1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2b98c7ee6c926f0a7bbed9e527c6d23e.jpg
them spideys doe [emoji16]

Yep, unacceptable. I hope it works out for you!

Thanks YankeesFanboy,

I just got an email from them, but I haven't received an email back yet...

Can someone please post some pics of the figure's armpit area, so I can compare and email them some prove that it looks like sh***!

Guess what, they didn't want to replace the figure. Even though i told them that I wanted the figure.
They said:
Thank you for your email, we are sorry for any disappointment this may have caused you. Regarding the credit offer, please know all credits are offered on a case by case basis, and are based on a percentage of the cost of the item as well as the degree of damage to the piece. As a courtesy, I can increase the credit to $30.00 credit toward a future order, however this would be the maximum amount we will be able to offer.

Again, we do not want you to keep an item if you are unhappy with it. If the above option is not satisfactory, you may decide to return your damaged item for a full refund.

Please confirm how you would like to proceed by 12/23/14. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

They sent me the same response, and mine had the same issues. I just returned the figure for a refund. Then I cancelled my pre-orders that didn't have a NRD. This is the second time I've had this happen. The worst part is, they'll repackage it and send it out to some poor schmuck. I know because the Man of Steel I got during Spooktacular was an obvious return. I think this why we're seeing such a high inventory and deep discounts.

They sent me the same response, and mine had the same issues. I just returned the figure for a refund. Then I cancelled my pre-orders that didn't have a NRD. This is the second time I've had this happen. The worst part is, they'll repackage it and send it out to some poor schmuck. I know because the Man of Steel I got during Spooktacular was an obvious return. I think this why we're seeing such a high inventory and deep discounts.

Sorry to hear that. We are getting tricked by them

I just received mine from AE today. Opened up the box to see how he looked and he looks A LOT better in person than I expected. But I didn't move any joints or anything. Simply just picked him up with all the foam and such still on him, gave a look and feel and put him back in the box. Reason being, I don't know if I'll exactly what to display him in my MCU set up. If Sony decides to keep the franchise, I'll display him but with all the talk of Marvel Studios getting him back, there's a chance I might just sell this dude and wait for the MS version. ****ing hated the movie to death but my god, such a perfect rendition of the Ultimate universe costume. Great looking figure though I must say.

Display him guy66657. It's an absolutely great figure. I'll keep mine even if MCU brings him home. Besides, we can always buy another one later.:hi5:

Finally got my Spidey last night and I never felt this excited to unbox a figure lately. Took a couple of quick shots, will try to play with more dynamic poses next when time permits. I'm so glad I POd this. Love the improvements on the materials (including the rubberized printing on the blue part of the suit) as well as body proportions compared to TASM 1. I'm also digging the new digit-swap system for the hands, though the fit could be improved.

Definitely the Spidey figure to have for every fan.

10252036_10152538716296592_4630024339835459192_n.jpg

10418446_10152538716306592_1327890357094531231_n.jpg

Wow! That BD Spidey looks sick! How'd you do it?

Thanks buddy! I used acrylic paint for all the dirt, mostly blacks and browns, dry-brushed some silver on the rim of the eyes :) I faked the Lizard's rips on the costumes. Instead of cutting the suit, I mixed black acrylic paint with a clear epoxy and shaped it to look like cuts/rips, painted on its inside once dry to show some "skin" :)

Here's the photo collage I posted on TASM1's thread months ago:

BDTASM_zps47bb0040.jpg

Back