1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this has been discussed, but are Hot Toys sacrificing hand articulation with this figure?

Looks as though it is a molded hand/wrist this time?

You appear to be correct, good eye. Though it doesn't change my desire to own this one bit :lol

Sorry if this has been discussed, but are Hot Toys sacrificing hand articulation with this figure?

Good catch, I don't really mind not having wrist articulation providing the give us the proper posing hands

Every year I say to myself, "I don't have a Captain America figure, I want one, I should go for this one" since the First Avenger. I was going to get the Stealth Suit one but didn't.

This might finally be the one. I love the Stealth suit but I also live the classic color scheme. The masked and unmasked heads are winners, so yeah, I think I might finally buy a Captain America. It'll be my third Matvel figure since the original Hot Toys Spider-Man and black suit Spidey.

Could be that the magnets to hold the shield when the handles are folded are only in a few of the hands to cut down on costs and due to that they had to have the whole wrist assembly thing changable?

I would have picked up the Stealth Cap but it was kind of a triple whammy: bad body, no unmasked head and no classic shield. That was just too much. This new figure resolves at least two of those three issues so they'd have to really mess this one up for me to pass

Are we positive that the body issue is going to be fixed with this new Ultron figure, though?

Yeah as much as I really like the WS two pack I am officially canceling and just getting this guy. Everything you could want in a Cap figure and should be $100 cheaper. If this is $290 then maybe I'll reconsider.

HT MAY add some bulk to the chest, but I wouldn't bet on it. It'll still have the fat suit, it'll still have restrictions on articulation. HT will plaster AoU on the box and charge $250 for it. And people will buy.

This will be my first Hot Toys figure. It looks pretty great.

Is hot toys pretty good about releasing things when them claim? This says Q2/Q3 release. Is that realistic or a pipe dream?

HT MAY add some bulk to the chest, but I wouldn't bet on it. It'll still have the fat suit, it'll still have restrictions on articulation. HT will plaster AoU on the box and charge $250 for it. And people will buy.

Hot Toys does make improvements some time. Look at the MOS figure. I know they heard people complaining about the Winter Soilder version so maybe the can get this one looking like the prototype.

Is hot toys pretty good about releasing things when them claim? This says Q2/Q3 release. Is that realistic or a pipe dream?

If it's like Star Lord or Ichabod Crane, it could very well be a fast turn around. This is just a repaint after all.

No. Lol the figures tend to get the release dates bounced around a few times. And depending on where u live the hot toys release date is not the date it's released for you. And it depends on whom you order it through.

I received my HT Stealth Cap on Friday. Believe you me they never live up to the prototype photos especially figs that are clothed. The Stealth Cap not only has issues with the ends of the sleeves, but whatever TT they used for the fig kind of sucks too. The chest and abs areas are totally flat.

I received my HT Stealth Cap on Friday. Believe you me they never live up to the prototype photos especially figs that are clothed. The Stealth Cap not only has issues with the ends of the sleeves, but whatever TT they used for the fig kind of sucks too. The chest and abs areas are totally flat.

Wait a minute? There are issues with the body and the sleeves?
Why didn't other people say that before now?

Back