1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

no reviews on new Chewie yet?

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

I love how the snow jacket was so detailed. In the film it was hard too tell because he was always running around or squatting with it on so It was hard to tell how it really looked IMO:clap

Not really sure about the design myself. And if I do display him with the parka it'll probably be kept open and without the gloves (like during his shootout with the Stormtroopers when they reentered the base), since I think it would look a bit cooler that way.

Not really sure about the design myself. And if I do display him with the parka it'll probably be kept open and without the gloves (like during his shootout with the Stormtroopers when they reentered the base), since I think it would look a bit cooler that way.

I have always assumed that I'd display him without the parka, but the photos definitely make me think about different options. This is going to be a very eye-catching figure!

Jacket on, all the way. And I don't even have the figure ordered. looks fantastic though

Just snagged a preorder on bbts. I'm not sure why they keep saying he's sold out then available. Fingers crossed it guarantees one. Bbts has never let me down.

Just snagged a preorder on bbts. I'm not sure why they keep saying he's sold out then available. Fingers crossed it guarantees one. Bbts has never let me down.

If you have an order in you are safe. Orders open up when someone else cancels.

I wish sideshow would get these guys already!!!

Anyone get their Han notice yet?

if anyone here can make the new Chewie look as good as the ANH one can look, I'll submit myself for public shamming:

View attachment 327377

not my pic, but my lord! That is the best I've ever seen

Does anybody know where I can find the posts where Matrix explained his technique for this awesome chewie?!

Agreed. It looks like he just bought it off the rack. I might have to try a bit of drybrushing on mine or rubbing it with chalk pastel or something to give it more of a weathered look.

I've always found drybrushing on pleather to end up a bit shiny (to the point of almost being sticky) despite constant matte clear applications. It just doesn't seem to accept acrylic very well I guess because it's some kind of paint coating itself.

I'm probably just going to leave Han's jacket unless someone comes up with a risk-free weathering - maybe pastels will be it.

I've always found drybrushing on pleather to end up a bit shiny (to the point of almost being sticky) despite constant matte clear applications. It just doesn't seem to accept acrylic very well I guess because it's some kind of paint coating itself.

I'm probably just going to leave Han's jacket unless someone comes up with a risk-free weathering - maybe pastels will be it.

Tamiya weathering powders will do the trick :wink1:

Another delay notice on Old Han :*(

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Got a delay notice on the 2-pack this morning.

Bummer, but it makes sense. Usually it's about a month between the release in Asia and the US.

Back