1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[...] [snip link to 4 point crouch photo]

I still haven't been able to get him in this type of pose.

I don't know about the rest of the body, but from what I can tell in shots I've seen of that pose from other angles, the feet are not flat on the ground or even using the toe articulation, just sort of up on their toes and balancing the rest.

I haven't got one yet (may pick one up tomorrow) but I'll be slowly working those joints in to approximate a crouch or a leap of some kind.

Well, there is a little chance yes.. but I also built model planes on a little scale, so I am used to adjust very small things.

It is more of an end of the wire that comes a little apart on the end.. don't know how to explain it in English.. but I think it is harmless to cut a little bit away

Goodluck then, buddy. Maybe I was just speaking from experience. I have serious OCD on little things that shouldn't be there no matter how unnoticeable they actually are, and almost always I end up making them worse. So now I try my best to keep that OCD away, and each time it feels like Banner trying to keep the Green Monster within :lol

I can't even get his arms in front or back of him hehe... maybe you guys have tips or tricks for me? Again this is my first hot toy and I don't want to break anything...

Hold the shoulder with your fingers and slowly move the arms forward and backwards. Hot Toys can be stiff at first but as long as you hold the shoulder while slowly working in the arms they should loosen up without damage.

Interesting. Is it an improvement from the first Spidey then? My costume on that first fig is getting a little ratty, and I don't even pose it much. :/ It was kind of what stopped me from getting this fig. That and the QC issues that were being reported...

I also have a Garfield sculpt.. anybody got tips on how to remove the head? It is very stuck on it

Wonder when sideshow will send out orders again I really want this for xmas.

People say you can...I'm not even attempting it. In fact, sidedhow sent me another whole figure instead of just the head

How can you tell that they send you another figure, maybe they switched the head and send it back to you

Have to avoid posing this figure for too long in any pose stretching the fabric...

Put him back into standing position and have found the boots/legs have stretched beyond their original shape. Looks really ugly, like ill fitting cosplay. :(

Managed to futz it back into some decent position, picture below, but still not ideal.

Anyone else had this issue after posing for some time??

Attachments

• IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 611
Everyone will get this issue if pose the figure in a very dynamic pose. YOu may fix it a little with moving the spandex up and down. But you cannot totally fix it.

By the way it's a poseable figure. If I cannot pose it because of such issue why I bought it. Do not become obsessed with it.

Here's my posing:

I'm living the same issue with left knee. But hey, it looks really good to me in this pose :D

Last edited:
Nobody??...

Oh for crying out loud! :slap :wink1:

All you have to do is rock the masked head side to side while lifting the top of the head. FYI I already loosened the head in these pics

It's not glued, it's just caved in with the stitching to the shoulders. Now some might be tightly stitched as others but If you apply just enough pressure you should be able to jar it loose .

* don't worry if the head detaches from the inside neck post inside the mask,

You just have to snap it back in place ( the head to the neck collar joint inside the mask ) :lecture

Just insert the Garfield head the same way and your done! Simple as that! :wave

As with anything always proceed with caution. Go slow and steady at first until you discover what method of grasping the head works for you. It is easy, but never do I suggest using extreme force at first. It may seem severely snugged in the chest at first, but again with the right pressure you will eventually loosen the grip or hold the mask has on the shoulders. :lecture

Last edited:
Oh for crying out loud! :slap :wink1:

All you have to do is rock the masked head side to side while lifting the top of the head. FYI I already loosened the head in these pics

It's not glued, it's just caved in with the stitching to the shoulders. Now some might be tightly stitched as others but If you apply just enough pressure you should be able to jar it loose .

* don't worry if the head detaches from the inside neck post inside the mask,

You just have to snap it back in place ( the head to the neck collar joint inside the mask ) :lecture

Just insert the Garfield head the same way and your done! Simple as that! :wave

As with anything always proceed with caution. Go slow and steady at first until you discover what method of grasping the head works for you. It is easy, but never do I suggest using extreme force at first. It may seem severely snugged in the chest at first, but again with the right pressure you will eventually loosen the grip or hold the mask has on the shoulders. :lecture
Thnx! I will try then! But didn't you mean to rock and pull the neck instead of the head itself? Because when I pull the head and the joint gets loose, then I risk tearing the fabric, yes?

Thnx! I will try then! But didn't you mean to rock and pull the neck instead of the head itself? Because when I pull the head and the joint gets loose, then I risk tearing the fabric, yes?

Either way, the best way is too look at how my fingers are grasping the neck, that's the best example. Now remember go slow and steady. If you put the pressure in the right spot you can feel it loosen.

There is no need to rush it. Feel the release of pressure through your fingers. You will know if you are pulling or rocking too hard on the neck or not enough

BTW.. It helps to grasp or hold the body with your other hand just in case while removing the head:lecture

Back