1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would I prefer not to destroy it, yes. Do I want to pay to return it, no. There's something call prepaid postage.
I would happily return it via that method. Is it hard to destroy? Of course, isn't it made of Titanium?

There's a video of someone destroying a HT 89 Batmobile with a hammer on Youtube. I'm guessing it's a
similar situation. I found watching it a bit sad actually. OK, so they don't want you to have the old item/part.
Is destroying it really the best way to handle this? And yes, I dislike the "smash it, photograph it, send it, or
we'll charge you" statement.

Might as well have some fun with it knowing that you are getting another. Blow it up.. Put it on YouTube and watch people go ape ***** lol

So you prefer to pay to return it? People just will complain about everything. You are getting your replacement so just follow the instruction and destroy the part. How hard is that? Unless you actually want to keep the damaged one and the replacement.

but it is a strange request

"You see, I'm a guy of simple taste. I enjoy uhhh....dynamite....and gunpowder....and gasoline!"

jokerclapbq7.gif

just got my email from SS about my replacement. Because of the problem, they want me to send it back to them. Then they'll send me a new one. Guess mine doesn't get destroyed....by me at least

They did include return shipping though. I will have to call them to make sure the new one is a pack out...i paid for it for the first one

just got my email from SS about my replacement. Because of the problem, they want me to send it back to them. Then they'll send me a new one. Guess mine doesn't get destroyed....by me at least

They did include return shipping though. I will have to call them to make sure the new one is a pack out...i paid for it for the first one

do you select pack out when you order the figure, or when it ships?

Would I prefer not to destroy it, yes. Do I want to pay to return it, no. There's something call prepaid postage.
I would happily return it via that method. Is it hard to destroy? Of course, isn't it made of Titanium?

There's a video of someone destroying a HT 89 Batmobile with a hammer on Youtube. I'm guessing it's a
similar situation. I found watching it a bit sad actually. OK, so they don't want you to have the old item/part.
Is destroying it really the best way to handle this? And yes, I dislike the "smash it, photograph it, send it, or

They have decided that the value of return shipping and fixing parts is less than the value of just having a supply of replacements. If anything this should be a demonstration of how huge the margin is on this stuff. If it is too horrible to consider than learn to paint and fix things yourself, that's the only other option.

Probably the best I could do with the open faceplate. Any further down and the magnet polarities start screwing it up or his forehead gets blocked. Hard to get the salute correct closer to his head/eyes too...

Nice shot DW! There's probably some space between the hand and head but it looks great from that angle.

They should've included a "salute arm"

but it is a strange request

It does suck to have to destroy the stuff but I think that it's pretty clear why they have this policy. It's obviously to keep control of the situation otherwise how many people would be taking advantage? Are thet just supposed to send everyone a replacement part (or a whole new Batmobile) just because... someone says it's broken or sends them a pic? With all the people with photoshop skills out there? If I were running a business and I had a set number of parts that were put aside as replacements for LEGIT damages, I'd want to see some serious proof too. If that guy didn't smash his Batmobile, what's stopping him from fixing up the problem to the best of his ability (IF the problem or scratches were actually real and weren't photoshopped) and selling it "as is", after receiving a brand new one?

They have decided that the value of return shipping and fixing parts is less than the value of just having a supply of replacements. If anything this should be a demonstration of how huge the margin is on this stuff. If it is too horrible to consider than learn to paint and fix things yourself, that's the only other option.

it depends on the nature of the problem and how much of the figure is damaged. in my case the whole figure needs to be replaced so they're having me send it back (prepaid) and shipping me a new one. While i'm sure they make good money, i'd guess the margin isn't all that high

Nice shot DW! There's probably some space between the hand and head but it looks great from that angle.

It does suck to have to destroy the stuff but I think that it's pretty clear why they have this policy. It's obviously to keep control of the situation otherwise how many people would be taking advantage? Are thet just supposed to send everyone a replacement part (or a whole new Batmobile) just because... someone says it's broken or sends them a pic? With all the people with photoshop skills out there? If I were running a business and I had a set number of parts that were put aside as replacements for LEGIT damages, I'd want to see some serious proof too. If that guy didn't smash his Batmobile, what's stopping him from fixing up the problem to the best of his ability (IF the problem or scratches were actually real and weren't photoshopped) and selling it "as is", after receiving a brand new one?

A very astute observation sir

I was actually able to fix the arm on mine. I didn't want to mess with it because I thought they would want it back in return
for the new one. And I really didn't know if I could fix it or not. This is my first experience with "Smash it and show us you did it".
Anyway, it appears to be functioning properly now, though I guess there's no way to know if it would hold up in the long run. So
getting a new replacement is probably the best thing. But it looks I'll be destroying a perfectly good arm.

:exactly::goodpost:

Back