1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn... figured as much. Guess I'll be putting in my PO soon then. Wish they'd announce Hulkbuster already...

I should have been more specific. I'm sure that there won't be sales on the figure or anything, but I think the regular version will be in stock for awhile.

The MK III is very cool, but just doesn't have the allure for me to make it the one Iron Man. I guess it makes sense that Die Cast is more of a personal "I know it's metal" over it actually looking too much different than its plastic counterparts.

I don't envy your collecting Iron Man armors...that'd put me in the poor house if those were my collecting drug of choice :lol

I never set out to collect Iron Man, my collection focuses are Doctor Who & Star Wars but everytime I saw a new Iron Man figure from Hot Toys I was always impressed & eventually I gave in resisting & decided one figure wouldn't hurt..., who was I kidding? lol ;) I now have 9 figures plus 8 more on preorder (2 of which will be turning up this month, Heartbreaker & Hot Rod). :)

Damn... figured as much. Guess I'll be putting in my PO soon then. Wish they'd announce Hulkbuster already...
I should have been more specific. I'm sure that there won't be sales on the figure or anything, but I think the regular version will be in stock for awhile.

I wouldn't be so sure that it will be around long enough to get any significant discounts. This movie is going to be huge and IIRC people waited to see if figures from the the 1st Avengers movie would get any discounts and missed out (Including myself)

There's no way to tell how many they make or how fast they are selling, there's a good chance they made more for this movie than they did the 1st avengers movie... but I'd assume it will start selling faster when the EX edition is officially "sold out" and by the time we see them start pushing the movie hard in TV/Internet/Theater promos and when more AoU figures go up for pre-order.
I'm willing to bet the regular edition will be gone around the time the movie starts showing, if not sooner... Especially if the movie is as good as everyone thinks its going to be... I think this will even sell out before Mark 42 does... I could easily be wrong, but if you really want it, I wouldn't wait too long. There may be a lull right now, but I doubt it will last through next summer. If i'm wrong, I apologize, but I still wouldn't expect it to get much cheaper or for them to put discounts on it because they know it will sell regardless.

People thought the EX version would be around for awhile and it went to wait-list pretty fast. I know some are being converted pretty quick and could be a sales ploy by SSC or they are doing that to make sure they have enough, but I personally don't believe that's the case most of the time because lately when figures go on the wait-list, they don't come back that often. And since this is a main-stay for a major movie, I doubt it will be coming back when it goes to wait-list regardless of frequent conversions at the moment.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so sure that it will be around long enough to get any significant discounts. This movie is going to be huge and IIRC people waited to see if figures from the the 1st Avengers movie would get any discounts and missed out (Including myself)

There's no way to tell how many they make or how fast they are selling, there's a good chance they made more for this movie than they did the 1st avengers movie... but I'd assume it will start selling faster when the EX edition is officially "sold out" and by the time we see them start pushing the movie hard in TV/Internet/Theater promos and when more AoU figures go up for pre-order.
I'm willing to bet the regular edition will be gone around the time the movie starts showing, if not sooner... Especially if the movie is as good as everyone thinks its going to be... I think this will even sell out before Mark 42 does... I could easily be wrong, but if you really want it, I wouldn't wait too long. There may be a lull right now, but I doubt it will last through next summer. If i'm wrong, I apologize, but I still wouldn't expect it to get much cheaper or for them to put discounts on it because they know it will sell regardless.

People thought the EX version would be around for awhile and it went to wait-list pretty fast. I know some are being converted pretty quick and could be a sales ploy by SSC or they are doing that to make sure they have enough, but I personally don't believe that's the case most of the time because lately when figures go on the wait-list, they don't come back that often. And since this is a main-stay for a major movie, I doubt it will be coming back when it goes to wait-list regardless of frequent conversions at the moment.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm a little annoyed with myself that I missed out on the EX .... buuuut it's just an extra head right? Not that big of a deal.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm a little annoyed with myself that I missed out on the EX .... buuuut it's just an extra head right? Not that big of a deal.

unless it serves as an important plot point or a cool moment in the movie, its just an extra head... for now

Some exclusives don't really have much of a functional purpose, like the Battle Damaged Mark 42 helmet that came with the Silver Centurion. I have no use for it, though it is cool to have.

unless it serves as an important plot point or a cool moment in the movie, its just an extra head... for now

Exactly... As Brainiac said, this EX might imply something more than just battle damage since it has red LED eyes. It's purely speculation at this point but it's said that the eyes may be red because Ultron takes over the armor at some point in the movie, because the eyes should not normally be red. In which case, having this head would be ideal for me if it is actually a functional head (As in, it can replace the head on the figure) and not just a decoration piece. It's said that Iron Man will have a 3rd armor in the movie (Mark 45) which has been teased in Lego Age of Ultron set preview images. And if that is the case, AND Ultron does take control of Mark 43, I would prefer to display it with the red LED eyes as I play to make a big diorama for Age of Ultron (I will try to get every figure) and Mark 45 would be my Tony Stark for the display. Kinda complicated, I know... It's all speculation at the moment, but either way my OCD would have gone nut's if I missed this EX. But that's just me :wave

You can still probably get the EX if you jump on the wait list now.

Some exclusives don't really have much of a functional purpose, like the Battle Damaged Mark 42 helmet that came with the Silver Centurion. I have no use for it, though it is cool to have.
Exactly... As Brainiac said, this EX might imply something more than just battle damage since it has red LED eyes. It's purely speculation at this point but it's said that the eyes may be red because Ultron takes over the armor at some point in the movie, because the eyes should not normally be red. In which case, having this head would be ideal for me if it is actually a functional head (As in, it can replace the head on the figure) and not just a decoration piece. It's said that Iron Man will have a 3rd armor in the movie (Mark 45) which has been teased in Lego Age of Ultron set preview images. And if that is the case, AND Ultron does take control of Mark 43, I would prefer to display it with the red LED eyes as I play to make a big diorama for Age of Ultron (I will try to get every figure) and Mark 45 would be my Tony Stark for the display. Kinda complicated, I know... It's all speculation at the moment, but either way my OCD would have gone nut's if I missed this EX. But that's just me :wave

You can still probably get the EX if you jump on the wait list now.

oh your getting every figure as well.... :yess: me too :hi5:

I think it would be easy money to bet that Ultron takes over the armor at some point.

it would be yes.....

oh your getting every figure as well.... :yess: me too :hi5:

:hi5: I will certainly try, some of them may be situational... For instance, I probably won't buy both (Armored & Light Armor) Thor's unless the armored one has specific details that distinguish it from the armored TDW thor. I was on the fence about widow before I seen the proto pics from toy soul, AoU widow will be my first and probably only widow. Hulk will depend on how different it is from the last one, the proto didn't give me too much hope for that.

:hi5: I will certainly try, some of them may be situational... For instance, I probably won't buy both (Armored & Light Armor) Thor's unless the armored one has specific details that distinguish it from the armored TDW thor. I was on the fence about widow before I seen the proto pics from toy soul, AoU widow will be my first and probably only widow. Hulk will depend on how different it is from the last one, the proto didn't give me too much hope for that.

Yeah lets hope Thors costume changes drastically when he switches from Light to armored. Even if it was his hair that was different :dunno

As for Widow, I think the figure will change a lot from the Toy Soul prototype, it looked very rushed. Regardless the batons would be enough to convince me to buy another Widow as I only have the Winter Soldier version.... I bet we get a new head too, or I hope we do

Hulk is a must for me because I didnt get the first one and I'll be getting Hulkbuster too....

It's a bit maddening that we don't know whether or not the head is functional

What do you mean functional? As in does it fit on the figure? The Silver Centurion EX BD MK42 head is not functional, it has no joint or connection. I hope this is not the case with this one, unless there is no scene where the 43 has red eyes :dunno then I could care less

If the regular version is still in stock in another six or seven weeks, it should be coupon-eligible. Unless Sideshow does away with $20 coupons. :slap

I never set out to collect Iron Man, my collection focuses are Doctor Who & Star Wars but everytime I saw a new Iron Man figure from Hot Toys I was always impressed & eventually I gave in resisting & decided one figure wouldn't hurt..., who was I kidding? lol ;) I now have 9 figures plus 8 more on preorder (2 of which will be turning up this month, Heartbreaker & Hot Rod). :)

Haha, well I wish I had that sort of disposable income (or that type of income in general, even if it's not entirely disposable :lol) as there's plenty I'd love to get! It'd take a really special piece to get me to buy a double of someone -- which isn't entirely out of the question, I'm sure -- as for now I need to allocate funds into areas where I can keep my collection growing with others I want.

I'm being pulled more and more towards this one, and I wouldn't be shocked if I pre-order locally by the end of the day :lol And unless Civil War has a storytelling must piece to go along with Cap, I'll be happy with this being my representation of Iron Man.

Out of AoU the others that have my eye right away are Hawkeye and Black Widow. Widow is a LITTLE less of a worry, since she'll definitely be around for Civil War; but Hawkeye seems to be an Avengers only type of guy. Of course, there's always Infinite Gauntlet, but I'm sure there'll be even more figures coming out for that one that I'd like :lol I do like his jacket, but I'll wait to see full shots of the figure...see if the jacket is removable etc...either way, I'll get a Hawkeye at some point!

I do like the added colours to Widow, as well as her new weapons. I think she's a character they'll give a few more pieces to in terms of guns, etc...but her price point is usually lower (I think it was $199.99 before? I can't see this one going higher than $209.99 due to the brand, and I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed at $199.99).

Ultron may be one I'll pick up. I've never been huge into getting villains (though I am waiting for a Ra's Al Ghul Liam Neeson figure still) but after you see a movie, you really want everything, so I'll have to be careful :lol Scarlett Which is one I'll aim to grab as well, though we'll see how the sculpt is, as future releases of that may be worth waiting for as they perfect the sculpt!

Then there's Hulkbuster, which my wife thinks looks awesome in the movie, but just too much in the figure :lol That said, it'll probably cost too much anyway, as I'm not sure I could pick it up over two or three other figures. As with everyone here though, we'll wait and see! :lol

If the regular version is still in stock in another six or seven weeks, it should be coupon-eligible. Unless Sideshow does away with $20 coupons. :slap

Looks like they haven't yet, as the New Year's e-mail sent out today had one! :hi5:

Back