Brown gloves, boot covers, back straps along with red lines on chest around the star. I couldn't have told you what I wanted but they managed to give that to me.

Just a quick bad pic. My TFA helmet HS is on my GA Cap. If i die my family will have a great time getting all the right parts in the right boxes :lol

Looks great. Ready for action! Like an interim version of his costume that we never got to see him use in TFA.
When GA Cap pics were shown, i put together a TFA/Avengers/TWS hybrid using TFA suit(With extra mid section stripes), Avengers boots and gloves, and an unpainted shield.

Back