1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I had in mind. Any suggestions for who accepts PayPal for Pre-Orders? I belive that SS and BBTS require Cards. In theory, I could use my PayPal Card, but I'd prefer to directly use my PayPal account. Oh, and I apologize if I'm straying too far from the topic of the MK43.

Any place that takes PayPal for POs is going to require full payment up front unfortunately. I think it has something to do with PP's policies. If that's still something you want to pursue, I know Action Figure Express takes PP payments; that's how I pre-ordered my MoS figure since I was too dumb to read the fine print :lol

I used to that.... very handy

It's a good way to go if you forget (especially when there could be a year or more gap from PO to ship)or want to not get slammed.

I just do the flex payment now. And when my finaly payment is up and it gets bumped I just put that amount either into savings or whatnot so it's ready for when ever. That way I don't got to worry about it.

You can always open a second bank account (or use that blue bird prepaid bank account from Walmart or Walgreens) and put your collectible money into it. If you really want to do it there are lots of ways to.

Or just learn a little self control and save your money in a separate bank account, that would also save you a lot of hassle/time.

Or just learn a little self control and save your money in a separate bank account, that would also save you a lot of hassle/time.
Plus it could earn some interest while it's there, especially if you have all of the money now. Admitted today's rates are awful but it's better sat earning even a small amount in your account for the next 8/9 months than in theirs.

Plus it could earn some interest while it's there, especially if you have all of the money now. Admitted today's rates are awful but it's better sat earning even a small amount in your account for the next 8/9 months than in theirs.

The interest rate on savings is something like .01% so don't plan on making too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screw flex. Real men pay in full like a boss.

photos-funny-that-point-img.jpg :lol

It's easy for some people to say if you need to flex or if you don't make as much as me or whatever you shouldn't buy. But if those people stopped chances are the releases would get cut back, licenses would not get pursued. We all suffer.

When you make min wage in the usa or within a couple dollars an hour a hot toys figure is equal to about 3/8 of your take home pay.

8 bucks and hour for 40 hours a week is 320 before tax and insurance. After 25% for tax (which is around average) your at like 240. A diecast is equal to like 1.5 weeks of work.

And huge numbers of people work for those wages. Walmart, Meijer, target, the mall, McDonald's, Wendy's, and hundreds of other employers pay these wages, or equivalent due to less hours. So if they have to flex that's fine. I do it. And I could buy outright if need be. But it's easier for me to flex. And even if I got the money, a month with 2k worth of toys makes me reconsider the outlay. As hot toys isn't my only collected items.

I used to pay for my figures in advance but when waiting a year or more for them to turn up it made me rethink that & now I just make a deposit on most things & flex pay the more expensive ones..., interest rates are pretty naff now but I still made over £36.00 ($58.00) last year from keeping hold of my cash so it may only be a little but I'm better off. :)

The interest rate on savings is something like .01% so don't plan on making too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I did say they have an awful return, but some of us who are buying enough of these things could earn something over the next year if they had a decent regular saver for example... still may be peanuts though but still better earned to you and me.

I used to pay for my figures in advance but when waiting a year or more for them to turn up it made me rethink that & now I just make a deposit on most things & flex pay the more expensive ones..., interest rates are pretty naff now but I still made over £36.00 ($58.00) last year from keeping hold of my cash so it may only be a little but I'm better off. :)

I totally agree. I do not like paying my figures in advance.... Especially with countless delays.

Back