1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Valkyrie Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is Hot Toys 20th birthday this year. They did say 2020 was going to be their most ambitious line-up so it could happen but i think Covid might have wrecked the party.

I would be shocked if Hot Toys has as "ambitious" of a line-up as they originally planned for this year.

Their reveals for Q1 were pretty much par for the course as to what we have been getting, and with the state of everything
in the world, I would assume a lot of their plans were put on hold.

I would be shocked if Hot Toys has as "ambitious" of a line-up as they originally planned for this year.

Their reveals for Q1 were pretty much par for the course as to what we have been getting, and with the state of everything
in the world, I would assume a lot of their plans were put on hold.

Well, Howard is probably still paying his creative team despite the production shutdowns, so maybe HT will decide to release some of these borderline figures (in terms of projected profit margins) & accelerate the release of others in order to generate some revenue. I don't know the financial arrangements HT has with its distributors, but even their cut of NRDs is better than nothing.

Well, Howard is probably still paying his creative team despite the production shutdowns, so maybe HT will decide to release some of these borderline figures (in terms of projected profit margins) & accelerate the release of others in order to generate some revenue. I don't know the financial arrangements HT has with its distributors, but even their cut of NRDs is better than nothing.

Sort of what I was thinking even though I also have no idea how the arrangements work. They've got prototypes of Valkyrie, Mantis, Scarlet Witch and Falcon that they could throw out for pre-order with late 2021 delivery commitments. Falcon in particular seems like a no-brainer if they look at the secondary market asking prices for the Civil War version...

Sort of what I was thinking even though I also have no idea how the arrangements work. They've got prototypes of Valkyrie, Mantis, Scarlet Witch and Falcon that they could throw out for pre-order with late 2021 delivery commitments. Falcon in particular seems like a no-brainer if they look at the secondary market asking prices for the Civil War version...

I'm game for the first 3 you listed. I already have the TWS & CW Falcons and I've got the Iron Scavenger on order - no more room for wings in my MCU display area! Well, unless Valkyrie comes with her Pegasus look-alike. :lol

HT has such a great Tessa Thompson portrait it would be a shame not to release something. I’d rather get a white costume version (deluxe with Pegasus), but if this was the only option I’d get a spare head to have customized or wait for an eventual knockoff. I think Mantis will eventually show up, possibly as a Show exclusive. I’m hoping Scarlet Witch gets a more comic-inspired costume from the Diz+ show, and Falcon will also get a more comic style costume, so am fine waiting on those.

I'm game for the first 3 you listed. I already have the TWS & CW Falcons and I've got the Iron Scavenger on order - no more room for wings in my MCU display area! Well, unless Valkyrie comes with her Pegasus look-alike. :lol

I hear you there! I just knocked out a 5x5 foot wall and built new recessed shelving to accommodate my growing MCU HT collection. I did not account for a winged horse in the scenario...but I'd make it work! I'm primarily Avengers IW and EG, so elected not to pursue the Iron Scavenger. Thing is a beast though.

Anyone else see the new Sideshow video on YouTube of a preview of Valkyrie?? It only has like 5 views posted 2 days ago and I Can’t find it anywhere else but my TV. Looks as though changes have been made since we last saw her? Outfit Colouring and more fitted bodice. I really hope preorder finally happens!

Anyone else see the new Sideshow video on YouTube of a preview of Valkyrie?? It only has like 5 views posted 2 days ago and I Can’t find it anywhere else but my TV. Looks as though changes have been made since we last saw her? Outfit Colouring and more fitted bodice. I really hope preorder finally happens!

I've never heard of that. Valkyrie was missing from the girls lineup in the Endgame Captain Marvel preview photos, so unless there's an Endgame version on the horizon, I think chances are slim. Are you sure it was Sideshow and wasn't a knock-off figure company?

I've never heard of that. Valkyrie was missing from the girls lineup in the Endgame Captain Marvel preview photos, so unless there's an Endgame version on the horizon, I think chances are slim. Are you sure it was Sideshow and wasn't a knock-off figure company?

I've never heard of it either. And Okoye is missing from HT's group shot as well. IIRC, in the actual movie scene Valkyrie was in the background on her winged horse.

I was thinking the same thing. The figure he was referring to could be from a third party vendor. I only have Hot Toys figures in my collection but I would
certainly consider a third party version of Valkyrie if it looked good. I am not confident that Hot Toys is going to make one at this point ...of course I hope I’m wrong about that.

I was thinking the same thing. The figure he was referring to could be from a third party vendor. I only have Hot Toys figures in my collection but I would
certainly consider a third party version of Valkyrie if it looked good. I am not confident that Hot Toys is going to make one at this point ...of course I hope I?m wrong about that.

I took some screenshots, 100 percent Sideshow and not a third party. I always thought when Sideshow got a preview it was a pretty certain deal it would be up for preorder soon.

Sorry am absolutely useless with technology and don’t know how to upload?!

I took some screenshots, 100 percent Sideshow and not a third party. I always thought when Sideshow got a preview it was a pretty certain deal it would be up for preorder soon.

Sorry am absolutely useless with technology and don’t know how to upload?!

Great news, really looking forward to the screenshots! Don’t feel bad about having problems uploading, I find it very easy uploading photos from my PC to this forum, but it is trickier for me when I upload from my phone.

Great news, really looking forward to the screenshots! Don’t feel bad about having problems uploading, I find it very easy uploading photos from my PC to this forum, but it is trickier for me when I upload from my phone.

Thank you! I put it as my profile photo for now, and will get on a PC tomorrow, my phone keeps getting a error message tsk.
I still have no idea if there are restrictions on this video because I’ve tried to find it on two different phones but still nothing, only shows up via my tv. It’s currently up to a whole 15 views!

Thank you! I put it as my profile photo for now, and will get on a PC tomorrow, my phone keeps getting a error message tsk.
I still have no idea if there are restrictions on this video because I?ve tried to find it on two different phones but still nothing, only shows up via my tv. It?s currently up to a whole 15 views!

I just saw a video on Sideshow, is this the one you are talking about ...

Attachments

• 3903E881-E5DD-4436-A89C-A3EA3CEA6D4C.jpg
    3903E881-E5DD-4436-A89C-A3EA3CEA6D4C.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 758B8509-545F-44C6-A83C-BB40869DDBA0.jpeg
    758B8509-545F-44C6-A83C-BB40869DDBA0.jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 28A254E8-6685-4331-8DB4-F5983DB65D9B.jpeg
    28A254E8-6685-4331-8DB4-F5983DB65D9B.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 193
This does look better than the previous version IMO because of the arm, I can’t really remember how the outfit was different. I would definitely buy this if they produce it, that said I would much prefer the white outfit she wears a later in Ragnarok and Endgame.

I just saw a video on Sideshow, is this the one you are talking about ...

Yes! Thank you! I don?t feel mad now ha. I think when Sideshow get a prototype to show its a pretty good indication she?ll actually be coming. And totally agree would prefer endgame hair/outfit or Thor end outfit. But I?m really pleased I think the sculpt is fantastic!

Are you guys typing about this page?

No, I think she’s been up on coming soon for ages. This is an actual video of the hot toys being shown by Sideshow on YouTube. I don’t think they normally do that till they are certain it’s coming out. Especially to have the prototype in hand.

I cannot see them posting that video and not being told by Hot Toys that a preorder was coming soon.
With that said, make it happen Hot Toys! Expand that Ragnarok line! Korg and Grandmaster Next!!! :lol

Back