1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put my deposit down for this. Can't wait to pose him with his hands clasped behind his back looking off majestically into the cosmos.

Just need that drone Ultron to be made now....

That's the another thing holding me back. When I think of Thanos, that's how I picture him. I'm not sure this figure will have hay mobility. Certainly hope I'm wrong.

That's how I want to pose him too... I wonder if it can be done.

Based on pictures of the back of the figure, joints and the length of his arms its gonna be possible, at minimum to get his fists touching knuckles basically. And I managed the pose fairly well with the Marvel Select Thanos and that has terrible articulation so his should be easier and look better.

Based on pictures of the back of the figure, joints and the length of his arms its gonna be possible, at minimum to get his fists touching knuckles basically. And I managed the pose fairly well with the Marvel Select Thanos and that has terrible articulation so his should be easier and look better.

I agree he looks like he can, but just need to be sure those joints by the biceps swivel. I can't see why they wouldn't, but pictures really don't confirm it.

I too would want to pose him like that as well, and this to me is just another reason to wait and see in hand pictures, see what he's capable of, and compare sizes.

Would be better off taking the $400+ and buying gold. Just sayin' since most people will just unbox this figure, place on a shelf and forget about it.

Does the gold come with a throne? Because Thanos does, just sayin'.

This may not be the hobby for you since most people who collect these figures buy them to put on their shelf. Just sayin'.

I wasn't aware there were other things to spend money on. Since I have all these shelves I figured they were made for collectibles so that's what I've been putting on them, just sayin'.

One more:

Some of us collect these figures because it's our hobby--not because we're looking at them as investments. Just sayin'.

I agree he looks like he can, but just need to be sure those joints by the biceps swivel. I can't see why they wouldn't, but pictures really don't confirm it.

The elbow swivel is the most important joint in this pose, biceps are left forward facing roughly maybe tilted in towards the body slightly. The forearms are swiveled at the elbow and the whole arms rotated so the hands lie just behind his lower back. All that looks very possible, the only thing I'm dubious off is whether the one hand can clasp the other.

The elbow swivel is the most important joint in this pose, biceps are left forward facing roughly maybe tilted in towards the body slightly. The forearms are swiveled at the elbow and the whole arms rotated so the hands lie just behind his lower back. All that looks very possible, the only thing I'm dubious off is whether the one hand can clasp the other.

I wouldn't say fully clasp, well unless you heat one and up and reshape it

Would be better off taking the $400+ and buying gold. Just sayin' since most people will just unbox this figure, place on a shelf and forget about it.

I unbox all my figures and place them on shelves and in displays?

If that's a negative I'd really like to know what you're doing with figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The joints look terrible and he looks so stiff. He has the cool factor but when only have about 2 or three poses for him, you have to consider whether parting £300+ is worth it.

Shouldn't he be just over 13-13.5", since in the comics they have him listed at 6'7"?

ah yes but thats the comics.... theres actually no way to tell how tall he is in the movies... at least I don't think there is, he hasnt been standing beside anyone and I don't think its stated anywhere what height he is

Back