1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if anyone was worried about needing to wait for the next one in case you miss out on a better costume. You can put that to rest... Captain America’s ‘Civil War’ Movie Costume Revealed

Captain-America-Civil-War-Promo-Art-costume-first-look.jpg

I just saw the official promo art for the Civil War suit and I'm happy to say I like the AOU suit better. It's really is missing the white on the arms and I don't like the stealth boots added on to it. For once, finally, I can get a marvel figure and not worry that I will like the next version better. Gotta say, it's kinda nice!
And as a added bonus this will be hitting right before my birthday instead of later so double bonus. But for those who like the CW version congrats to you too, you just have to hang in there a little longer.

Remember guys, promo art doesn't mean much. It's almost always off from the final production. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on the very first picture that has popped up.

I wouldn't place any guarantees on the figure itself. Who knows what the quality will be? It could end up being the Strike Cap all over again.

Imagine waiting a year and a half and the physique is terrible again. Chances are they won't screw up another Cap but I wouldn't risk it

Remember guys, promo art doesn't mean much. It's almost always off from the final production. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on the very first picture that has popped up.

Yep. Look at the dozens of designs in the art of books

Yep. Look at the dozens of designs in the art of books

Well, if it's even close to the photo then it should hopefully do away with anyone having doubts that the next Cap suit will be vastly different or better than AoU one. Just some hopeful reassurance for anyone that gets "next best thing" toy anxiety.

FYI SSC is still dealing with port issues, hence the longer than normal lag time between HK and US release. It's not like they could just flip a switch at the Long Beach port and have all of those backlogged ships unloaded.

If the initial art holds true, looks like they went back to short gloves...will it have the same issues as the stealth suit?

Beautiful shot! :clap

Although this figure lacks muscle definition he still looks big and bulky. I think Hot Toys did a real good job with creating the illusion of a muscular guy from just the padding and design of the suit. I may have to pick this up as it looks quite good.

Totally agree with you there. After the nightmare that was the STRIKE Cap, this looks much better :clap

Back