1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I am looking at different pictures than you guys......or maybe I dont have the same rose colored glasses for everything SW.

This misses the mark just about every way possible....

The more I look at it the worse it gets.....looks like another mediocre SW entry from HT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if HT purposely made it this way, so they can release a better version for TLJ. Then because it would probably be noticeably better it'll make schmucks like me buy both lol.

Severe monkey arms and slight proportions issues aside, the figure looks good overall. Beard's maybe a bit off. The headsculpt does seem to capture Luke from a few angles, especially with the hood up to cover the "shower hair" look. It does seem more like Vogue male model Luke versus an old friend now rendered homeless Luke but HT also "prettied up" Ben a bit as well,

one thing I did notice is that HT got the tabbards/"vertical strips" color wrong - should be tan like the main torso color, not white like the sleeves - though it does make the outfit look a bit more visually interesting and "Jedi-ish."

remarkable how close they got the cape fabric. It's like the exact same color and weave.:clap

Belt buckle looks a little odd on the figure - almost like a little TV screen that's turning off as opposed to the more even weathering on the costume, but I'm guessing that will vary a lot figure to figure.

K99PITs.jpg

From that pic it looks like his tabard needs to cross above the obi. Or maybe it's the tunic part that crosses and the tabard is the lighter section. Not sure. Some futzing anyone?

Maybe I am looking at different pictures than you guys......or maybe I dont have the same rose colored glasses for everything SW.

This misses the mark just about every way possible....

The more I look at it the worse it gets.....looks like another mediocre SW entry from HT.

I have to agree as well. I think people here are trying to justify the final product. But the fact is for it's price, I expect a superior head sculpt first and foremost.
I can 100% say my pre-order is cancelled for Old Man Luke. [emoji4]

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thank goodness this board has unbiased members who don't wear protective eyewear to ensure we don't purchase simply to justify our choices......hallelujah 😏

Phew. For a minute I thought I must be going crazy! This really does look like HT spent the least amount of money and time on it. Terrible proportions. Clothes are ill fitting. Dang. That neck I swear. :guh

I probably would have canceled this had I not used RP on it. :lecture

^ Agreed that it doesn't look like a figure HT put a lot of effort into to me.

They'll make another one from TLJ in his dark brown outfit, and IMO the best bet would be to hold off on that if you want Luke - personally speaking only here, but that's what I would do if I wanted a Luke.

The sculpt looks off, the hair is off, too, and the outfit isn't accurate.... This figure looks so half baked to me.

Think I'm going to pass on this as much as I would like another Luke. Just not liking it overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. This Luke is going to take some TLC. I look forward to subscribing to the eventual TFA Luke Customs thread. :lol

Think I'm going to pass on this as much as I would like another Luke. Just not liking it overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah same here :( I would like an Old Luke for my collection, but I'll wait it out - hopefully there will be a Last Jedi version and it will be better.

This figure Lukes bad guys.

-Neck is too long

-Torso has bad fat suit padding

-his shoulders accentuate the neck issue

-the outfit is inaccurate

-it looks like a total rush job, even though it took SO LONG to come out

Hopefully they work towards building a better TLJ Luke.

Phew. For a minute I thought I must be going crazy! This really does look like HT spent the least amount of money and time on it. Terrible proportions. Clothes are ill fitting. Dang. That neck I swear. :guh

I probably would have canceled this had I not used RP on it. :lecture

Yeah one of HT's worst efforts in recent years...and people were complaining about Yoda...sheessh.

Hey remember he had the white lined tabards in the first spy photo? I think HT used that one as the reference.

Attachments

• tumblr_nt3szeQeiC1usmckfo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nt3szeQeiC1usmckfo1_1280.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 196
The worst part is the made him thin.......hamill does not have a thin face....at all....

Actually, ya know what, they are lighter in color in the film too. HT got it right after all. Just a tad too white but still not totally off like I thought.

image.jpeg

Back