1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how Sony messed it up??? Marvel sold the filming rights to Spiderman and his supporting cast and it is Sony's right to make those movies anyway they want, but only limited to Spiderman character's. Raimi's Spider-Man came out in 2002, who knew that Osborn would become the Iron Patriot in 2009's Dark Avengers series.

It isn't Marvel fault either because when they were selling the movie rights to their character, at that time they were unable to produce the films themselves which wasn't until 2008's Iron Man.

Both Sony and Marvel have to work within the legal boundaries of eachother's filming rights. The inclusion of IP in IM3 fitting into the story they were trying to fit. And Sony is only interested in the Green Goblin aspect of Osborn, I highly doubt they will have him running H.A.M.M.E.R. By the time we get to Amazing Spiderman 5.

:exactly: Though I would rather have Fantastic Four and Spidey back with MS rather than the X-Men, but do not make Spidey and Avenger till like...Phase 7 or so.

I don't see how Sony messed it up??? Marvel sold the filming rights to Spiderman and his supporting cast and it is Sony's right to make those movies anyway they want, but only limited to Spiderman character's. Raimi's Spider-Man came out in 2002, who knew that Osborn would become the Iron Patriot in 2009's Dark Avengers series.

It isn't Marvel fault either because when they were selling the movie rights to their character, at that time they were unable to produce the films themselves which wasn't until 2008's Iron Man.

Both Sony and Marvel have to work within the legal boundaries of eachother's filming rights. The inclusion of IP in IM3 fitting into the story they were trying to fit. And Sony is only interested in the Green Goblin aspect of Osborn, I highly doubt they will have him running H.A.M.M.E.R. By the time we get to Amazing Spiderman 5.

More than likely thats why Marvel was able to use Iron Patriot and not Norman Osborn. There was probably someone in the contract to screen rights of existing Spider-Man characters, with no rider about "future Spider-Man creations" So for now the universes stay split up, unless Sony and Disney make some serious concessions and work them into a combined film.

Sometimes i forget how really "old" those Toby spidey movies are and that b4 that, there were really no significant Marvel movies to speak about. Guess we've been spoiled with all the new ones coming out lately. Speaking of Harry Osbourne, i did c him in the latest ASM trailer, so maybe Marvel does have plans to tie in the story..

Sony gets to keep the rights as long as they keep making films, which is why they rebooted the franchise so fast after they tripped on their faces with Spider-Man 3- it doesn't matter what they make as long as they keep making it. So they'll do the "Amazing" films till they overreach and flop and then they'll reboot it again. Until it stops being a veritable money printing machine they'll keep cranking them out. There is not really some cosmic plan to tie in to Marvel, they just need to release movies with Spider-Man in them and make a cool enough trailer to get people to show up. Its pretty disheartening, actually.

Sony gets to keep the rights as long as they keep making films, which is why they rebooted the franchise so fast after they tripped on their faces with Spider-Man 3- it doesn't matter what they make as long as they keep making it. So they'll do the "Amazing" films till they overreach and flop and then they'll reboot it again. Until it stops being a veritable money printing machine they'll keep cranking them out. There is not really some cosmic plan to tie in to Marvel, they just need to release movies with Spider-Man in them and make a cool enough trailer to get people to show up. Its pretty disheartening, actually.

Exactly, all the studios have a 4 year window to make movies on the properties they own before they lose the rights. What sucks, is that we ALMOST got Fantastic Four back but FOX greenlit a movie before the rights reverted so they could make another movie, and so far, it seems like the next FF film is gonna bomb with the direction they want to go with it. If anything should go to Marvel Studios and the MCU, it's Fantastic Four.

I think Blade was the first movie to set off marvel's successful path to greenlighting more films from comic book characters, but in reality, I really wish they would get together and just finally combine show all those characters in one true avengers movie with the current marvel characters, xmen, spiderman and FF. Seeing the Avengers being made was a dream come true, but wanting to see the marvel universe where all the movies relate to each other would be great.

Just sharin' the love.

diecast-iron-patriot-hot-toys-iron-man-suit-up-hysan-place-22.jpg
967_ironpatriot.jpg
562622_10200552718127694_614205122_n.jpg
970140_464638063620434_1568084288_n.jpg

Hot Toys updated schedule in Japan for March delivery of IP, so we should be seeing so in hand pics of him soon...

:hi5:

I'm debating getting this figure. Sort of like the color scheme of the War Machine Mark II a bit more but I like that this one has the in helmet Cheadle head sculpt.

Back