1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finally got a chance to give this guy some time. I still have a little messing around to do but so far I also have zero reports of any problems. My only thing is the battery compartments. Am I the only one having trouble with this? The screwdriver that they include doesn't work easily. I didn't really give it a lot of time trying, but I can see this is a pain and is gonna take some time.

Aside from that I'm really pleased with this. The articulation is outstanding; better than I expected. They really learned from prior armors and thought this one thru. Adding all those little features to squeeze a few more degrees of movement goes a long way. There's a lot more range in the midsection then with prior armors with the extension feature. The leg button is a cool feature but seems to be most necessary for the classic landing-kneeling-floor punch pose or to sit in a chair. I don't think I'd be using it much but I'm glad they added this. The joints are great and holds poses well. And as been said many times over, the colors and finish are awesome and the Rhodey sculpt is bang on.

Die-cast is something that I could take or leave but I have to say I'm more impressed with how this was handled than I thought I'd be. My only other 1/6 die-cast experience is with the Tamashii C3PO. I think that it's a fantastic figure but it's too damn heavy! I feel like it could do some serious damage if it ever took a dive... like bust right thru my floor and land in my kitchen. This on the other hand is the perfect weight. HT achieved a good balance by making the necessary parts metal, and the other parts plastic. Not being 100% metal makes this a nice weight and not overly and unnecessarily heavy.

The only thing that jumps out is that the feet are way bigger than prior armors. I'm assuming that to help bear the weight though.

Sick fig. Happy to own him :rock

Finally got a chance to give this guy some time. I still have a little messing around to do but so far I also have zero reports of any problems. My only thing is the battery compartments. Am I the only one having trouble with this? The screwdriver that they include doesn't work easily. I didn't really give it a lot of time trying, but I can see this is a pain and is gonna take some time.

Aside from that I'm really pleased with this. The articulation is outstanding; better than I expected. They really learned from prior armors and thought this one thru. Adding all those little features to squeeze a few more degrees of movement goes a long way. There's a lot more range in the midsection then with prior armors with the extension feature. The leg button is a cool feature but seems to be most necessary for the classic landing-kneeling-floor punch pose or to sit in a chair. I don't think I'd be using it much but I'm glad they added this. The joints are great and holds poses well. And as been said many times over, the colors and finish are awesome and the Rhodey sculpt is bang on.

Die-cast is something that I could take or leave but I have to say I'm more impressed with how this was handled than I thought I'd be. My only other 1/6 die-cast experience is with the Tamashii C3PO. I think that it's a fantastic figure but it's too damn heavy! I feel like it could do some serious damage if it ever took a dive... like bust right thru my floor and land in my kitchen. This on the other hand is the perfect weight. HT achieved a good balance by making the necessary parts metal, and the other parts plastic. Not being 100% metal makes this a nice weight and not overly and unnecessarily heavy.

The only thing that jumps out is that the feet are way bigger than prior armors. I'm assuming that to help bear the weight though.

Sick fig. Happy to own him :rock

:clap:clap:clap :hi5:

I got mine but I have a weird feeling someone had this one already. There were Kodak batteries in the stand. I may be wrong but I don't remember WM2.0 having batteries in the stand. The figure looks totally fine, haven't put the batteries in the fig yet, looks like those were untouched. Was there a plastic strip around the box to hold it together like WM2.0? Cuz this one didn't have it.

Yeah.. Very fishy. The base should not come with batteries and yes it should have the plastic strip around the box. Where did you get it from?

If you have put the figure through it's paces and it seems fine then it may not be a big deal. Personally I'd probably still contact Sideshow to see if they can provide a credit or something for you receiving a used figure. Worth a shot.

Yea those were my thoughts as well. The figure seems fine, I had 2 small issues with my WM2.0 that aren't present on this figure. I'm gonna put the batteries in and check the lights. It's not really the fact there's anything wrong with it, it's the idea of getting a "brand new" $310 figure that's been previously owned/opened by someone else, that I don't like. I keep all my boxes as mint as possible while not keeping the figures in box.

That said, I love the figure! He looks great on my shelf with MK1 2.0, MK2 AU, MK7, WM Special Version, WM2.0, and Workshop Tony.

Ive be posted this custom before but he's still my all time favorite piece. Thought it would be appropriate to re-show since the new IP came out. I still favor the souped up Mk 3 paint up.

I've seen your custom before but I'll say it again; awesome repaint and mod :clap

Yea those were my thoughts as well. The figure seems fine, I had 2 small issues with my WM2.0 that aren't present on this figure. I'm gonna put the batteries in and check the lights. It's not really the fact there's anything wrong with it, it's the idea of getting a "brand new" $310 figure that's been previously owned/opened by someone else, that I don't like. I keep all my boxes as mint as possible while not keeping the figures in box.

That said, I love the figure! He looks great on my shelf with MK1 2.0, MK2 AU, MK7, WM Special Version, WM2.0, and Workshop Tony.

All of that does sound funky. I didn't check the stand myself but it sounds like batteries shouldn't be in there. I do know that the plastic wrap should around the box though.

BTW you should propose :wink1:

I havent seen that custom, great job on it! The finish is lovely. Not a knock on your work, but this kinda shows how off the MK III proportions actually were

You should have taken credit :lol

Just kidding, regardless it's a great piece. Have you posted the other customs you have done yourself ali?

Back