1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Valkyrie Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot see them posting that video and not being told by Hot Toys that a preorder was coming soon.
With that said, make it happen Hot Toys! Expand that Ragnarok line! Korg and Grandmaster Next!!! :lol

Would prefer the Endgame look, but will happily display this on my shelf with my other EG figures. Maybe a third party will do an EG outfit? I'm hesitant to assume this is coming soon, but it is a strange play for Sideshow to randomly pull that prototype out and share the video 3 days ago...

Would prefer the Endgame look, but will happily display this on my shelf with my other EG figures. Maybe a third party will do an EG outfit? I'm hesitant to assume this is coming soon, but it is a strange play for Sideshow to randomly pull that prototype out and share the video 3 days ago...

I?m not hundred percent sure how these things work, the only photos we?ve ever seen are from cons. Even the photo on ?coming soon? on their website is from the convention. How likely is it Sideshow would just have the model laying around to show? I tend to agree with post before I think they must have had a go ahead from Hot Toys.

I?m not hundred percent sure how these things work, the only photos we?ve ever seen are from cons. Even the photo on ?coming soon? on their website is from the convention. How likely is it Sideshow would just have the model laying around to show? I tend to agree with post before I think they must have had a go ahead from Hot Toys.

I was wondering the same thing. Why does Sideshow have the prototype? I would've thought HT would have it. Are there multiples? Have they had it for two years since the first reveal? Are they just being mean by teasing it? :)

I was wondering the same thing. Why does Sideshow have the prototype? I would've thought HT would have it. Are there multiples? Have they had it for two years since the first reveal? Are they just being mean by teasing it? :)

From other posts usually they do those videos when the product is actually going to drop on the website soon. And I?ve watched the video a few times and I don?t know it?s ifs quality/lighting but I certainly see some differences in colouring and fit of the bodice. Also there appears to be more of an expression - maybe it?s just cause it?s been so long!!

From other posts usually they do those videos when the product is actually going to drop on the website soon. And I?ve watched the video a few times and I don?t know it?s ifs quality/lighting but I certainly see some differences in colouring and fit of the bodice. Also there appears to be more of an expression - maybe it?s just cause it?s been so long!!

I hope you are right! Bring it!

Hopefully I'm wrong and this does mean she'll be released soon, but I'm thinking it's just one of the prototypes that HT made (this one for U.S. shows). It makes sense to me that their U.S. distributor would still have it. My guess is that with all of the delays with new product shipments due to COVID-19, Sideshow is running out of content to show on their YouTube & Instagram feeds. If it was coming soon IMO they'd be doing a better job of advertising it.

Am I correct in that we have seen three different prototypes of her so far?

The original on page 1 had arm joints, then later had the seamless arms, and this newest one seems to have some costume differences as well.

The original on page 1 had arm joints, then later had the seamless arms, and this newest one seems to have some costume differences as well.

IDK, I think it looks the same as back in Spring of 2018:

qiAppun.jpg

7Lvjdgc.jpg

snapshot_valkyrie.jpg

Hopefully I'm wrong and this does mean she'll be released soon, but I'm thinking it's just one of the prototypes that HT made (this one for U.S. shows). It makes sense to me that their U.S. distributor would still have it. My guess is that with all of the delays with new product shipments due to COVID-19, Sideshow is running out of content to show on their YouTube & Instagram feeds. If it was coming soon IMO they'd be doing a better job of advertising it.

They’ve posted it on their Instagram too now - there’s still a lot of stuff getting announced etc, I think we will see a preorder soon. Well fingers crossed! Because I’ve not been this excited for a hot toys in ages.

Yes I hope you are right!
But I will also hope that she comes in the white outfit even though this outfit is pretty cool.

I am encouraged by the fact that the Loki figure prototype from Ragnarok initially had the blue and yellow outfit when he was introduced at the shows etc, however Hot Toys actually released to figure it had the black and green outfit

3263528-sdcc-wednesday-338.jpg

you are correct. i remember this one.

I'm still a bit mystified why people prefer the white outfit so much. To me the black is just a much cooler and sexier look, and features a much stronger design. The white is kind of a jumbled mess in comparison, and not nearly as flattering on her.

valk.jpg

I'm still a bit mystified why people prefer the white outfit so much. To me the black is just a much cooler and sexier look, and features a much stronger design. The white is kind of a jumbled mess in comparison, and not nearly as flattering on her.

View attachment 484258

I see what you are saying, in the picture comparison the white outfit does look a bit baggy.
That said, at least for me I?m not saying that the black costume doesn?t look good, I think it is very cool, I just prefer the overall look of her in the white outfit. I like that I can see the details of the out fit better in the white outfit, I also like the contrast of the gold armor parts against the various fabrics.

Attachments

• B0EE60DC-1BD8-4A34-8476-8D69C30A9461.jpeg
    B0EE60DC-1BD8-4A34-8476-8D69C30A9461.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 87DDEFD6-7999-490D-8A1E-EC4507334C57.jpg
    87DDEFD6-7999-490D-8A1E-EC4507334C57.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 215
  • 95DD31B3-4B1A-4248-9815-175AA4F984DD.jpeg
    95DD31B3-4B1A-4248-9815-175AA4F984DD.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 213
Yeah I like the basic color scheme of the white and gold, but the way it was executed just doesn't work for me. Hopefully the next time we see it they'll have refined the design a bit more.

Yeah I like the basic color scheme of the white and gold, but the way it was executed just doesn't work for me. Hopefully the next time we see it they'll have refined the design a bit more.

Yeah it possible that they will do some things here and there to make it a little bit more neat fit.

Either way I am excited about the prospects of actually getting to order this figure!!

Even if they do make her in the white outfit it?s too bad this gun couldn?t be an accessory ...

Attachments

• 9CA54963-9156-47B1-B1EB-672230B9EF2F.jpg
    9CA54963-9156-47B1-B1EB-672230B9EF2F.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 206
Found an old comic-con video that has a few glimpses of her first prototype from the back. Her hair looks 100% sculpted. I wonder how much posing will be hindered. Maybe her bun will rotate?

Screenshot_2020-05-03 SDCC 2017 HOT TOYS THOR RAGNAROK FIGURES Sideshow Collectibles Booth Plane.jpg Screenshot_2020-05-03 SDCC 2017 HOT TOYS THOR RAGNAROK FIGURES Sideshow Collectibles Booth Plane.jpg Screenshot_2020-05-03 SDCC 2017 HOT TOYS THOR RAGNAROK FIGURES Sideshow Collectibles Booth Plane.jpg

Back