1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^Coming a bit late to the game, though I followed from afar (collecting 3 3/4") it seems like SS were a bit afraid of having to do too many sculpted pieces and preferred to do robes and Jedi--basically a head sculpt, soft goods, and the buck body.

There was a lot of that, yes. Jedis were made like troopers.

But then SS would make Praji... and never an Imperial was seen again. :dunno No Tarkin, no Death Squad guy, no Death Star Gunner, no Motti, no Tagge, no Imperial officer at all... except Praji...?

1eacdf5443f54bb1eb6d4405592ab7a6.jpg

^^Coming a bit late to the game, though I followed from afar (collecting 3 3/4") it seems like SS were a bit afraid of having to do too many sculpted pieces and preferred to do robes and Jedi--basically a head sculpt, soft goods, and the buck body.

Indeed. Of course, back in 2006 Sideshow didn't have much experience with armored pieces. All of their previous figures were pretty basic except for clothing and a head sculpt. Adding to that, people still cared about prequel figures in 2006 with some major gaps in Hasbro's previous offerings (especially ROTS). And thus, we got a deluge of prequel-era jedi. Still though, considering how big of a license Star Wars was, I am surprised Sideshow didn't take more risks early on to get the major armored characters out there.

They still make odd decisions with the line. I have no idea how they are justifying missing the current hype train by not offering even one Force Awakens figure for pre-order.

There was a lot of that, yes. Jedis were made like troopers.

But then SS would make Praji... and never an Imperial was seen again. :dunno No Tarkin, no Death Squad guy, no Death Star Gunner, no Motti, no Tagge, no Imperial officer at all... except Praji...?

That's definitely one of the weirder examples. And the Hoth Rebels... You'd have thought they would have made them to accompany their snow trooper, no?

Yup. They made Admiral Piett and Praji and that was it. Still waiting on Tarken, Admiral Ozzel, General Veers, and Captain Needa.

I have no idea how they are justifying missing the current hype train by not offering even one Force Awakens figure for pre-order.

Well, it's the "who does what between SSC and HT" question - one of SSC's specialities was supposed to be armored. Then comes HT's stormies, sandies and spacies(?)... and then like a half dozen TFA armored figs.

You'd think a TFA trooper would have been a given from SSC.

That's definitely one of the weirder examples. And the Hoth Rebels... You'd have thought they would have made them to accompany their snow trooper, no?

There are so many obvious things (like Hoth rebels) that SSC should have done but didn't.

Yup. They made Admiral Piett and Praji and that was it. Still waiting on Tarken, Admiral Ozzel, General Veers, and Captain Needa.

Veers is SO obviously a figure SSC should do. Same with Tarkin. Figs that would sell but HT has no interest to do.

I wonder if the announcement of the new trilogy forced them to re-organize what they were going to release? I'm sure a lot of figures got cancelled. I'm sure Sideshow will also be making TFA figures.

Do we know if SSC even has a TFA license?

Yes, with as close to 100% certainty without reading the contract ourselves, as confirmed by Sideshow multiple times on multiple occasions. They have placeholder links up already in their database for Kylo and Stormtrooper PFs too.

I'm itching to pull the trigger on this one. It'll be my first SW HT figure but I fear that once I start I won't be able to stop. If I get this then I just know I won't be able to resist the Sandtrooper and inevitable ESB Vader, Tie Pilot, AT-AT Driver and Snowtrooper figures. I sold off all of my SW Gentle Giant busts and vowed not to get into the black hole that is collecting high end SW stuff but the pull is getting too great. If I do though, I think I'll skip on the Deluxe version and just get the regular as I don't like the jet pack flames and don't think I'd ever use the Sarlacc diorama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm itching to pull the trigger on this one. It'll be my first SW HT figure but I fear that once I start I won't be able to stop. If I get this then I just know I won't be able to resist the Sandtrooper and inevitable ESB Vader, Tie Pilot, AT-AT Driver and Snowtrooper figures. I sold off all of my SW Gentle Giant busts and vowed not to get into the black hole that is collecting high end SW stuff but the pull is getting too great. If I do though, I think I'll skip on the Deluxe version and just get the regular as I don't like the jet pack flames and don't think I'd ever use the Sarlacc diorama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It can be a slippery slope. HT aren't making it easy either by releasing so many figures so soon. Maybe stick to the main characters rather than trying to get all the trooper variants because they really add up in cost.

Vader and Farmboy Luke are to be released soon, so the figures are certainly adding up now.

It can be a slippery slope. HT aren't making it easy either by releasing so many figures so soon. Maybe stick to the main characters rather than trying to get all the trooper variants because they really add up in cost.

Vader and Farmboy Luke are to be released soon, so the figures are certainly adding up now.

This. If you value your wallet, avoid the troopers like the plague. Fett and Phasma are "trooper" enough for me.

I think I'm gonna keep my PO for Fett. If the protos are correct, he's gonna have some insane weathering on the helmet! It looks so good! I need one Boba and I always liked his design in ROTJ. Even if his performance wasn't... up to par.

Back