1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually never even lit up any of my figures that have that function. I have the civil war iron man and never cracked the batteries..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I actually never even lit up any of my figures that have that function. I have the civil war iron man and never cracked the batteries..

Same here never opened the batteries on any of my IM figures and ones that came with batteries i took them out.

You have to light them up / test them. I open and test any figures with electronic functions of any kind.
I mean if there is a defect somewhere by the time you do eventually find out there is a malfunctioning part you won't be able to return or replace the figure because the stock is gone.
I had to return a Mark III and a War Machine because some light up features were buggy.
I also never buy a figure on the secondary market that has electronic features if I don't have proof that it is functioning properly.
If they say sorry the figure is sealed, I say I am not interested.
Just my advice.

I have been buying, selling and trading figures for a long time.
I always open and inspect every figure regardless if it has electronic components or not.
I watch review videos and read forums to learn what the problems are and then check the figure for these faults.
Then I pack them away and store them after I have taken a few pics of poses showing off the workmanship of these figures.
My favorite figures ever has been my Deadpool by Hot Toys and my Iron Giant by Mondo.

Same. I think I lit the hammer on my AoU Thor once or twice, but otherwise I never used any of the light up functions on any of my figures. I just can't be bothered to go into my display case and move everything around to flip a switch, just to unflip it a short while later. Not worth it. They look cool enough without the lights on.

I just can't be bothered to go into my display case and move everything around to flip a switch, just to unflip it a short while later. Not worth it. They look cool enough without the lights on.

I used to think the same. That is, until...

Li2j3Xo.jpg

You have to light them up / test them. I open and test any figures with electronic functions of any kind.
I mean if there is a defect somewhere by the time you do eventually find out there is a malfunctioning part you won't be able to return or replace the figure because the stock is gone.
I had to return a Mark III and a War Machine because some light up features were buggy.
I also never buy a figure on the secondary market that has electronic features if I don't have proof that it is functioning properly.
If they say sorry the figure is sealed, I say I am not interested.
Just my advice.

I agree and i used to do that (SS replaced a Stark figure that the chest would not light up). But i don't care about the lights anymore, some are real pain to get the screws loose and if i ever sell them (I doubt i will) i will let the buyer know the lights have never been tested and if i get less for it because of that i can live with it.

I used to think the same. That is, until...

Li2j3Xo.jpg

I don't understand what they were thinking when they decided to not include some transparent red plastic for the eyes there. I mean, they had to have known that there were very few people, if any, that'll keep it on at all times.

This is what I am saying. These figures come to life with light up and electronic features but people settle for not turning them on because of the hassle involved with batteries etc. or some can do without light up features as stated above. A remote light up system will greatly change people's perspective if they did not have to open multiple flaps to turn switches on and off. The die cast is nice but not a necessity for iron man figures. A remote light up system is the better option if I had to choose one or the other to offset the cost.

I remember showing some guests my Iron Man figures at a party once. They lost interest as soon as I took them out of the case and started opening all the flaps and hitting all the switches. It would be so much cooler to just push a button without touching the figure and see the lights come on and maybe an arc reactor or repulsor power up sound effect.

What type of articulation can we expect out of this figure? The Homemade suit appears to have a wide range of motion but I fear this one won't for some reason.

What type of articulation can we expect out of this figure? The Homemade suit appears to have a wide range of motion but I fear this one won't for some reason.

If the articulation is on par with the amazing spider man 2 figure I'll be happy enough. I'd be afraid to do much more than that to be honest for fear of permanently stretching out the suit.

This is what I am saying. These figures come to life with light up and electronic features but people settle for not turning them on because of the hassle involved with batteries etc. or some can do without light up features as stated above. A remote light up system will greatly change people's perspective if they did not have to open multiple flaps to turn switches on and off. The die cast is nice but not a necessity for iron man figures. A remote light up system is the better option if I had to choose one or the other to offset the cost.
That's exactly how I feel. I have plenty of battery operated figures and never used any! I even have the civil war iron man and never cracked the batteries open. 26 batteries? Sorry, I'm too lazy..

HT has used remotes before for some figures like ED-209 for the audio effects. And for the Batman Armory, theres a remote to turn on the lights. I was hoping it would become a regular feature but they havn't gone back to it.

It must be really complicated to design because each of the lights on an Iron Man figure are not inter-connected. They each have individual switches. Because you can't have wires going through a figure with so many moving parts. So each light would need its own remote. Or possibly one remote with a dial to change frequencies to respond to individual receivers for each light. :dunno

HT has used remotes before for some figures like ED-209 for the audio effects. And for the Batman Armory, theres a remote to turn on the lights. I was hoping it would become a regular feature but they havn't gone back to it.

It must be really complicated to design because each of the lights on an Iron Man figure are not inter-connected. They each have individual switches. Because you can't have wires going through a figure with so many moving parts. So each light would need its own remote. Or possibly one remote with a dial to change frequencies to respond to individual receivers for each light. :dunno

Maybe you are right but it could be simplified. One remote with an outline of the figure on it with a button on each major part that lights up. On an Iron Man there could be as little as 5 buttons. Head, Chest, Left Hand, Right Hand and then one button for whole body. It may be feasible, as I said I would gladly give up the die cast aspect for the remote light up feature to offset the cost. Figures with just one light up feature like Star Lord or K2SO makes it even simpler. I mean we know the Iron Spider from Infinity war will most likely light up depending on the eye design they go with. Star Wars figures that come with lightsabers etc would work well also. The sound effects are not as important but that would be awesome as well. Just a thought and a dream.

The sound effects are not as important but that would be awesome as well. Just a thought and a dream.

Hot Toys included a remote for some great quotes with A New Hope Darth Vader. But it was poorly implemented. You still had to undress your Vader to flip a reset switch on his back if you let about twelve minutes go by without using the remote. I’m hoping they get that kind of thing right in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back