1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Valkyrie Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh. If this goes up, definitely getting it.

Now I'm even more annoyed that I missed out on Hela.

I really hope hot toys doesn't squander this character by releasing this crappy outfit instead of the far superior white outfit that most people want then never release another because of poor sales.

Yeah, I completely agree.. the White Armor is my favorite look on her. Love the gold trim/details and blue cape.

I'm not really familiar with the character in the comics, so I'll wait to decide on this until after the movie, but the sculpt looks good! Hopefully they figure out something with the arms so she can have seamless arms and actually be posed.

Well she’s a far cry from this, which is the comic/cosplay version and what I prefer. The cinematic version went a little too far in the recasting and reimagining direction imo.
Will have to build my own.
4F6AC19B-58C7-468E-A5BD-42ED427B26BB.jpeg

Or even this
B07AE490-5AFB-4101-8A06-8C9F21C32C33.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats to responding to a post over two years old to share your vaguely racist thoughts!

Congrats to responding to a post over two years old to share your vaguely racist thoughts!

There was nothing racist at all about his comment...just you being oversensitive and over-reactionary in your baseless accusation. :cuckoo:

But yet I had no problem with Sam Jackson as Nick Fury and bought the HT figure. Hmmm....

?I?m not racist, I have black friends?

If you go through the trouble of saying ?too far in the RE-CASTING department? don?t use coded language and just tell us what you mean.

?I?m not racist, I have black friends?

If you go through the trouble of saying ?too far in the RE-CASTING department? don?t use coded language and just tell us what you mean.

So how many people of color cast in the MCU should I enthusiastically endorse/embrace before I?m considered non racist?
I don?t even like all the caucasian casting in the MCU.

The MCU portrayed the Wakandan nation and characters wonderfully, with fidelity to the their comic book origins and in the design aesthetics.
But not so with Valkyrie.
Why?
I would?ve preferred a statuesque Gwendolyn Christie type with much better looking armor as shown in the concept art.
Valkyries are Odin’s and Asgard’s Spec Ops warriors and Tessa Thompson’s casting, portrayal and costume did nothing to sell that ideal imo.

Last edited:
So how many people of color cast in the MCU should I enthusiastically endorse/embrace before I’m not a racist?
I don’t even like all the caucasian casting in the MCU.

The MCU portrayed the Wankandan nation and characters wonderfully, with fidelity to the their comic book origins and in the design aesthetics.
Why?
I would’ve preferred a statuesque Gwendolyn Christie type with much better looking armor as shown in the concept art.
Valkyries are Odin’s and Asgard’s Spec Ops warriors and Tessa Thompson’s casting, portrayal and costume did anything to sell that ideal imo.

Ah, love it when the discussions get derailed and accusations of racism are casually thrown around all because of SJW-enthusiasts...

Lol bro, I would just say don't bother with such callow individuals like Mara...clearly their mind is already made up that if you don't happen to support/like a choice that also happens to be portrayed by a minority then you're automatically a racist. Logic is not a language they speak. :cuckoo:

So how many people of color cast in the MCU should I enthusiastically endorse/embrace before I’m considered non racist?
I don’t even like all the caucasian casting in the MCU.

The MCU portrayed the Wankandan nation and characters wonderfully, with fidelity to the their comic book origins and in the design aesthetics.
Why?
I would’ve preferred a statuesque Gwendolyn Christie type with much better looking armor as shown in the concept art.
Valkyries are Odin’s and Asgard’s Spec Ops warriors and Tessa Thompson’s casting, portrayal and costume did nothing to sell that ideal imo.

No need to justify yourself. You don’t need the permission of fragile, miserable mini-tyrants who are obsessed with the melanin content in people’s skin, their gender, etc (any label where they can place that person into an overall larger group, basically), to like and dislike what you want. Just tell them to pound sand.

isn't Tessa Thompsons playing "A" Valkyrie and not "The" Valkyrie (Brunnhilde) we usually associate with the comic? Wasn't she the one that Hela killed in the flashback saving thompson's Valkyrie?

Yes Tessa is “a” Valkyrie and she does a fantastic job in the role. I always liked Brunnhilde in the comics and was initially expecting that would the Valkyrie that would appear, especially as the character had been teased in earlier concept art for Thor 2. I like the way the character was written and cast, and I do think Brunnhilde was subtly suggested as the warrior who sacrificed herself in the battle against Hela. So chill. Who knows, maybe she?ll show up in Love and Thunder.

Anyway, back to the figure (which is what this thread is about), hopefully HT will release it. I would have much preferred the white costume, but maybe that will show up as an Avengers Endgame or L&T version, or bootleg.

Yes Tessa is “a” Valkyrie and she does a fantastic job in the role. I always liked Brunnhilde in the comics and was initially expecting that would the Valkyrie that would appear, especially as the character had been teased in earlier concept art for Thor 2. I like the way the character was written and cast, and I do think Brunnhilde was subtly suggested as the warrior who sacrificed herself in the battle against Hela. So chill. Who knows, maybe she?ll show up in Love and Thunder.

Anyway, back to the figure (which is what this thread is about), hopefully HT will release it. I would have much preferred the white costume, but maybe that will show up as an Avengers Endgame or L&T version, or bootleg.

I too would've preferred the Endgame look but will definitely instantly PO if this version goes up. Just gimme Valkyrie and Mantis up for PO and I think I'm good.

People should care more about the fact that Ragnarok was a goof troop film than they cast a non-white actress to play a traditionally white role.

I want it
but would rather they do the white outfit
I have the 1/10 statue with this outfit by iron studios
was hoping they would do her with the horse

People should care more about the fact that Ragnarok was a goof troop film than they cast a non-white actress to play a traditionally white role.

I thought the film was very meh/bad upon initial viewing...after accepting that it was a dumb/goof film that didn't aspire to be anything more, it has since become somewhat entertaining/tolerable upon additional viewings.

The HT Gladiator Thor that came out of it though was pretty dope though. :clap

I fully expect pretty much the same stupid formula for Love and Thunder though...oh well, at least the plus side is that I have my expectations calibrated already.

I thought the film was very meh/bad upon initial viewing...after accepting that it was a dumb/goof film that didn't aspire to be anything more, it has since become somewhat entertaining/tolerable upon additional viewings.

The HT Gladiator Thor that came out of it though was pretty dope though. :clap

I fully expect pretty much the same stupid formula for Love and Thunder though...oh well, at least the plus side is that I have my expectations calibrated already.

I feel very similarly but I haven't come around to it as much as you have. Expectations are indeed everything. I thought Ragnarok was going to be pretty hardcore considering the actual mythology.

I still can't believe they killed Odin and had Fenrir but didn't have Odin go out in a blaze of glory against the big bad wolf.

The battle for Asgard became the battle of that one small section of the bridge. Some apocalypse...

Back