1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IS there any difference though?

Moveable hip panels aside, this suit looks just like the "Matador" suit from Iron Man Three: Lethal Weapon 2

There's more red in this version instead of the urine color of the IM3 suit, so it's no longer the ugliest IM suit ever, but the rest of the suit looks identical . . . has anyone done a detailed comparison?

Hot Toys saves muchos dinero when they re-use previously tooled armor molds (see 90% of the IM3 line).
Aside from a repaint, this is virtually the Mk 42 all over again.

The Mk 3 and the Mk 6 are leagues better than this busy design, IMO . . . your mileage may vary.

___

If you have that much of a problem with the design, blame Marvel not HT. They just make them, not design them.

I like the mark 42 so it made it very easy to like the mark 43..., admittedly it took me a while to like the mark 42 (as I didn't like it at all to begin with) but now that I'm passed that, the mark 43 was an instant like. I am kind of curious to know if I'd have felt differently towards the mark 43 if there was no goldy 42 before it but that's just a thought/wonder that occurred to me, for now I'm happy enough with the mark 42 diecast figure & I'm looking forward to having the upgrade join it as soon as possible. :)

I like the mark 42 so it made it very easy to like the mark 43..., admittedly it took me a while to like the mark 42 (as I didn't like it at all to begin with) but now that I'm passed that, the mark 43 was an instant like. I am kind of curious to know if I'd have felt differently towards the mark 43 if there was no goldy 42 before it but that's just a thought/wonder that occurred to me, for now I'm happy enough with the mark 42 diecast figure & I'm looking forward to having the upgrade join it as soon as possible. :)

Funny I dislike the MK43 purely because it is a red version the MK42 which I didn't like at all.

Had they gone straight for this colour scheme on the MK42 then I would probably have liked it quite a lot.

Too late...game over man...game over.

I never completed my Avengers line, I only got Loki, Iron Man VI and VIIBD, and Thor. I was going to go back but then they announced Avengers 2, now I don't see the point. I may still get 1 or 2 figures, like Widow and Fury, the chances are the AOU figures will be better.

So I would wait and see if the figures are better than your current ones(if your worried about duplicates) and then sell the ones you have. I will say though, because I never got the complete A1 line, I will definitely be getting everything from this movie :blissy
Yeah I'm fine on missing out on the first Avengers line. I have Hulk and that's it. I do regret not getting Coulson and Fury now though.

Funny I dislike the MK43 purely because it is a red version the MK42 which I didn't like at all.

Had they gone straight for this colour scheme on the MK42 then I would probably have liked it quite a lot.

Too late...game over man...game over.

I'm disappointed that the mark 43 is just a repaint really (I assume from Tony Stark's point of view, the internal technology & software could be what's different with it), the mark 45 looks a bit different if Lego is to be believed & I'm looking forward to owning that one too (if it really exists). :)

I'm disappointed that the mark 43 is just a repaint really (I assume from Tony Stark's point of view, the internal technology & software could be what's different with it), the mark 45 looks a bit different if Lego is to be believed & I'm looking forward to owning that one too (if it really exists). :)

Yeah the 1/4 may be the better option for the 43

I personally love the mark 43. Looks slick in my opinion. Can't wait to get this badboy

Well I didnt get the 42, and I'm getting everything from AOU so I don't mind the repaint either. The only concern I have is whether or not the paint is accurate and is the suit actually just a repaint in the movie

I've been trying to decide if I should get M42. Although the suit looks sick, I wasn't a huge fan of the color on 42, which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on that fig. I'm sure it's a dope fig. But once I saw M43 available for PO, it me jump ship and PO'd that one instead...hahaha I can't wait!!! :yess:

I've been trying to decide if I should get M42. Although the suit looks sick, I wasn't a huge fan of the color on 42, which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on that fig. I'm sure it's a dope fig. But once I saw M43 available for PO, it me jump ship and PO'd that one instead...hahaha I can't wait!!! :yess:

I'd like to gt the 42 some other time, I always wanted the the 42, War Machine and Iron Patriot

I'd like to gt the 42 some other time, I always wanted the the 42, War Machine and Iron Patriot

I agree, I feel the same. 42 isn't off my list, its just been put on a lower priority so to speak :lol

I would rather there be a new updated Mark 6 to round out my Iron Man addiction and then try and call it a day... but I know for a fact the Mark 45 be it in AoU or Civil War will end up in my collection (I am expecting and hoping the Civil War suit will be similar to the comic one of the era, which the Mark 6 is very similar to anyway).

I still think onscreen the 42 is kind of ugly but it is one my favorite HT figures. HT did an amazing job on the paint.

Last edited:
Yeah I passed in the 42 because of the color combo, and will be getting this because it's RED!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back