1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Valkyrie Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I love Ragnarok and I'm hoping for more of the same in L&T. I do get why it didn't jive with some people though.

As for the Valkyrie figure, I think I slightly prefer the Sakaar outfit...so *if* Hot Toys do bring her to retail in her black duds, I'll be more than happy.

Personally, I love Ragnarok and I'm hoping for more of the same in L&T. I do get why it didn't jive with some people though.

As for the Valkyrie figure, I think I slightly prefer the Sakaar outfit...so *if* Hot Toys do bring her to retail in her black duds, I'll be more than happy.

Ragnarok didn't have the typical MCU love story so that puts it above the typical MCU movie.

Because, while all Marvel movies have a heavy comedy element, this one was a 100% action/buddy comedy. That genre change for a movie that deals with such a heavy topic is jarring and off-balance. I?m surprised it scores so highly among people with how confused of a movie it turned out to be. One moment you have Hela mass murdering Asgardians and then the next you have Valkyrie falling off her space ship drunk in extreme slapstick fashion.

It is a good children?s movie, but a disappointing film about the genocide of a space people. But hey, we did get Jeff Gildblum doing Jeff Goldblum things and that ALMOST redeems it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoyed Ragnarok as well. Think it revived the standalone Thor films after the dull Dark World and did a really good job with the Thor, Hulk, and Loki characters. Ragnarok and the first Guardians film are my my two favorite MCU films, so I guess I just like a little more light, Goofy, fun movies for my comic book films.

First time I saw Ragnarok I didn?t like it. Too much comedy for such dire situations. But after a few more viewings and taking the film for what it was I love it.

I enjoyed Ragnarok as well. Think it revived the standalone Thor films after the dull Dark World and did a really good job with the Thor, Hulk, and Loki characters. Ragnarok and the first Guardians film are my my two favorite MCU films, so I guess I just like a little more light, Goofy, fun movies for my comic book films.

It's one of my top MCU films. Hilarious with poignant moments, great aesthetics, editing, script. IMO GOTG1 is same, there's some underlying darkness like the view of Rocket's back. Plus the intro of Valkyrie into the MCU and Tessa Thompson is awesome.

Since I've got Roadworn Thor, Loki, DS #1 - well, luv Valkyrie, guess she's on the list.:cool:

I enjoy Ragnarok more as a standalone, fun film in some ways. If I start thinking about how it handled Asgard's destruction, the Warrior's Three, and as a sequel to the first two movies...I don't like it nearly as much. I actually was really turned off by it at first. And I still would've preferred Kenneth Branagh to return to direct.

Because I still love the first Thor - it's still next to TWS and the GOTG movies as my favorite.

I'm disappointed they kept Valkyrie in the black outfit. I think the white would sell more for them, too (because of Endgame), so it's surprising after not seeing this for so long they didn't change it.

Hmm, surprised no one has noticed this yet...but seems like the prototype they've been showing off of her ain't holding up too well.

Look at the damage to the neck and the indentations on the arm, near the armpit. Does HT only have 1 version of this proto to keep showing off, which is causing the wear and tear, or is the quality just lacking?

Photo credit to: kazu_h_ on the 'gram.

valk copy.jpg

Proabaly only one for show. They are prototypes and usually had made.

Look back at some of the behind the scenes pictures of shows when they setting up and there is a lot of blue tack holding things together

Yep... and pretty sure at this point she will stay that way.

I would agree considering she wasn't shown in the Endgame Captain Marvel photos, whereas every other released and yet to be released heroine was. If anything, I could see her getting a release when Love and Thunder comes out OR (and my personal hope) a surprise Endgame reveal. Highly unlikely though.

If she is coming, will probably be in EGs white battle attire now... add in her winged stallion and it is a DX right there.

Heres how i see it, they already made that headsculpt. Half the work is done. All they have to do is make a costume, her sword and they've got another figure to sell. Even if they were not confident in her demand from Ragnarok, there's way more motivation to make her now.

Ragnarok collectors
Endgame collectors
People doing a final battle display and want some background characters
People who want to complete the girl squad scene
And then later fans of Love and Thunder

So there's a lot of incentive to pick up this figure. And as far as the pegasus horse, I could see them making it. They have done large set pieces before, like the Sandman diorama with spiderman or the T1000 display with DX13 Terminator and most recently Palpatine's throne.

I think there's still a slight possibility, but just slight. I think there will be another possibility around Thor 4, if not for this era.

Ragnarok Valkyrie is still an automatic pass, it's white/gold or nothing for me, but I'm leaning towards passing on her even if she does release. I'm just not overly into her character in compared to a lot of the others, so I don't know how much I want to pay out for her.

There's going to be A LOT of time now for HT to work on old stuff. I mean even before the virus, Marvel releases were going to be a bit sparse, at least of movies with lots of characters. Now things are delayed at least 6 months, they're going to have time to design and refine a lot. I think it's definitely possible she gets released, but I think a lot would prefer her white costume.

It is Hot Toys 20th birthday this year. They did say 2020 was going to be their most ambitious line-up so it could happen but i think Covid might have wrecked the party.

It is Hot Toys 20th birthday this year. They did say 2020 was going to be their most ambitious line-up so it could happen but i think Covid might have wrecked the party.

The 'Rona wrecked EVERYONE'S party!!! All my vacations canceled! :gah:

But I guess the silver lining is I'll have more cash now for the HTs...whenever they ship.

Back