1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL no, not IPs. And actually it was two. And then one. We had ordered Catwoman and MoS but the MoS was cancelled because they sold out just before we ordered. So all we got was Catwoman.

And their sale that was supposed to run through 6/30 was canceled today. From their FB page:

Hello Secret Compass fans/collectors,

Due to numerous problems with stock, glitches in the coupon, and at least one attempt to hack our website, we have had to end our recent promotion prematurely. We will honor all orders and all sales already placed, but we cannot honor any more sales with the coupon issued June 20th. Sorry for the inconvenience

-Secret Compass

Think most my orders are good to go. I haven't received a cancellation email, but I ordered within twenty minutes of getting the email. Hell I called to verify inventory on the ed 209 and the owner said they only had three left, but the cart let you add 6. In guess I'll know soon enough

I gotta tell ya, as beautiful as the figure is, it's built very cheaply. I'm pretty disappointed in this figure.

When unboxing mine, posing, and moving to its display stand, a leg popped off, an arm popped off, Rhodie's lower jaw visor popped off, a front facing armor flap popped off (albeit included in the design for posing), and a pin of unknown origin popped out. All of these pieces had to be re-attached sans the pin as I have no idea where it goes.

I have many Hot Toys in my collection and I've never seen one built as cheaply. And, it's not just the one I have either, you can tell in the figure's design that these issues are common. I'm pretty delicate with my figures and wear nitrile gloves while unboxing and posing for display. Even still, the figure seems to be more prone to these issues due to the weight of the die-cast parts. While there are innovations in the figures design, Hot Toys did some stupid things with this figure.

1. The helmet light switch is under cover requiring removal every time you want to turn on and turn off the helmet eyes. Granted the same argument could be made for repulsor lighting, the eyes at a minimum should be easily accessible.
2. While the Rhodie head sculpt is SUPER IMPROVED from Mark II AU, the facial expression is down right stupid and doesn't go with the figure.
3. The 'open visor' and 'slightly open visor' accessories could have been replaced with more hands or armor options.

While the beauty of this figure no doubt help compensate for its short comings, beware that this figure is an 'early die-cast' and be VERY delicate when posing and displaying. It looks amazing under light and the Don Cheadle head sculpt is very accurate, Hot Toys could have knocked it out of the park with this figure and instead reached the warning track.

This being my first die-cast, I can honestly say it's a BIG gimmick to convince the buyer they are getting 'more' for their dollar. They would be better off scraping die-cast altogether and continuing to focus on stellar plastic models. Iron Patriot DOES FEEL AWESOME, you get the feeling you're actually holding a mini Iron Man that could fly around the room. With that said, the benefit DOES NOT outweigh the cost and the figure's build quality suffers. I think Hot Toys can correct these issues, and they will hopefully get much better, but I'm just not sure we're getting anything more.

I can honestly say the good old plastic Mark II AU looks better than Iron Patriot IMHO.

-Tom

LOL no, not IPs. And actually it was two. And then one. We had ordered Catwoman and MoS but the MoS was cancelled because they sold out just before we ordered. So all we got was Catwoman.

And their sale that was supposed to run through 6/30 was canceled today. From their FB page:

Hello Secret Compass fans/collectors,

Due to numerous problems with stock, glitches in the coupon, and at least one attempt to hack our website, we have had to end our recent promotion prematurely. We will honor all orders and all sales already placed, but we cannot honor any more sales with the coupon issued June 20th. Sorry for the inconvenience

-Secret Compass

Secret Compass eh? I never heard of them and I've been perusing their site. I see their Cap efx Shield is no longer available, bummer but I might pick up the Catspaw GOT Dagger, I always wanted one of those, you know for assassinating my enemies by proxy :lol

Well there were a lot of great deals there yesterday when they had 20% off all Sideshow and Hot Toys in stock items and free shipping. But it didn't last very long.

I gotta tell ya, as beautiful as the figure is, it's built very cheaply. I'm pretty disappointed in this figure.

When unboxing mine, posing, and moving to its display stand, a leg popped off, an arm popped off, Rhodie's lower jaw visor popped off, a front facing armor flap popped off (albeit included in the design for posing), and a pin of unknown origin popped out. All of these pieces had to be re-attached sans the pin as I have no idea where it goes.

Sounds like you got a damaged fig, have you thought about exchanging it? Both my Diecast figs feel like tanks, the complete opposite of your experience. :dunno

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Sp...

Proxygeek nice review.. Although in posing and displaying my figure I never got the impression that it was cheaply built. In fact my impression was quite the opposite.

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Sp...

Proxygeek nice review.. Although in posing and displaying my figure I never got the impression that it was cheaply built. In fact my impression was quite the opposite.

One gets the IMPRESSION the figure is well built because of the weight. When you see pieces popping off, you realize it's NOT well built. I'm betting all of these have similar issues regardless of whether you ran across these issues are not.

I highly recommend exercising caution when posing and displaying all Hot Toys figures, but this figure just doesn't seem that well put together. It may FEEL that way, but I'm betting you hear more people seeing the same things I did.

FEELING well built doesn't mean something is.

Sounds like you got a damaged fig, have you thought about exchanging it? Both my Diecast figs feel like tanks, the complete opposite of your experience. :dunno

Again, feeling like tanks doesn't mean the figure is well built. Do you care to test this belief? Follow the instructions and begin articulating the figure, push the back button and pull down on the legs, pull down on the feet, etc. Some of what I saw could have been eliminated by variances in the molds.

The figure feels well built, but I don't think it is, I think the first die-casts are like any other 1.0 release.

Never had any pieces popping off of mine is what I'm saying.

I would say this is good news if you have posed the figure a lot and articulated it a lot. If you have barely touched it and you're saying this, try it out a bit more and then let me know.

Again, feeling like tanks doesn't mean the figure is well built. Do you care to test this belief? Follow the instructions and begin articulating the figure, push the back button and pull down on the legs, pull down on the feet, etc. Some of what I saw could have been eliminated by variances in the molds.

The figure feels well built, but I don't think it is, I think the first die-casts are like any other 1.0 release.

When I stated it felt like tank I was inferring it was well built - like a tank :lol

Anyway, the mask, arms and legs on mine didn't plop off out of the box like yours did so it's safe to say immediately our figures vary and something is wrong with yours right out of the box. I don't like the push down button feature myself, but varying the molds and eliminating it wouldn't grant the same amount of articulation I'm guessing or they'd have gone that route.

When I stated it felt like tank I was inferring it was well built - like a tank :lol

Anyway, the mask, arms and legs on mine didn't plop off out of the box like yours did so it's safe to say immediately our figures vary and something is wrong with yours right out of the box. I don't like the push down button feature myself, but varying the molds and eliminating it wouldn't grant the same amount of articulation I'm guessing or they'd have gone that route.

Well to clarify and to be fair, the pieces only popped off while I was articulating the figure, not just on their own. That would be really bad ;). What I was saying was that I was pretty gentle and they still popped off, something I haven't seen on other figures. I don't think anything is wrong with mine per se, nothing broken or anything.

I think they could have made longer plastic pins in the flaps and similar pieces. I didn't use a lot of force and things popped off. I will tell you that EVERY Hot Toys figure I have owned has something small come undone.

This figure just doesn't appear that well engineered to me, I think that in the future, they are going to get better which is only natural.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Sp...

I would say this is good news if you have posed the figure a lot and articulated it a lot. If you have barely touched it and you're saying this, try it out a bit more and then let me know.

I posed it enough to check out all the features of the figure. So I lifted the waist panels to check out the articulation of the legs. I was especially interested in this because I was disappointed at the limited range of motion my Mark 7 had. I posed the legs a few different ways to see how sturdy he was without a stand. I checked out the adjustable shoulders which allow for a greater range of motion for the arms. I tried out the slight elbow extension. Extended the abs.. Pressed the button in the back to see how the hip flexor extension thing worked. The only thing I have not done is pop the panels off to insert batteries or use the light up feature. I was careful.. nothing popped off.

I'm not saying that this didn't happen on your figure but your assessment doesn't describe my figure and none of the reviews have highlighted these issues. I do wonder if yours is somehow different.

Last edited:
I haven't had any of those issues with either IP or WM thankfully while posing or messing around with them. Though I have played around with WM more than IP.

Last edited:
I played with mine quite a bit yesterday and had no issues. Even changed the head out and added an accessory. LOVE the weight of this figure.

coulson iron patriot.jpg

Back