1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really annoyed with the hella early drop, but I'm pretty impressed with the figure anyway.

Some of the pictures are terrible though. Not the figure, but the quality of the images.
I know! It feels like the time I went out to eat and they brought our freaking apps out at the same time as the meal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The knees look a little weird in a lot of the pictures Hot Toys put up, but other than that, what a beautiful looking figure. I'm actually stoked this got released early, can't wait to get it!

The knees look a little weird in a lot of the pictures Hot Toys put up, but other than that, what a beautiful looking figure. I'm actually stoked this got released early, can't wait to get it!

Yeah that's....bugging... me. I think...are they double jointed? Its weird looking. I'm not impressed with this figure honestly, maybe upset I have to buy it :lol I don't like the body they used for this so I hope it can be swapped out for another with better knees and shape. I'm also disappointed in the suit material. It looks very similar to the Amazing Spider-man figures and has those creases. Hot Toys need to develop some new material

I think you're right that it's double jointed, now that I look at the pictures again. I'm guessing it was a necessity for a lot of the posing options with this figure.

Yeah that's....bugging... me. I think...are they double jointed? Its weird looking. I'm not impressed with this figure honestly, maybe upset I have to buy it :lol I don't like the body they used for this so I hope it can be swapped out for another with better knees and shape. I'm also disappointed in the suit material. It looks very similar to the Amazing Spider-man figures and has those creases. Hot Toys need to develop some new material

Yeah I'm not a fan of that material either. It's kept me from putting my BvS Superman in any kind of action pose because the creases that result are so ugly and distracting.

Oh wow, I had to double take when I saw the Facebook pictures so soon. I haven’t been buying these figures that long but this seems like it must be really out of the ordinary for HT to deliver so early, even if it’s still a couple months before SSC gets it. May have to push my payment plan ahead and complete my Civil War setup sooner.

Man, is this the earliest release HT has ever done? From July to January, half a year early. Awesome.

Anyway, its a very nice final product but I'm going to hold off and get the Iron Spider from IW.

Figure looks ok. Was really hoping they would fix the neck. Also the material on the suit is way off. Was hoping for a more silky material like in the movie

Figure looks ok. Was really hoping they would fix the neck. Also the material on the suit is way off. Was hoping for a more silky material like in the movie
Yeah, I thought we'd get more of that hard cloth with a bit of fuzziness, like we saw in the movie. I'm sure they tried all different types of material and went with what worked the best. Or maybe they just recycled from previous. Who knows. But with how both spiderman figures look, I think the homecoming suit will be my action pose figure and the Hero suit will be more a museum pose. My DD, MoS, BvS and deadpool keep more of a museum pose due to the suit fabrics.

I think this looks quite good. But I just watched DeanKnight’s top figures of 2017 video and he points out that his Black Panther figure has some fairly unsightly permanent creases around his hips where he had been posed in a slightly more dynamic pose. Those sorta stories kinda puts me off picking up these figures with the skin tight outfits. Sure, you could just use museum poses but wouldn’t part of the reason for picking up a Spider-Man figure be to pose him in some cool ways?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think this looks quite good. But I just watched DeanKnight’s top figures of 2017 video and he points out that his Black Panther figure has some fairly unsightly permanent creases around his hips where he had been posed in a slightly more dynamic pose. Those sorta stories kinda puts me off picking up these figures with the skin tight outfits. Sure, you could just use museum poses but wouldn’t part of the reason for picking up a Spider-Man figure be to pose him in some cool ways?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You're absolutely right, but like you mentioned above, those creases could damage a pretty expensive figure.. It definitely kills me that the one figure that deserves a crazy pose, just can't handle it..

The deadpool had to be put in that pose because at one time, I had him in a slightly more dynamic pose and his knee pad peeled off after 6 months. There was also another issue, but I really can't remember.. The superman figure is my very first hot toy, so I've taken more precaution with him. A little knee & elbow bend and it's a pose I've been happy with since 2013 (with sometimes doing a bit of tweaking here and there). I put my winter soldier away recently because I just don't have the room, but after a year, his straps became extremely brittle and most pouches started to unglue. I guess it just happens, but for the amount we spend on these figures, I hoped to get a longer shelf life out of them. I've heard others have worse experience in shorter amount of time and others who have figures for years and are still in pristine condition.
35f4efe843cee7253abcfd2e7b2b82d4.jpg
576577f4501ec600c0e3dcf5f888ae86.jpg
d8e6edb0a551098085e76875df1e1735.jpg

I'd love to pose my Hot Toys but due to previous issues, i always have them in straight standing poses. I hate having a Spider-Man just standing there but I really don't want to put wear on that costume.

That all being said, the recent pictures have me hyped, figure looks great!

I'd love to pose my Hot Toys but due to previous issues, i always have them in straight standing poses. I hate having a Spider-Man just standing there but I really don't want to put wear on that costume.

That all being said, the recent pictures have me hyped, figure looks great!

You are better off buying a boring static statue then.....the material on the suit is actually making me pass on this...

You are better off buying a boring static statue then.....the material on the suit is actually making me pass on this...

Statues just don't do it for me other than a few. I can at least pose my Hot Toys and mess with accessories time to time. I just don't leave them in poses more than a few hours or days.

Mine are in museum poses too. I just can't put them in overly dynamic poses after all the bucks these things cost.

That's why I take all the pics I want of my figs in dynamic poses first and then put them in museum poses when I put them on my display shelf. :) I can just always look back on the pics.

Back