1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine on Monday. Took him out, put his gun on, just a basic standing strait armed pose and put him in the Detolf
until I had more time. Just took him out earlier this morning to spend some time checking him out. Oh No! There is
a silver inner piece broken off and rattling around inside the right shoulder. That and the outer shoulder guard is very loose.
Didn't notice that when I first removed him. A definite problem. I'll be in touch with SSC on Monday. Bummer! Hope there's
no problem getting a replacement. That would SUCK!

I got mine to do the salute per actual military regulations- just a nitpick of mine. "Showing secrets" and all from most of the salute poses on here.

I'll post a photo when I have time.

I agree spindrift. Looks alone scream quality and I'm sure that impression will only increase once I have it in hand and feel the weight and craftsmanship. My first Iron Man figure was the Mark 7 and while it look great it always felt a little strange to be so light and plasticy. Normally I could care less about die cast but it's so appropriate for a suit made of metal.

I just got around to opening IP. It is crazy what a paint job does with the same type of suit. Beautiful paint by HT on this. I loved the Mark II WM, but wow does the red and blue pop on this figure. I if had to choose between the two I would definitely get this. Great figure. Good job HT.

E4352622-F3AE-4C62-A3EA-4AF804F77069-407-0000006DFAD47346_zpsf18671b5.jpg

C7BA31C8-C644-4438-B38F-48F813FFF170-407-0000006E0A804A9F_zpsa5ffab91.jpg

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Sp...

Nice pictures.. Thanks for sharing. The colors look excellent in these pictures. I feel like WM would blend into my collection whereas this guy should really pop due to the vibrant paint scheme. I can't wait.

How long can you keep the lights on on your figure, before the LED starts dimming? It's highly annoying sometimes, mine goes up to 5 minutes before the lights start fading... bummer, we are in 2014 and we still haven't found a way around batteries, I know it's a scam either way lol.

Finally got to opening my IP this weekend. Few things to note:

The Hip flap on the right side does not sit flush against he body? Anyone else have this? On my WM MkII it sits perfectly flush.
HipFlap.jpg

The elbow protector on the left arm came broken, it was just sitting in the box. I can just crazy glue it in...but not what I was expecting for a $310 figure.
Elbow.jpg

And of course, both headsculpts do not sit properly. I have already tried switching the magnets all different ways and nothing has helped it. Perhaps it could be the magnets in the headsculpt?
Head.jpg
Head2.jpg

With the head piece, the only way to keep my straight is to bring it up a little higher. Not sure if that's the right look, but following the instructions in the booklet on where to put the two top side magnets doesn't work. Just slide it back a bit further, and it should be good. I'll try to take pics later.

Personally I would contact SS or whomever you purchased it from. If the figures were $150 then I would deal with QC issues but not at $300+

Personally I would contact SS or whomever you purchased it from. If the figures were $150 then I would deal with QC issues but not at $300+

I've drafted up the email already but I wanted to get the boards opinion on things like the hip etc. Like I said, I can easily glue in the elbow guard...but then why did I pay $310? I love these figures and I love this hobby but they really need to up their quality control. I know things can happen, but things seem to happen way too often for me considering the prices of these figures.

Back