1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How the hell do you get backgrounds to look like that? :lol

The best way is to use a Photo Box or Light tent which comes with Black back drops. You can also use Photoshop
to out line the figure and change the back ground to any color you want. The mirror reflection also
can be done using Photoshop or with a actual mirror.

I use 2 off camera flashes. If you set your camera to manual (~f14 and 1/250s) and expose it without flash so that the picture is entirely black, you can have the light fall off before hitting whatever background you have. There is also some ratio of light to subject and subject to background I forgot but it's mostly just trial and error. The reflection is from a glass table with the underside spray painted black. I don't think a mirror would for. You would need a black sheet of plexiglass or black tinted glass for a black background.

How the hell do you get backgrounds to look like that? :lol

I use 2 off camera flashes. If you set your camera to manual (~f14 and 1/250s) and expose it without flash so that the picture is entirely black, you can have the light fall off before hitting whatever background you have. There is also some ratio of light to subject and subject to background I forgot but it's mostly just trial and error. The reflection is from a glass table with the underside spray painted black. I don't think a mirror would for. You would need a black sheet of plexiglass or black tinted glass for a black background.

What type of Camera are you using in your shots?

It's all preference. Both make great cameras regardless. I like Nikon because of the dial positions, but people prefer Canon for the same reason. Honestly, you should try them out in person and see which you prefer yourself.

It's all preference. Both make great cameras regardless. I like Nikon because of the dial positions, but people prefer Canon for the same reason. Honestly, you should try them out in person and see which you prefer yourself.

Agreed. Once you hit a certain price point they are basically the same. It comes down to feature sets (Button positions), I would be more concerned with getting good lenses. Nifty 50 (Prime), a good long Lens and everyday shooter.

I'm not sure how much has changed since but some Nikons seemed to come with better capabilities like fps shooting, for example, at a lower cost than the Canon models. Is there any truth to that? Like a D5300 would have the same fps as a T5i and be a good $200 or so less.

I'm not sure how much has changed since but some Nikons seemed to come with better capabilities like fps shooting, for example, at a lower cost than the Canon models. Is there any truth to that? Like a D5300 would have the same fps as a T5i and be a good $200 or so less.

I have a D5100 and it works for me. The Canons do generally have a higher body cost, but depends with bundles. I would recommend researching the type of photography you are wanting to do with the camera.

If you are wanting to use it more for figure blogging and portorait style, there is really not a big difference. Buy the cheapest body you are comfortable with and spend money on good lenses and software for editing.

Just remember though the most important part for taking pictures, "NEED MOAR BOKEH":rotfl

What are you buying a camera for? Toy shooting? Sports? Nature? High FPS isn't going to matter for most things unless your shooting a lot of fast moving objects. If you really do want a cheap camera with a higher fps, you should probably get a mirrorless camera instead of a DSLR, something from panasonic, sony or olympus. The problem with comparing the entry level nikon/canon dslrs is that they don't quite matchup as equivalents. a D5300 isn't exactly a direct competitor to the T5i. Also, Canon generally has better video capabilities compared to Nikon, so if that's a big deal for you too, you should probably sway Canon.

Interesting. Thanks for the info! I'm definitely looking for a good overall camera, one that could do many things. I do attend a lot of events on my free time so I do appreciate a good fps camera. Video is always a plus since I shoot my own short films on spare time. I'm not familiar with the technical aspects of photography that much, still trying to learn, I will do some research on the mirrorless camera that you mentioned to learn more about that.

All this camera talk, i recently got myself a new camera too, picked up the Nikon D3300 dslr, entry level like but all i was using previously was my xperia z1. Quality wise i love the new camera wasn't cheap like but, still getting used to the features and stuff as this is my first dabble into photography

here are two shots of IP, who will be leaving my collection soon

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Sp...

My IP arrived today and I just pulled him out of the box. I'm still pulling the plastic wrap off if him and I had to stop and say.. OH WOW. He really does have some weight to him. That by itself is awesome.

yma3a4yh.jpg

Update:

This is not one of those figures that have to grow on you. This guy is amazing right out of the box!

e4evy8yr.jpg

Last edited:
Back