1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hip thing is fine on mine. I could open the flap and close it without problem.

Maybe I didn't communicate what I meant....I can open it just fine as well, but my point was that it doesn't sit flush against the rest of the armor. It's like a little up and leaves a little tiny gap as you can see in the picture. Maybe it is me nitpicking, but again, I paid $310 for this figure, it should be darn close to perfect.

^^^ No no, I gotcha. Something similar happened w/ my Mk7 rib piece, but I was able to get it to fit flush and I never touched it again, haha. With this one, I don't have that problem. It goes in all the way. Not sure about others' figures though.

^^^ No no, I gotcha. Something similar happened w/ my Mk7 rib piece, but I was able to get it to fit flush and I never touched it again, haha. With this one, I don't have that problem. It goes in all the way. Not sure about others' figures though.

Reading about the problems in this thread makes me think twice about ordering this, and then I realise I already did and elect to ignore them :lol

Maybe I didn't communicate what I meant....I can open it just fine as well, but my point was that it doesn't sit flush against the rest of the armor. It's like a little up and leaves a little tiny gap as you can see in the picture. Maybe it is me nitpicking, but again, I paid $310 for this figure, it should be darn close to perfect.

I don't believe i've got the same issue, but i've got a pretty major one with mine....on mine when you hold the figure the legs are free to swing with nothing stopping them and the figure falls over when free standing. Sideshow is looking into stock for a replacement for me. Hoping to hear back today.

How far can the legs & knees bend? I'm trying to get him in the kneeling pose and I don't want to break any of the flaps or joints.

Luckily I didn't have any issues with mine, but I hope they address all of the QC issues that some of you have. I like the die cast look and feel, but if they are charging 300 plus for these, there needs to be way more care during production and shipping.

Luckily I didn't have any issues with mine, but I hope they address all of the QC issues that some of you have. I like the die cast look and feel, but if they are charging 300 plus for these, there needs to be way more care during production and shipping.

i agree 100%. this is my first major issue, SS has sent me a replacement part for my mk 7 but that was minor. This one is a real big deal. The diecast line is great, just wish the cost for this hobby as a whole wouldn't increase as much as it is.

Finally got to opening my IP this weekend. Few things to note:

The Hip flap on the right side does not sit flush against he body? Anyone else have this? On my WM MkII it sits perfectly flush.
View attachment 111621

It should sit flush, but yours might nit be seated correctly on the hinge. Its very easy to take the hip flaps off, I did this when I repainted my WM2, it just takes a light twist to pop them loose. Yours might be loose already and just needs to be popped back in. Take the legs off (again, this is really easy just pull them to the side) and you can see into that cavity where the flaps are attached.

The elbow protector on the left arm came broken, it was just sitting in the box. I can just crazy glue it in...but not what I was expecting for a $310 figure.
View attachment 111623

Then contact sideshow and they'll send you a new arm, its not that big of a deal.

And of course, both headsculpts do not sit properly. I have already tried switching the magnets all different ways and nothing has helped it. Perhaps it could be the magnets in the headsculpt?
View attachment 111624
View attachment 111625

The fact is the magnets in the face plate are just too small and their polarity is strongest along the edges. Changing the orientation of the big magnets in the head won't alter that. I managed to get mine to work a lot better by flipping around the small magnets in the faceplate, but it is still not super easy to get it to attach, its just very fiddly. When you have the magnets loose stick them on the head and you'll see how their polarities are, and see if one edge works better than another and reattach it that way

e80mSoM.jpg

7zXk8bn.jpg

What's SSC's policy on replacement parts? A small piece of the back cannon/blaster wasn't glued properly or chipped off, I was wondering if they replace something small like that?

What's SSC's policy on replacement parts? A small piece of the back cannon/blaster wasn't glued properly or chipped off, I was wondering if they replace something small like that?
I don't think there's a firm policy in place. It seems they either have parts available that can be replaced or they'll offer you partial/full refunds. I got 2 right articulated hands with mine so they shipped me a left hand :lol

983698_10103715004113790_7393643749646298170_n.jpg

Got mine late last week, but only had a chance to open him Monday. Mine seems perfect. I love the heft of him, and he can get some really great poses. I don't know if I totally get the practicality of the legs button since it's so loose when you activate it, but it's a neat option, I guess. Man, he looks great on the shelf.

While I dont have him yet I have seen in video reviews that the leg button allows you to pull the legs down further which increases the range of motion in the hip flexor region.

Back