1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoy the vid.

Great video. Your video and pics provide the best view of the sculpt I've seen thus far.

I still stand by my sentiments though from earlier. I think the likeness to Hamill is there and the face is weathered at least enough, but it's mainly the hair and the beard that throw off TFA Luke likeness for me.

Regardless, I'm still eager to receive him and pose him with my ROV Rey to recreate the final scene.

Great video. Your video and pics provide the best view of the sculpt I've seen thus far.

I still stand by my sentiments though from earlier. I think the likeness to Hamill is there and the face is weathered at least enough, but it's mainly the hair and the beard that throw off TFA Luke likeness for me.

Regardless, I'm still eager to receive him and pose him with my ROV Rey to recreate the final scene.

A rooted hairstyle would have benefited this figure slightly more, especially with a little bit more lift. I'm sure there will be some folks who will customize HS on this figure, however I don't have the big bucks right now for that endeavor. I'm sure the end result would be magnificent though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review! I will say the likeness does seem to be a lot stronger in your closeup shots, especially when you can see the amazing detail they put in. But from a distance... it still just doesn't seem to be working well for me, and the head starts looking a bit too thin and angular again, and the expression a bit too angry. Not exactly sure why that is.

"Let's pretend they didn't kill you off, and we save the galaxy one more time....."[emoji91]
f5d3788c3796418d6511a08edb482e59.jpg

Something about the proportions are still really bugging me. That neck is too long. I'm having a hard time getting over that. I'm surprised I'm the only one talking about it.

Relative height to each other seems good. Not really bothered by Luke's neck for my part. It doesn't seem that long compared to Han's in that pic :dunno

I don't notice the neck as much as I do the barrel chest and smallish waist. That being said, they look amazing together.

I just hope we get to see them together in flashbacks in TLJ. It'd be a crying shame if we don't.

Ditto. I was talking about that a little while ago too in one of my reviews a few months back. It wouldn't be the typical female that they make, however I hope they would make an exception in this case.

Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 11.39.44 PM.jpg

This is where it really looks like the neck is too tall on the body. Digging the figure and thanks for the review. The hood definitely obscures the elongated neck.

The hood definitely obscures the elongated neck.

And the inaccurate hair. :lecture

Although I was just thinking, I wonder if perhaps HT made the hair like that purposefully so as to allow for the hood to fit over the sculpt more smoothly? With wind blown sculpted hair, I'd imagine it'd be difficult to fit the hood over that and/or potentially risk damaging one of the protruding strands of hair.

The hair doesn't bother me. It's a little vidal Sassoon, but I can live with it. Neck needs a fixin though.

"Let's pretend they didn't kill you off, and we save the galaxy one more time....."[emoji91]
f5d3788c3796418d6511a08edb482e59.jpg

I like the figure overall (and great review), but those are some strange body proportions - big barrel chest and seemingly very short legs... and Luke's left hand in this pic is one of the worst cases of monkey arms since the old Sideshow Luke Jedi. His left hand almost seems to come down to his knees. Is the hand pushed all the way in the wrist socket?

Back