1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man this figure is amazing! I got it yesterday and opened it up after work. Some of those moveable panels around his legs are very fragile. I already popped one of them off!

Anyways. I need to call SS today because my IP came with two articulated left hands! Want to get this issue resolved quickly.

I have the Diecast War Machine. Is IP any different from WM other than paint apps?

Huge difference. There is first of all, the awesome battle damage scuff marks, which adds alot of realism to the figure. Secondly the paint app is reflective and more real looking than the flat matte look. Its glossy which resembles how it really looked in the film. Other than that, other pieces are just plain blue plastic I believe. Overall its stunning and you never think of it until you get this one in hand.

Huge difference. There is first of all, the awesome battle damage scuff marks, which adds alot of realism to the figure. Secondly the paint app is reflective and more real looking than the flat matte look. Its glossy which resembles how it really looked in the film. Other than that, other pieces are just plain blue plastic I believe. Overall its stunning and you never think of it until you get this one in hand.

yep you are right regarding IP ������

Received it last week and I'm very impressed with this figure!

IMG_1273_zps4dde3d8b.jpg

IMG_1269_zpsd2d0817a.jpg

IMG_1255_zpsfc590878.jpg

Guys, quick question. Tried reading as much of this forum as possible before asking. I got my patriot yesterday. Is his paint supposed to have dings and nicks here n there? Mine has several as if it's intentional or battle damaged a tiny bit. Is this ht figure like that by design or is the design paint job intended to not have marks n dings?

Just take a quick look at the post above yours, his pics shows that he comes with little scratches. If anything out huge stands out then you would have to be concerned.

Makes sense. There are many on this thread who claim the paint is flawless and perfect, so I was just wondering and self-contemplating what the adjectives flawless and perfect means here. JUST in case I got a bad one so I can exchange it during sideshows 30 day return policy. For example, War machine DieCast is a good example of a flawless paint job because that's intentional by design and is designed to have zero nicks so I was just asking if anyone knows for a fact that the IP design intentionally has nicks and scratches or do those of us that do simply have a chipped batch.

In all my years in collecting Iron Man, all of them have some form of scratch or ding from not so much the process of painting it, but probably assembling it in China. They get careless and damage the paint job. On my Iron Patriot, there are intentional damage effect detonated by silver paint. The surface should still be smooth. However, if its a chip or real damage, it will feel bumpy and coarse and textured. Not smooth. Even when I say mine is perfect, there are probably still scuffs, and dents here and there, but you just cant look for them, because they do exisist.

On the topic of battle damage paint marks, one thing that bugs me in the films (and by effect, the figures that were made from those films) is that scratches show up as silver. Wasn't the Iron Man armor made of a gold-colored alloy to prevent de-icing? If so, scratches on the red paint should appear as gold.

That's just me nitpicking. :D

On the topic of battle damage paint marks, one thing that bugs me in the films (and by effect, the figures that were made from those films) is that scratches show up as silver. Wasn't the Iron Man armor made of a gold-colored alloy to prevent de-icing? If so, scratches on the red paint should appear as gold.

That's just me nitpicking. :D

I know from experience that the undercoat affects the top layer of paint so my rebuttals is that he paints the gold silver, then a anodized red to give it a candy/hot rod red color but that's just me :lol

Being a holiday four day weekend, I doubt the sales will change. But it's possible. Worst case scenario you buy it at the current discount on Sunday if nothing changes between now and then. It likely isn't going to sell out between now and then.

A great price for this piece, MoS and Chitauri but I don't want anything available during this sale doh......I was hoping for a deal on BRJ v2, eh maybe Xmas.

well I have made it home from deployment, got to see my wife and doggy (showered with hugs and kisses) LOL! Then got to open my Iron Patriot thanks to Sideshow for bestowing such a wonderful gift upon me. I am truly blessed and grateful to have such a piece that not only speaks to my inner geek collector, but to my patriotism. Iron Patriot is on the job!!!

Back