1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shall we guess on the cost? I'm thinking $319.99. I too am surprised this is already being revealed. I think it's a great looking armor but for what I think it will cost, and the fact that I want the HB and Ultron on top of this, this will have to pass.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AOU - Iron Man Mark 43 (Reveal + PO Next Week)

could not agree more! I feel the dominant red looks forced in this design. I would have loved to see a design similar to the extremis armor instead
Yep. As a fan, but not a HT Iron Man completest, I'd rather have a different armor (than the 43) for a predominant Red figure. I'll wait for the re-issue/diecast of the Mark VI or VII...or see what's coming up, that we haven't seen yet.
I would like to pick up the battle damaged Helmet from the Mark 43 set to make my custom, fully battle damaged Mark 42.

Shall we guess on the cost? I'm thinking $319.99. I too am surprised this is already being revealed. I think it's a great looking armor but for what I think it will cost, and the fact that I want the HB and Ultron on top of this, this will have to pass.

Yup. Those two are my priorities too. Plus I have the mark 3 on PO. It's tempting bec of the base though but Id rather have a real ultron figure!

Wow, i never thought that i could be so happy because of a figure! its so great that we already see something from AOU!

The manufacturers receive approved reference material from the licensee that they use to create prototypes. They don't make these things from looking at movie trailers. It could easily be a situation of the reference material provided was early and the suit was modified after it was sent.

This is the reason none of the toy manufacturers with the Iron Man 2 license produced a Whiplash MK2 at the time of the movie's release. Marvel Studios didn't provide reference material due to the last minute changes to the end of the movie and inclusion of the new armor.

Then it just seems stupid to include this in the description :
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Mark XLIII in Avengers: Age of Ultron

it should be more like :
- The nearest acceptable likeness to insure similarity with the XLIII in Avengers: Age of Ultron (may not be 100% accurate)

Then it just seems stupid to include this in the description :
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Mark XLIII in Avengers: Age of Ultron

it should be more like :
- The nearest acceptable likeness to insure similarity with the XLIII in Avengers: Age of Ultron (may not be 100% accurate)
Remember: Just the other day, when the 1st pic of this was released, it was stated that this was a "dummy" figure for display. A "repaint of the Mark 43."
The waist flaps could have been easily cut and glued to represent what HT are thinking in terms of articulation. I'm just saying we might see some subtle changes on the final.
The production pics of the 42 (that are still up on SSC) are different than what we have in hand. IMO the in hand pics of the Mark 42 are better than ANY of the production pics.

Lets see if we can spot the inaccuracy :lol
View attachment 152111

first thing that jumps out is the shoulders :ohbfrank: and that screenshot is from the trailer. So Hot Toys must have said "oh well, I guess the 43 is basically the 42 with reversed colors", instead of actually researching the armor(like watching the trailer once) and realizing its not exactly the same

The color on the upper triceps is also wrong...should have been gold instead of full-on red. Wonder how they got a straight re-color wrong lol...kinda like the issue with the color of the civie Steve rogers shield in the strike cap 2-pack set...where they didn't really bother with abiding by on-screen accuracy.

Man I cant afford all of those IM, maybe I will skipped rest IM3 line and jump bandwagon to Mark 43 and Hulkbuster

About inaccuracy HT most likely will fix it to minimum

The version we're seeing now & the version we eventually get could well change, things rarely ever stay the same when it comes to prototypes & the production models. :)

About inaccuracy HT most likely will fix it to minimum

The version we're seeing now & the version we eventually get could well change, things rarely ever stay the same when it comes to prototypes & the production models. :)

Amen & Amen :pray:

Although I'm a little worried that they're using what seems like a regular 2-prong stand (like that for the BD Mark VII fig) for this figure...would it be able to support the weight of a diecast?

Looks amazing to me! Awesome base > battle damaged parts!

And...

Clearly based on the exclusive piece, Ultron takes over this suit which means we get a different one we haven't seen yet!

Looks amazing to me! Awesome base > battle damaged parts!

And...

Clearly based on the exclusive piece, Ultron takes over this suit which means we get a different one we haven't seen yet!

That's true! If Ultron takes over the armor, we will definitely get a new suit:hi5:....****:thud:

Why would Ultron bother taking over an Iron Man suit? Don't think he needs it, just curious as it is certainly an interesting thought but either way I doubt we'll get another suit..., maybe at best there will be another of the accessory packs & an Ultron head but if it's just a red eye thing then it's already been covered in the exclusive release of this suit, has it not? :/

Why would Ultron bother taking over an Iron Man suit? Don't think he needs it, just curious as it is certainly an interesting thought but either way I doubt we'll get another suit..., maybe at best there will be another of the accessory packs & an Ultron head but if it's just a red eye thing then it's already been covered in the exclusive release of this suit, has it not? :/

yeah i think the customary 2nd suit this time will be the hulkbuster...cos it seems that Tony is still using the mk43 suit when piloting hb

I would love to see something happen in the film like with Earth's Mightiest Heroes where Ultron took over all of Tony's suits but Tony suited up in the Mark I and started kicking ass since it had no AI inside of it for Ultron to take over.

Back