1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hope someone cancels so my WL converts because i think he looks really great. Avengers Loki is overall better because of the outfit and helmet. But HS looks really good now. If your not seeing it, your loss, and maybe my gain :lol

Last edited:
HS looks better, not perfect but better. Still can't tell if they really changed/tweaked it since that new photo looks pretty horrible in terms of gauging what the actual figure looks like now.

And……….CANCELED! Come on Toy Anxiety, sell me an Aether because it looks dope and its the whole reason that I wanted this, and since I feel this figure is subpar, it looks like I am adding more money to my "Winter Soldier Habit".

Better than the proto but something is off still. Think it's the eyes.

10393674_740799145958416_7728379967383674420_n.jpg

Looks less like an egg-head, but yeah it's still definitely not perfect. Still not a problem for me, since I can potentially just swap it with the Avengers head and arm him with the shorter version of his staff/spear for a "de-powered" look.

At least they made the face narrower. The proportion is a little off now, which makes the forehead looks really long. But man, the eyes! They just looks really *off* to me. It's like they have absolutely no 'life' in them, kind of like those really creepy doll eyes that isn't quite 'right'. I'll still keep my PO, because it's Loki, but I'll probably just keep him in the box. It's that, or risk traumatizing myself and try to switch out the head with a custom one from ebay.

I think it looks really good. I don't get all the negativity around here sometimes man.

It's not perfect, but acceptable for me. I like the outfit. But well, I keep my pre-order.

I think it looks really good. I don't get all the negativity around here sometimes man.

I think the issue is that the Avengers Loki is great, and this one is a downgrade in every way. The new version has less accessories, the head sculpt goes from pretty good to downright bad depending on the angle (at least from OMG's photos), and it cost more than when the Avengers Loki when it was first released.

To make the comparison even more glaring, the new Thor is an improvement from the Avengers version and looks awesome. It's almost as if Hot Toys figure people will buy Loki anyway (and I guess they aren't completely wrong, myself being the case in point), and they don't have to put in an effort to give us a figure that is as least as good as the first one...

Shoot, when you use that actual photo of Tom Hiddleston as Loki, the Avengers sculpt doesn't look that good either. You can find flaws with anything, really. I like the new sculpt, I really do. I actually think the new head sculpt looks better in that set of photos, and I already have the Avengers figure. Obviously, we'll have to wait until we have it in hand to see what it looks like in person, but I think it's much improved over the proto.

Back