1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: Celtic Predator Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

man Wednesday can't get here soon enough!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Amazing pics! Was it difficult to remove the left thigh armor? I'm thinking of doing that to make mine more movie accurate as well.

Share some photos with you guys.
This Celtic is very nice and cool! Love it.

Battle damage Celtic before his dead.

No chest armor and left tight armor.

His mask is very nice, but shame the visors are black color.

Hot Toys i want the Chopper Predator to complete the AVP trio!

No Chopper at the moment, so I had used Machiko to replace temporary...haha.

I love how everyone has these awesome figures and starts to tear them apart.It looks good right out of the box but due to the little things that are not movie perfect makes them awful to some.
I buy these guys for the clan appeal, they look amazing all together.Just ranting , i am getting him in a couple of days and i wont be destroying him fo show

Amazing pics! Was it difficult to remove the left thigh armor? I'm thinking of doing that to make mine more movie accurate as well.

:slap No these are a standard and unique feature of Celtic's chest armour. Hot toys made it detachable (check their site)!
So you can display it with half the chest armour off on right side.

None of us are doing any mods to it!

the thigh armor is removable without mods? Just picked mine up from Toys2 haven't opened it yet.

:slap No these are a standard and unique feature of Celtic's chest armour. Hot toys made it detachable (check their site)!

I was asking about the left thigh armor (on his leg). I know you can remove his chest armor already.

That's cool if you can do it without any mods. If so I'll be doing that to mine.

I was asking about the left thigh armor (on his leg). I know you can remove his chest armor already.

The thigh armour is part of the skirt armour and is fixed. You'll have to pry it off.
I like the thigh armour so I won't be removing it as the skirts are really short and in some extreme poses it reveals the hip joint.

One thing that has recently been bugging me is that with the new release of MOS Superman is that he is that he's the same height as the Preds now. And You'll have to display the Preds far away from him otherwise all the Preds end up looking small.

I wonder what that tells us for the future of HT Preds......?

If that's a one off then fine but if its the new norm then all the Preds height would have to be increased too as they are around the 7-8 ft range (including Superpreds that is).

I do have one thing in mind to make Celtic stand out a bit more different (but not being responsible for any damage) is that if the shin armours are removed very very carefully (due to the netting probably glued to and ending at the knees) is that if you use some longer pegs, you'd be able to give him a slight height difference and make him 1/2 inch or so taller. But I wonder how that would work out with the shin armour.

I stand corrected once again, that's very cool. But because I don't have the scar this does not really a different for my stand alone guy. But very cool

One thing that has recently been bugging me is that with the new release of MOS Superman is that he is that he's the same height as the Preds now. And You'll have to display the Preds far away from him otherwise all the Preds end up looking small.

If that's a one off then fine but if its the new norm then all the Preds height would have to be increased too as they are around the 7-8 ft range (including Superpreds that is).

I do have one thing in mind to make Celtic stand out a bit more different (but not being responsible for any damage) is that if the shin armours are removed very very carefully (due to the netting probably glued to and ending at the knees) is that if you use some longer pegs, you'd be able to give him a slight height difference and make him 1/2 inch or so taller. But I wonder how that would work out with the shin armour.

Doesnt that make superman to tall?I thought there 13 - 14 in predators making them 7+ feet in size.How tall was the superman actor?If he was 6ft he should be a solid 12", thats what i thought.The city hunter and old elder are around 14" ,but the p1 next to him would look shrimp y.

Thursday UPS :clap:hi5::clap

As Banshee had said, You'll have to pry it off.

I love that sig, it always catches my eye, i have most of them but to see them together is a good look

I love that sig, it always catches my eye, i have most of them but to see them together is a good look

Thanks.
Will take another update group shoot after the new P2 Elder had released.

Thanks.
Will take another update group shoot after the new P2 Elder had released.

I hate to be a broken record but they need a kick *** dio.I like the backdrop , though

Awesome pics everyone, really excited for him. I just hope alterego isn't too far behind in their shipment.

Awesome pics everyone, really excited for him. I just hope alterego isn't too far behind in their shipment.

that's what I am saying Chozo, I figure AE should receive their shipment by this Wednesday and then ship out to us so I am thinking by Wednesday of next week we'll have ours. I still haven't got a notice from them of charging me, so since they don't charge till they get it we can count on about 5 days from then to have it at our door step.

I'm pretty sure MOS line is a one-off, but I'll be curious to see if I'm wrong on that going forward. I am not collecting MOS for various reasons, but I do admit the added height was a concern of mine because I don't really have much display space and I would have no choice but to put him with other HT figs--he'd look out of place if he was the same height as Preds and taller than other figures.

As for Celtic, I ordered him from Amiami because their price was the cheapest I could find of any retailer. I see that Toy Sapiens (the official HT-run store in Japan) has it in stock now, but not sure when Amiami gets theirs. With CNY less than a week away, I dunno when my preorder will be fulfilled.

Im so happy to have this guy in collection soon Scar just dosent fit in with the other Preds I have alone... This plus Elder P2 = A DREAM COME TRUE FOR SOME WHO HE'D NEVER SEE THESE AT FAIR PRICES!!!

just bought this guy for $230! Way better than $260 that Sideshow's asking for. Now all I have to do is wait for it to get here.

Back