1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The case study is ASM2. I no longer own my 2 copies of the figure, as I eventually sold them in anticipation of a Civil War Spidey (turned out to be Homecoming -- quite the wait).

Anyway, I didn't get totally crazy with poses, but I didn't hesitate to move him -- there are photos in the ASM2 thread, buried by now no doubt.

Bent legs, outstretched arms, spread legs -- Spidey-stuff. I was more concerned with the seams than the actual material.

Some of the poses would last only hours or days, but one in particular I left for a couple of months.

Upon taking the limbs back to neutral, the suit's blue areas had creases and pouching where it was bunched and stretched out.

After smoothing the suit back into place, I held the figure over a kettle and gave it a light steaming. I was careful with this as even a tea-kettle can produce very hot steam, so I was mindful of not over-heating and melting the plastic-y elements of the blue suit areas.

The suit shaped itself back into place, good-as-new and retained its finish, colour and elasticity.

How many times can you do that? I don't know. At the end of the day these pieces are a trade-off -- obviously not as robust as traditional action figures for all the obvious 1/6 scale reasons.

In videos the blue areas on the Homecoming suit look to be similar if not identical to the fabric used for the ASM2 suit, but only an in-hand inspection will confirm that.

Even then, maybe the fabric is a different blend of materials and will react differently, who knows?

But I do think this is the best 1/6 Spidey to date, and won't hesitate to (carefully) pose him up. Will get 2 copies anyway so I'll have a pristine, museum-ready piece, besides, I want to display one with the Holland head.

I'd go slowly, be mindful of the stretching and careful of seams. I'm really not that worried, but I'm also careful.

:goodpost:
Thank you very much for this. This is really helpful information. I hope you don't mind but I re-posted this as a quote in another thread I just started about this issue. Thanks again. Great stuff.

Oh and if you ever find the pictures you took that you mentioned that are now buried in old threads and want to repost them in the new thread about this issue it would be great too. I look forward to hearing what you think of the specific material of new Spider-Man and how you think it compares with the AMS 2 version when it comes to this issue.

My asm1 suit around the knees are a little stretched out from a pose I had it in for a long time.
Not to worried about it though
Almost bought this from timcent earlier today but I'll be patient and try to get a good deal, something the old me wouldn't do

My asm1 suit around the knees are a little stretched out from a pose I had it in for a long time.
Not to worried about it though

you should try the steam method on it and see what happens.

:goodpost:
Thank you very much for this. This is really helpful information. I hope you don't mind but I re-posted this as a quote in another thread I just started about this issue. Thanks again. Great stuff.

Oh and if you ever find the pictures you took that you mentioned that are now buried in old threads and want to repost them in the new thread about this issue it would be great too. I look forward to hearing what you think of the specific material of new Spider-Man and how you think it compares with the AMS 2 version when it comes to this issue.

No worries. Those images are stuck on a spare hard drive somewhere, won't be digging those up too soon, but here's an early one, post #3331 in the ASM2 thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...g-spider-2-spider-figure-334.html#post7433234

Some more here, starting at post #4021:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...g-spider-2-spider-figure-403.html#post8260345

More here, starting at #3526:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ms244-amazing-spider-2-spider-figure-353.html

And this old one:

spidey.jpg

In the last one the figure's just on a clear acrylic stand blown out by the white background.

No worries. Those images are stuck on a spare hard drive somewhere, won't be digging those up too soon, but here's an early one, post #3331 in the ASM2 thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...g-spider-2-spider-figure-334.html#post7433234

Some more here, starting at post #4021:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...g-spider-2-spider-figure-403.html#post8260345

More here, starting at #3526:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ms244-amazing-spider-2-spider-figure-353.html

And this old one:

View attachment 385897

In the last one the figure's just on a clear acrylic stand blown out by the white background.

Nice pose..i’ll Try that with HC :clap

There is no denying that ASM2 had the most accurate Spidey suit to the comics, that I will say

bad move......
tumblr_oo4zkdOqCA1vfmsbyo1_500.gif

:lol
You could always re-order it, it looks like its a pretty nice figure to have and probably the only version of this Spidey we will get
Well played :lol

I did lose the nrd, but I also have $90 in rp, so it wouldn’t be a huge loss if I reordered

There is no denying that ASM2 had the most accurate Spidey suit to the comics, that I will say
Never liked the raised webbings design (ever since raimi's) and the colors could be a little brighter. But yes everything else is perfect.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If I hadn't seen the infinity war trailer, I would probably have bought this even though I have Spiderman 3 and ASM2 versions.

This one is nice, even with that ugly black trim, but knowing an even better one is coming, and I'm sure it'll be one of the first infinity war figures up for preorder, I think I'll stick with passing on this. Still a nice figure though.

As far as the material, I have my ASM 2 version in mid web swing pose, it's one of my favorites.

If anything, seeing the IW trailer reinforced my decision to PO. I don’t think any new Spidey costume could top the classic one…ever.

I really hope his classic suit shows up in Infinity War and or Avengers 4.

It's in there unless it was cut out. There been a lot of "spy" pics and videos of the making of infinity war, but like I said, it could be cut out, but at least it was shot.

I just canceled my preorder on this from BBTS. Not sure how they work as far as making it available but figured I’d post a heads up if anybody is looking.

Wait a sec, are those light up eyes at 4:44?

The instant kill eyes? I don't remember this being advertised as a feature.

Back