1/6 Hot Toys - MMS273 - Iron Man 2: Tony Stark w/ Arc Reactor Creation Accessories

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: 1/6th Tony Stark w/ Arc Reactor Creation Accessories

HT is really setting the bar high with this. Even for themselves. Argh! I'm so pumped! Been waiting for this forever! Now give me Loki from the first Thor movie damn it!

Omg. My quintessential Tony Stark is finally here. My Avengers team require everyone having their best headsculpt. DOFP Wolvie, TDW Thor, this head on HB, waiting for a good Cap, and Hulk HS.

:O you don't like TWS Civi Steve sculpt?

I have not bought any casual Friday figures yet, just seems odd with super heroes, but I've been swayed by this guy. Head sculpt looks great, and sculpting a real life likeness is about the hardest thing to do in sculpture, and I like the accessories with this one more then the others. That's just my opinion, obviously. The previous Starks where great too. Just not something I really needed or even wanted.

But this thing is great. And I love the shield proto/cut away. For a couple reasons. But that's my own thing. It looks fantastic though.

So, I'm in.

My main issue with this figure and the IM 3 TS is the body has a short torso... makes him look oddly proportioned

My main issue with this figure and the IM 3 TS is the body has a short torso... makes him look oddly proportioned

Guess I never noticed. Hard to tell when not in hand. Well if that's the case I can always swap the head to a new body. I'll have to take a closer look though. Unless it's a muscle body I usually don't pay attention to it.

Edit-good call on the odd proportion look. Usually your waist and your wrist are at the same level. Usually. Obviously not all the time. The clothing isn't helping. A longer shirt would make the torso appear longer. RDJ is a bit short so maybe that's why they went with a cut down torso. Not sure. But for me it's not a big deal. The head sculpt is what I'm after anyway. If he's sitting down can't tell. But good call!

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS273 - Iron Man 2: tony Stark w/ Arc Reactor Creation Accessorie

Awesome sculpt. First thing I looked for was the sledgehammer :-(

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS273 - Iron Man 2: tony Stark w/ Arc Reactor Creation Accessorie

Wrong movie

no.... he uses a sledgehammer in IM2, its the first thing he does in that sequence

I am also disappointed there is no wrench, or accelerator(obviously not the whole thing but they could have included 2 or 3 segments)

They are really making good use of that table...

Still ordering, mostly for the cool accessories like the Easter egg shield.

I know right! wonder if it still has the hole for Jokers pencil trick ? :rotfl

which is also dumb because that is supposed to be the interrogation table... completely different scene

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man 2 Tony Stark with Arc Reactor Creation Accessories Collectible

that is crazy how good the likeness is on this one. Wow. Give that person a raise who nailed this one. Amazing. But where is the big wrench?

I'll be ordering this for sure. And an extra head sculpt to replace the blasphemy Indian Looking Mark VII headsculpt they gave us.

Yes he does need the wrench and sledgehammer.

I just noticed this Tony body has the Techno crossword/Palladium poisoning on his chest. Nice little detail

The head sculpt looks great, the best so far, although the eyes have a slight resemblance to the IV sculpt. I hope this is the sculpt that comes with the Mk III.

Back