1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He doesn't necessarily need magnets in the closed fist hands. Since it's magnetized, as it was in the movie,
there is no real need to make it look like he is holding it. You now how it's attached. Just my $.02.
Ryan

I think that post was addressing someone commenting that the magnetic closed fists that come with the figure don't have the cosmetic arm magnet bits on them, and is saying they don't need them anyway because the shield attaches to the fist and covers that part.

As far as I've seen in reviews there is no actual magnet on the closed fist...meaning it will not attach to it magnetically.

Thanks for the attempt at clarifying.

As far as I've seen in reviews there is no actual magnet on the closed fist...meaning it will not attach to it magnetically.

Thanks for the attempt at clarifying.

My mistake, I meant the slightly open hands, these puppies:
DSC03903_zpsvewbyeek.jpg~original

Or maybe someone also wanted these magnetic hands in a closed fist version, and he was saying there's no point.

I give up, they're not speaking English, case closed.

It says magnets are not needed on the closed fists because it's magnetized in the movie ...? I get that he disagreed just not understanding the reason.

It says magnets are not needed on the closed fists because it's magnetized in the movie ...? I get that he disagreed just not understanding the reason.

He said becuase it's magnatozed it doesn't matter what position the hand is in. Simple as that.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree. Just that I understood what he said.

Ah okay. ..which has nothing to do with my original post at all. His way wasn't a very sensical way of putting it ha problem solved. Thanks.

I'll clarify what I said and what I meant.
In all previous Caps, the closed hand grasped the shield. No magnets. If you wanted the shield to be held and look correct,
he would have to be holding it in a closed hand. With the new AoU Cap, you have an option. You can use the shield holding
hand (non magnetic) on the retractable shield handles to hold on to the shield and LOOK like he's holding the shield. Your
other option is to use the relaxed hand with the magnets to hold the shield on his arm so it looks attached to his uniform
and clearly shows this. If you had magnets in the closed fist it wouldn't look natural. It would look like you're pretending
to hold the shield (since it's a toy) and not technically wearing it. I know that if I were Cap and the shield was magnetically
attached to my uniform gear, I wouldn't be standing around with my fist clenched all the time. Super Soldier or not, you're going
to tire out your hand. lol
Does that make it any clearer?
Ryan

ETA: CTO15 got the general idea.
And I am a guy.

Agree to disagree....I'm sure he also had both options in the film, unless Black Widow had magnets as on her arm as well when she was utilizing the shield. Pretty sure if I were rushing or hitting someone with a shield such as that I'd be making a fist even if it were attached to my forearm. Just wouldn't mind the option is all.

Agree to disagree....I'm sure he also had both options in the film, unless Black Widow had magnets as on her arm as well when she was utilizing the shield. Pretty sure if I were rushing or hitting someone with a shield such as that I'd be making a fist even if it were attached to my forearm. Just wouldn't mind the option is all.

I agree. But I'm sure there's a reason they did it.

As for fighting...unless it's the strongest magnet ever I'd use the handles. Otherwise it gets knocked off.

He managed to knock Ultron over after having it attached to the magnet when Black Widow got it to him on top of that truck....guess those Stark magnets are crazy strong. Ha

I'd say they're pretty strong since he can pick it up off the ground with the magnets alone, not even having to bend over.

Back