1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's depressing to see how cheap prices used to be. I can't imagine buying an ironman armor for $169 Nowadays. Hell, even rocket costs as much as some of those IM armory from 2009. 2013 is when HT said fu and started charging much more haha.

I know, right? I remember buying First Avenger Cap for $160 shipped.

I blame the likes of Midas, secret project and now python lol. Those shot this into unreal pricng territory....and yet we still buy it haha

I'd so buy more of these at $170.

The figure that set the ball rolling was actually the Avengers Mark VI promo. That was like 210 bucks, sold out in 4 hours and caused a chain reaction on all the other suits. I think it made people alert of the iron man runs and perceived them to be much lower than anyone expected.

The rest is expensive history. Add the Avengers BD MarkVII also on that list.

I really wish they they would have fixed the space between the shoulders when articulated and I also still think the legs and the whole body looks to skinny . I'll probably still preorder this but I still think I like the mark 3 ,4,6 & 7 better then this suit . I wish the legs had the leg opening for the flares like the mark 7 did . It would bulk the figure up .

The figure that set the ball rolling was actually the Avengers Mark VI promo. That was like 210 bucks, sold out in 4 hours and caused a chain reaction on all the other suits. I think it made people alert of the iron man runs and perceived them to be much lower than anyone expected.

Yeah you're right. That probably really was the one that set forth the escalation.

I've been looking around online and have seen this HT Mark 43 everywhere. I'm guessing it will sell out quickly if it's like the MK vi.

I fund all my figure purchases via sales of other items I already have. It keeps me from burying myself in toy debt and leaves space open in my displays. Pythons jump in value was why I was thinking of it.

If you sell items to buy new items what is the purpose of buying them in the first place?????

Avoid like the plague. You would be better off going to 7-11 and buying a styrofoam cooler and cutting it up than using those POS's.:lol

You might have a change of heart once you see the workshop/wine cellar I plan to have built by the end of next year.

If you sell items to buy new items what is the purpose of buying them in the first place?????

You might have a change of heart once you see the workshop/wine cellar I plan to have built by the end of next year.

He buys them and then sells them when their value rises. The profits help fund future purchases.

I gotta admit, there is something tempting about having ONE Iron Man... but if I was to get one, it has to be a significant primary suit (really, who can afford all the miscellaneous suits of IM3), and preferably one that looks good.

I'd be thinking either III or VI or XLII would be good to have.... I guess XLIII will be the next significant suit, and I kinda prefer the look to XLII...

I gotta admit, there is something tempting about having ONE Iron Man... but if I was to get one, it has to be a significant primary suit (really, who can afford all the miscellaneous suits of IM3), and preferably one that looks good.

I'd be thinking either III or VI or XLII would be good to have.... I guess XLIII will be the next significant suit, and I kinda prefer the look to XLII...
Yep, this was my idea. I've got Mark III on preorder and if they ever come out with Mark IV diecast, I'd either sell III or rotate them. Mark XLIII is tempting (as you say, it seems like the next significant suit after VII), especially in this package, but I'm going to hold off. Will grab Ultron Mark I, though, once a full version is released.

(really, who can afford all the miscellaneous suits of IM3)

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
hokietwo
Boba Debt
bransen2099
Me

My personal favorite suits are the Silver Centurion, Mk VII, Heartbreaker, and now Mk 43. If I could only have one, it'd be the Mk VII, III diecast, or Mk 43, depending on how the 43 is represented in AoU. VI is great in terms of design, but a tiny bit dated as a figure compared to the releases from VII on.

Last edited:
Y4NK33 PL4N3T
hokietwo
Boba Debt
Me

My personal favorite suits are the Silver Centurion, Mk VII, Heartbreaker, and now Mk 43. If I could only have one, it'd be the Mk VII, III diecast, or Mk 43, depending on how the 43 is represented in AoU. VI is great in terms of design, but a tiny bit dated as a figure compared to the releases from VII on.

I am depressed I'm not on this list ;)
3a1b75ca27e167478c14aae2d6de8ff2.jpg

Just realized I need to take a new better pic of all of them... Added HB and Peacemaker,

Personally Silver centurion grew on me and catches my eyes the most but 42 and Heartbreaker are up there on the fav list

I picked that one up and it was only $189 from SS. The funny thing is i was only looking for a good stark HS and the cheapest i could find one was a $100, so i thought $189 for a complete figure was not a bad deal. I did not think about it being exclusive at all :lol

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
hokietwo
Boba Debt
Me

I suppose a better comment would have been... who is dedicated enough to buy all them? lol... I'm not knocking anybody who does btw.. kudos for being able to keep up with them and having the conviction to buy them.

Yep, this was my idea. I've got Mark III on preorder and if they ever come out with Mark IV diecast, I'd either sell III or rotate them. Mark XLIII is tempting (as you say, it seems like the next significant suit after VII), especially in this package, but I'm going to hold off. Will grab Ultron Mark I, though, once a full version is released.

MkIII pre-order is tempting. Another factor that can influence my future purchases for reasons I haven't figured out, Sideshow will ship some figures to my country, but not others... and the mark-up on Sideshow and Hot Toy stuff from the online store I use the most in my country is quite a bit...

Well the Lego sets just confirmed that there is a Mark 45 in the movie. Mark 44 might be Hulkbuster.

10846458_10203107486669905_3188083396610280299_n.jpg

Back