1/6 Hot Toys - MMS194 - The Expendables 2: Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the Hi Res pics it's definitely the eyes that are throwing it off for me, isolating just the nose and mouth is pretty bang on Stallone

This is interesting since the nose is the only part that is actually without question off from looking like Sly, it doesn't hurt the likeness of the HT sculpts but both Barney figures have an idealized nose where Sly's is misshapen, it's actually always been that way but old age has made it lot pronounced.

Thanks for the hi-res pics!

I love the sculpt on this. I prefer pretty much everything to the first release. I think I'm gonna swap them out.

all of you talk about the head but this figure is so inconsistent elsewhere first off where is the Dagger pendant and necklace? and what scene is the black outfit suppose to portray? they only wore the neck thingies when saving Chinese billionaire and Trench but Hot Toys gave the shirt Barney wore in the end of the movie he was wearing short sleeves in Nepal and you could see his arms tattoos. unless you take the black shirt from the first one there is no way to screen accurately use the left hand with lucky ring because he wore it on his right in the end fighting Jean Villena. they give sunglasses acceossry from the first figure but ignore the cigar lighter.

Missed out on the first one but this is a lot better imo - Pre ordered from OWB already at a great price. Fantastic!!!

all of you talk about the head but this figure is so inconsistent elsewhere first off where is the Dagger pendant and necklace? and what scene is the black outfit suppose to portray? they only wore the neck thingies when saving Chinese billionaire and Trench but Hot Toys gave the shirt Barney wore in the end of the movie he was wearing short sleeves in Nepal and you could see his arms tattoos. unless you take the black shirt from the first one there is no way to screen accurately use the left hand with lucky ring because he wore it on his right in the end fighting Jean Villena. they give sunglasses acceossry from the first figure but ignore the cigar lighter.

This does come with the back t-shirt. Says so in the specs and you can see it in the pics. It's under the black long sleeve shirt

Costume:
- One (1) leather-like black belt
- Two (2) styles of outfits include:
- Style 1:
- One (1) black beret
- One (1) black T-shirt
- One (1) black zip-up tee
- One (1) black tactical vest
- One (1) pair of black pants
- One (1) pair of black boots
- Style 2:
- One (1) brown beret
- One (1) navy blue T-shirt
- One (1) denim vest
- One (1) pair of brown pants
- One (1) pair of brown boots

Last edited:
I'm with the "head sculpt is off" crowd. I've not studied side by side pics of the actor and the figure to pinpoint exactly what it is like some of you guys here, it just looks wrong somehow, quite obviously.

I had a bit of a general rant on my website about this figure https://www.hottoysuk.co.uk/others/hot-toys-barney-ross-the-expendables-2.html which is the first time I've really been a bit negative about Hot Toys.

It's just becoming a bit disappointing that all the "new" figures being released are actually old figures being redone or more of the same. Then again I wasn't complaining when it was all Batman figures so maybe I'm just being selfish?

I may have top accept that Hot Toys aren't just making figures for me :p

i was surprised how much older he looked in the 2nd flick. must have been fresh off a face life for the first. i think both HT sculpts captured his look from each film. im damn tempted to get this one. hes like an older version of spartan from demolition man. always wanted that and simon phoenix lol

I just bought the Expendibles 2 movie and by comparing the pics of the jacket and the HT figure it looks to me like his head is more oval than round as shown in the figure. It still looks like Sly especially the sneer and the eyes

machete.jpg

The High-res pictures make the sculpt look way better. I passed on the first one, so Im definitely going to consider this.

Back