1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have an issue where the stand won't screw into the base? Driving me insane

Had the same issue, the screw is too short to reach the nut at the base, I eventually got a replacement pile but it took about 3 weeks and some back and forth with SSC, what I eneded up doing was taking the base apart, with a large drill bit I made the base hole bigger so that the poles screw end can reach the base nut and that fixed the issue and it looks fine, now I have an extra dynamic pole, hoping I can land a plane base for it to use it with some other figure...hope that helps

The film had great moments, but was pretty terrible overall. That being said, the look is classic and the figure is just a lot of fun.

I'm actually considering buying a second and I never buy doubles (outside of army builders).

Worst case scenario, you re-sell it at or slightly below retail.
be6f019cac3d00fdd8414fec71254c34.jpg

Yea i agree you can not like the movie all you want but spiderman is spiderman and this costume represents him perfectly. IT has the classic and modern tone you can esily pretend its not from the movie. He looks like the ultimate costume come to life imo.

I must admit I regret cancelling this fig. I was worried over the prototype, and just didn't want that fig. Then HT puts out this gorgeous one, and I feel stupid. Hopefully if money permits, I will be able to pick this guy next year. But with AOU stuff coming, that will be tough. Congrats to all who got him.

i dont think there is much to do about it bro...congrats on the pick up!

anyways, got bored and decided to pose my guy a bit, my question is, is this too much of a dynamic pose or can i be worry free and leave him like this for some time??

15530710504_045f31724f_k.jpg

I just got my replacement Spidey from Sideshow.

:wink1:

Seriously though, the first one had those black stains on the head and a large gap between the head and neck.

This one doesn't have those problems but the stitching on the left arm seam is fugly. I'm sure it wasn't like that on my first one. Does everyone have that bad stitching on the left arm?

Not sure i want to put Sideshow through the trouble of sending me another one, especially if they are all like that. Shame QC is so bad on this figure as it's otherwise a great one.

:wink1:

Seriously though, the first one had those black stains on the head and a large gap between the head and neck.

This one doesn't have those problems but the stitching on the left arm seam is fugly. I'm sure it wasn't like that on my first one. Does everyone have that bad stitching on the left arm?

Not sure i want to put Sideshow through the trouble of sending me another one, especially if they are all like that. Shame QC is so bad on this figure as it's otherwise a great one.

Perfect spidey.

anyways, got bored and decided to pose my guy a bit, my question is, is this too much of a dynamic pose or can i be worry free and leave him like this for some time??

I love it! :clap

sammysosaitssoreal.jpg

I remember the spidey with magnets on his hands and feet that you could stick on surfaces like the fridge, fences, cars. Good times.

Where'd you get the ant man?

He came with the Avengers Infinite 3 3/4" Ant Man. There was also another one that came with the Marvel Universe Classic Avengers pack.

When the time comes I'm intrested to see if Hot Toys will do something similar with their movie Ant Man.

skizzoid,
Glad you liked the pic!:)

The only concern would be the dynamic stand clamp could effect the suit with wear, its a gamble on these figure's.

I'm pretty sure that was my first Spidey...circa 1976? Came with some kinda Spidey-mobile with web-action.

Had a Batman too. Shortly thereafter Star Wars hit theatres and blew my very young mind.

(Ancient Nerd here.)

Just checked and it is stamped 1976. Good memory! It was given to me by my cousin over 20 years ago. Still kept it despite the tears and Hot Toys upgrades!

Just checked and it is stamped 1976. Good memory! It was given to me by my cousin over 20 years ago. Still kept it despite the tears and Hot Toys upgrades!

Wow...I would've been about three years old. My earliest memories go back to two. But good luck trying to get me to remember last week. :dunno

So do all ASM2 figures have that bad stitching on the left arm?

I think it varies. Don't have mine in front of me, but I remember checking it out of the box and saw nothing noticeable.

From what I remember reading in this thread, the suit is all machine stitched up except for that spot and that is where they insert the body. It's probably hand stitched up which can be sloppy depending on who did it compared to the more uniform machine stitching. :dunno

I think it varies. Don't have mine in front of me, but I remember checking it out of the box and saw nothing noticeable.

From what I remember reading in this thread, the suit is all machine stitched up except for that spot and that is where they insert the body. It's probably hand stitched up which can be sloppy depending on who did it compared to the more uniform machine stitching. :dunno

I agree with ZE and OutLander. I've seen some window displays at local stores, as well as one unit I saw being unboxed at another store, and the stitch on the left sleeve varied from okay (since it's never as perfect as the machine-sewn parts of the suit) to bad.

I'm fine with mine :) Wasn't happy with the stitch on the forehead though as it seemed it's not tightly closed, store gave me a replacement which looks better and has webbings on the neck more aligned with the webbings on the body's collar. Here's a picture where the left sleeve can clearly be seen (I'm yet to take pictures with the new head).

PC180731_zps654fa26b.jpg

Ah that would make sense, thanks.

Back