1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason, I find the head sculpt look more ok in Elljay's photo. Don't know is it just me

10562976_10152190551377344_5290982585280104111_n.jpg
10351657_10152190551397344_8942456533795350006_n.jpg

This looks like a soft recast of the Avengers head mixed in with the original proto, which gives that weird effect of being in the middle. Admittedly while the details are soft on this one, I actually think it's a huge improvement over the egg-head prototype so that's a huge plus for me. So I'm definitely in the camp of being happy that I ordered this.

EDIT - Just thought this as well, and yeah, elljay's photos looks MUCH better than OMG's (not to discredit the guy or anything) and Hiddleston's likeness is actually more readily apparent in them.

That is actually not half bad. Somehow I feel I want the suit to fit tighter to his body. But I still want to get a helmet. Gah.

That is actually not half bad. Somehow I feel I want the suit to fit tighter to his body. But I still want to get a helmet. Gah.

To be fair, that was one of the problems I always had with the Avengers version (much as people loved the heck out of it). If there's one thing I'd say that was a major improvement though, it's that a tailoring and some of details on this outfit looks much better than it did on the Avengers version, especially those golden divots that line up the edges of Loki's coat/tunic.

To be fair, that was one of the problems I always had with the Avengers version (much as people loved the heck out of it). If there's one thing I'd say that was a major improvement though, it's that a tailoring and some of details on this outfit looks much better than it did on the Avengers version, especially those golden divots that line up the edges of Loki's coat/tunic.
Yeah. The details are much more prominent in this version. If I'm able to get a helmet for cheap, I just might get this guy instead. The tailoring can be worked and futzed around I guess.

For some reason, I find the head sculpt look more ok in Elljay's photo. Don't know is it just me
View attachment 120933

That's actually pretty good... needs more of a smirking expression but they definitely improved it. Either they used their own judgement or listened to the fans wanting a revise, so I'm happy I preordered it. Not as good as the Avengers version of course, but it's also not $600 :lol

He will look good next to my light armor Thor once both come in.

This sculpt doesn't work for me...it looks like he's a bit too pudgy in the face and the mouth area also seems off.

On my shelf, Maleficent will be my Loki. In the Norse myths Loki was a shape changer and often appeared as a female. I think Maleficent will make an awesome Loki. She has the rams horns helmet and a staff with a raven on top. Perfect Loki, and my superhero shelf could use a female villain.

Back