1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the plunge and preordered the deluxe. Now heres to hoping the movies actually good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The positive about the 1 year out date is that it does give me time to see how IW is and see the costume in that and then later decide if I'd actually like to keep this figure or get the later one if one does come out for IW

Never understood the mentality of buying a figure only if the movie was good. If I like the character or design I'll get it regardless. Example ASM 2,movie sucked pretty much but the suit rocked. Suicide squad,movie really sucked,but liked Harleys portrayal or let's be real dat ass. On the flip side I actually enjoyed ASM 1 but hated that damn suit,bought it anyway on the cheap because I'm collecting every HT Spiderman. Passing on the deluxe cause I'll never use the extras and can't stand having an incomplete set so I'd never sell em either.

Pre ordered the deluxe set! this is alos my first figure pre order through sideshow!! im stoked!
super happy!!

Never understood the mentality of buying a figure only if the movie was good. If I like the character or design I'll get it regardless. Example ASM 2,movie sucked pretty much but the suit rocked. Suicide squad,movie really sucked,but liked Harleys portrayal or let's be real dat ass. On the flip side I actually enjoyed ASM 1 but hated that damn suit,bought it anyway on the cheap because I'm collecting every HT Spiderman. Passing on the deluxe cause I'll never use the extras and can't stand having an incomplete set so I'd never sell em either.

Because $250 is a lot to spend on something from a movie you don't like

I agree with this.^

For me, I really don't care how much a movie sucks. That has no factor in my purchase decision process. If I like the character, then I will get the figure.

Iv'e still never even sen the movie ASM2 cause I know it sucked hard, yet I bought the HT figure cause it's the best looking Spidey to date, and most comic accurate. For me, at least. I wouldn't take the ASM1 Spidey for free.. :ohbfrank: ... :drool

And not cause I hated the movie, it's just a terrible suit.

I am with you guys on that. I am more worried with QC issues than the movie being nice if I like the figure/character design.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Everything no matter what the cost and time being designed can have QC issues, Food, Shoes, Cars, Buildings, Aircraft, Rockets, Ships, etc.

Absolutely.

I'm just saying that we shouldn't see the QC issues of the past repeat themselves. Like the strange black spots that popped up on the ASM2 Spidey. Hot Toys should take the lessons of the past figures to improve the future. If new issues pop up well...only time will tell.

But what if you hate the movie but like the suit?

I agree with this.^

For me, I really don't care how much a movie sucks. That has no factor in my purchase decision process. If I like the character, then I will get the figure.

Depends. I bought the first Amazing Spiderman suit because I liked the new take on it. The movie was trash (to me), but I loved how different it looked, so I bought it. I also love the look of Harley in Suicide Squad, but hate the movie. Didn't buy the figure that time. I've been on both sides of this plenty, so I get wanting something because of how it looks, not because of what it represents. But my point is that when someone says that they "never understood the mentality of buying a figure only if the movie was good", I'm saying i'm not quite sure what there is to not understand. $200+ for a doll is steep, so enjoying the movie probably factors into this for more people than you might think.

Last edited:
Oh I do get that definitely. This hobby is way too expensive to just get whatever you want. I think those that do not understand that mentality probably thinks that if you like the character or design it should be enough to make you want to get it. But liking the movie along with the design helps push you over the fence to get the figure as prices are steep.

But for me, I choose to get the figure based on the design now as it helps save cost. Movie may or may not be great but at least I have an ideal figure of a character I want to represent in my collection. Though sometimes movie hype gets me...

But what if you hate the movie but like the suit?

Iv'e still never even sen the movie ASM2 cause I know it sucked hard, yet I bought the HT figure cause it's the best looking Spidey to date, and most comic accurate. For me, at least. I wouldn't take the ASM1 Spidey for free.. :ohbfrank: ... :drool

And not cause I hated the movie, it's just a terrible suit.

I am with you guys on that. I am more worried with QC issues than the movie being nice if I like the figure/character design.

Obviously, everyone is entitled to buy as they want and as it suits their collection. But pretend ( if you can ) the figures / interpretations of these characters existed without movie affiliations. Would you buy them based on liking them for what they physically are as opposed to an association to a movie?

Thats how I look at all Hot Toys. For example, all of the HPP Iron Man suits are great looking in their own way. I don't need to see them in a movie or any other way to like them for what they are. As much screen time as Mark VI got in 2 different movies doesn't make it any easier or harder to make than Subzero or Gunmetal.

I own the other 4 versions of Spiderman, and am on the fence with these because I've gotten away from buying anything not Iron Man related. But I still want both the homemade suit and this suit. But thats all just my opinion and my way of thinking.

It just helps me limit my collection and spending. Figure has to be good, suit has to be good, movie has to be good, and I have to love the character. But that's just me. It helps me keep a quality of figures rather than a number of figures that I'd look back on and say "I could've bought something else with that money"

On a side note...did everyone see that BBTS is doing $4 flat rate shipping for pretty much everything? Along with no sales tax for most people and them double boxing everything I don't see why anyone would order from Sideshow with the exception of exclusives. I live in San Diego and it costs almost $40 more to buy something from them. The rewards points and coupons don't cover that discrepancy.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

On a side note...did everyone see that BBTS is doing $4 flat rate shipping for pretty much everything? Along with no sales tax for most people and them double boxing everything I don't see why anyone would order from Sideshow with the exception of exclusives. I live in San Diego and it costs almost $40 more to buy something from them. The rewards points and coupons don't cover that discrepancy.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I saw that. I typically purchase from Sideshow (obviously exclusives) for the reward points but their high shipping prices don't really make it worth it and even more so now with that. I have the deluxe Spidey with BBTS and a few others. Seems like they will be getting more and more of my orders.

Oh I do get that definitely. This hobby is way too expensive to just get whatever you want. I think those that do not understand that mentality probably thinks that if you like the character or design it should be enough to make you want to get it. But liking the movie along with the design helps push you over the fence to get the figure as prices are steep.

But for me, I choose to get the figure based on the design now as it helps save cost. Movie may or may not be great but at least I have an ideal figure of a character I want to represent in my collection. Though sometimes movie hype gets me...

Obviously, everyone is entitled to buy as they want and as it suits their collection. But pretend ( if you can ) the figures / interpretations of these characters existed without movie affiliations. Would you buy them based on liking them for what they physically are as opposed to an association to a movie?

Thats how I look at all Hot Toys. For example, all of the HPP Iron Man suits are great looking in their own way. I don't need to see them in a movie or any other way to like them for what they are. As much screen time as Mark VI got in 2 different movies doesn't make it any easier or harder to make than Subzero or Gunmetal.

I own the other 4 versions of Spiderman, and am on the fence with these because I've gotten away from buying anything not Iron Man related. But I still want both the homemade suit and this suit. But thats all just my opinion and my way of thinking.

Hit the nail on the head both of ya. Thats my way of thinking when it comes to these figures.

It just helps me limit my collection and spending. Figure has to be good, suit has to be good, movie has to be good, and I have to love the character. But that's just me. It helps me keep a quality of figures rather than a number of figures that I'd look back on and say "I could've bought something else with that money"

Very good thanks for the insight:)

I saw that. I typically purchase from Sideshow (obviously exclusives) for the reward points but their high shipping prices don't really make it worth it and even more so now with that. I have the deluxe Spidey with BBTS and a few others. Seems like they will be getting more and more of my orders.

Yeah they're getting my next 2 orders, Spidey and the DC Mk5. I live in CA so not having to pay sales tax, $20 for shipping, and an extra $10 to be packed out is more than enough to make up for missing out on the RP's from SS.

Back