1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Royce, it's a great figure indeed :clap

IPJune112014Edit3_zps9d35eae1.jpg

Oh you have the Cap shield! I think I'm doing that as well.

Lol.. Looks awesome with the Cap head as well. I don't own a Cap so I'm going to wait until the shields from the new figure hit eBay. Hopefully that way I will avoid the flaking issue. I can't imagine them putting the new figure out with the same issue.

I was going to add a different set of magnets to the faceplate when I decided to look more closely at the Mk2 AU head and duh, it just has strips of ferrous metal in its faceplate, not other magnets. Putting magnets with magnets will stick really well but only from one direction, that's why the IP faceplate is so fiddly, the stock magnets have the poles along the edge, so it attracts well when closed but not open on top of the head, where it repels.

Stock magnet on the right
BH2PdRc.jpg

I tried it both ways, first I put some more standard magnets that are magnetized through the thickness and not along the edges in the faceplate, it sticks like a champ on top of the head but it wont stay in place when in the closed position (there is a gap on the top as the magnet is repelling from that angle). Since there are two faceplates and one is considered the "open" one this is a workable mod, you just have to keep the other one handy and swap them out if you want the closed look.

I also tried it with some metal instead (used pieces of one of those break off box cutter blades), so it sticks both ways just not as strongly. Way waaay easier to get it to stay in a proper open position though, and it still works in the down position.

H8Nh5N7.jpg

4TtBi52.jpg

EcsFETf.jpg

I can only assume Hot Toys felt the metal option wasn't holding as strongly as the faceplate is much smaller and not as much room for a nice big piece of metal like on other figures, but the repelling magnet issue is worse IMO. I would have just used the different polarity magnets so it stayed open properly (and doesn't work closed) or just went with the smaller metal. Both work better than what was shipped...

0kLCJHF.jpg

My closed faceplate attaches fairly well. It doesn't take me more than a moment or two to get it into position and it stays. The other faceplate is all over the place so it's back in the box.

tyzeruqa.jpg

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Sp...

I would not say that its a deal breaker though. I think most everyone has been able to make it work but it takes a little patience.

Question: Is it supposed to sit high like this
ety4yte4.jpg

Or lower like this?
avyhyqeb.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. That shot wasn't in the movie was it? I don't recall seeing Rhodey in the suit with the face plate lifted

Interesting. That shot wasn't in the movie was it? I don't recall seeing Rhodey in the suit with the face plate lifted
It could be from a deleted scene but you are right, I don't remember seeing it either. I just found it on a Google search while looking for President Ellis in the suit as a reference photo for positioning the visor on this model. :)

I actually just watched it before I saw the link here! Very professional... Great job!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Great review! Really like the layout of the review and the articulation portion was one of the best I've seen of any figure. :clap

Back