1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets see if we can spot the inaccuracy :lol
View attachment 152111

first thing that jumps out is the shoulders :ohbfrank: and that screenshot is from the trailer. So Hot Toys must have said "oh well, I guess the 43 is basically the 42 with reversed colors", instead of actually researching the armor(like watching the trailer once) and realizing its not exactly the same
It's not inaccurate. The Mark 42 in that section of the trailer is an actual prop suit. They're usually used in shots like that for either the trailer alone or to get an idea of the lighting for those doing the CGI. Because of that the prop isn't 100% accurate in terms of the paint app or the little details that will be on it in the end. You can see here that the shoulders are indeed correct on the figure.

tumblr_nexw0xcD8V1tdkro1o1_500.gif

r4DT76q.png

Last edited:
some people always find something to complain...now its too early for AOU Figures. I mean the figures wont be released until end of the year so i dont see a problem. i am happy to see something from the movie.

Hot Toys couldn't get the color of the RoboCop armor right...the ENTIRE suit of armor...and people are complaining that a few panels on this figure are incorrectly colored? Sigh. :slap

The Mk43 isn't my cup of tea but I do think it's great that HT can start offering these several months before the movie's release. If I had to choose between the 42 and the 43, I'd definitely pick the 43.

Can't wait to see AoU Thor up next, that one should be a re-paint as well, hopefully with a cool base like what they threw in with the Mk43.

I just wanna see Thor, Vision, Cap, Clint, Ultron, Wanda, and Vision the most! Earlier reveals and pre orders the better! We all knew that this would essentially be a repainting anyways. XD though I do admit the detachable Ultron is really ****ing cool.

I think what's great about these figures not coming out for another year or so though is so that once set pics of future films come out, you can just decide to skip these figures for those newer ones coming out. Ala people passing on Avengers Thor since set pics of TDW Thor came out. And from what I see, many people were happy with that decision. I'm waiting for Civil War pictures so see what we have in store.

I'm definitely going to be getting Ultron since this is probably the only film we're going to see him in ever, or for a very long time at least. I'm sure Thanos is going to look fantastic but I'm going to skip him because we know that he's gonna get he Infinity Gauntlet in a few years . Unless this version comes with his throne or something.

So glad I passed on MK42.

Is that how this thing works?..is really about the shiny new toy in the shelf with some of you guys lol

Personally the mk42 is pretty awesome for one, no need to regret it, secondly this ain't hitting shelves for about 18 months from now...I think by then you would have made room for an upgrade...why would people dump the 42 and wait almost two years for the replacement?

It's not inaccurate. The Mark 42 in that section of the trailer is an actual prop suit. They're usually used in shots like that for either the trailer alone or to get an idea of the lighting for those doing the CGI. Because of that the prop isn't 100% accurate in terms of the paint app or the little details that will be on it in the end. You can see here that the shoulders are indeed correct on the figure.

r4DT76q.png
I see, good call :duff

Is that how this thing works?..is really about the shiny new toy in the shelf with some of you guys lol

Personally the mk42 is pretty awesome for one, no need to regret it, secondly this ain't hitting shelves for about 18 months from now...I think by then you would have made room for an upgrade...why would people dump the 42 and wait almost two years for the replacement?

Yes, I love my Mk42...and love the posability it has, its almost a weekly thing to take it out of my Detolf to repose it...

Oh dear. I've heard the Mark 42 is the best iron man to have but I didn't like the colours. Love this color scheme plus the unique base.
Was only going to stick with 3 ironman, but heck.

Is this anything other than a rehash of the previous release? We get a base at least . . .

Here's my fear! Soooo I buy this suit, then HT decides to put the same suit in a package with Hulkbuster. What does a guy do? :panic:

That suit won't be bundled with Hulkbuster. HB's going to be expensive enough, as it is. Mark XLIII w/that suit will be a head and shoulders sculpt only. Just like Stane/Iron Monger.

:lecture

r4DT76q.png

:lecture Hear this guy

I doubt they would bundle the 43 and Hulkbuster, the price for both will be close to or over $1000.00. I agree with Navy1991 it will probably been like the Iron Monger.

I'm sooooo pissed off! Tony Stark* is SO greedy. To repaint his Mark 42 design and call it the Mark 43? And...and then he has the AUDACITY to actually fly around in it, making it a valid armor?!? That genius, playboy, philanthropist, BASTARD! Hasn't he realized the whiny ***** STORM that he's brought upon Hot Toys because of his making-fans-happy-because-they-didn't-like-the-color-of-the-Mark 42-when-it-first-came-out selfishness?!?

*Disclaimer: I know Tony Stark isn't a real person....he's a real GREEDY person.
....bastard tony stark :mad:

Back