1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't it be awesome if hot toys releases a main characters figure the day of release? Movie release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but I don't think it is feasible. I do think they could at least try to get them out as they re-appear in a future film. BvS Wonder woman is an example that comes to mind, it would have been nice if it could've hit the US market the week prior to the solo movie release.

This Spider-man looks fantastic and it's great to see that Hot Toys added features to the body underneath so you can see some of the lean muscularity.

A couple other comments (if they've been mentioned before...my bad).

1. It looks like they decided to go another route with the cloth over the head. It appears like the cloth head is a completely separate piece from the neck and "not connected" by the cloth from the suit (which we saw on the Spidey 3 and ASM Spider-man figures.). One of the issues of the last ASM2 Spidey was the stitching on the head was unsightly on some figures, it disrupted the "webbing" pattern and there were reports of the threads getting loose. It appears like we still have some light stitching ON TOP of the head (it also looks much thinner than the ASM2 Spidey) but there's no stitching on the bottom. This is a smart move in my opinion that will help alleviate some of the issues from the previous Spider-man figures and it allows Hot Toys to "hide" any additional stitching along the underside (and inside) of the head-sculpt where it connects to the neck.

2. The year-out timeline sucks...it does. But this gives Hot Toys NO EXCUSES to not get this figure right the first time out. There should be ZERO QUALITY ISSUES (once again...at their price-point, this should be standard). This is their fourth time doing a Spider-man incarnation (I'm only counting the "main suit" and not figures that are essentially 'the same' like the Black and Red/Blue Spidey 3 figures) and while the others have been solid for the most part, this is looking to be the best of the bunch. The full-body suit has always been a challenge for Hot Toys but thankfully some elements of the suit design work for Hot Toys' benefit (like the black web-shooters cover up the wrist area). They should also ensure we don't see factory mistakes like the horrible "black oil" residues that we saw on the ASM2 Spidey.

I wish we already knew what his suit is going to look like in IW. I thought of waiting for that one but I do like the design of this suit. I only need one Spider-Man so if I go with this one I hope I don't like the IW suit/figure way better or anything.

Q3 next year is a long time to wait. Like it's been said that should be good enough reason for HT to get it right without major QC issues. I'm not sure how I feel about preordering figures this far in advance though.

This Spider-man looks fantastic and it's great to see that Hot Toys added features to the body underneath so you can see some of the lean muscularity.

A couple other comments (if they've been mentioned before...my bad).

1. It looks like they decided to go another route with the cloth over the head. It appears like the cloth head is a completely separate piece from the neck and "not connected" by the cloth from the suit (which we saw on the Spidey 3 and ASM Spider-man figures.). One of the issues of the last ASM2 Spidey was the stitching on the head was unsightly on some figures, it disrupted the "webbing" pattern and there were reports of the threads getting loose. It appears like we still have some light stitching ON TOP of the head (it also looks much thinner than the ASM2 Spidey) but there's no stitching on the bottom. This is a smart move in my opinion that will help alleviate some of the issues from the previous Spider-man figures and it allows Hot Toys to "hide" any additional stitching along the underside (and inside) of the head-sculpt where it connects to the neck.

2. The year-out timeline sucks...it does. But this gives Hot Toys NO EXCUSES to not get this figure right the first time out. There should be ZERO QUALITY ISSUES (once again...at their price-point, this should be standard). This is their fourth time doing a Spider-man incarnation (I'm only counting the "main suit" and not figures that are essentially 'the same' like the Black and Red/Blue Spidey 3 figures) and while the others have been solid for the most part, this is looking to be the best of the bunch. The full-body suit has always been a challenge for Hot Toys but thankfully some elements of the suit design work for Hot Toys' benefit (like the black web-shooters cover up the wrist area). They should also ensure we don't see factory mistakes like the horrible "black oil" residues that we saw on the ASM2 Spidey.
If they released a character back-to-back with the same issue... well, I know I'd never buy another from them again. It's bad enough their two ASM Spidey figures even had huge issues in the first place.

They definitely have to get it right this time. Could just be superstition, but all my Hot Toys figures that are from Disney/Marvel owned films have been pretty much solid releases. Granted, this one is kind of co-owned. Either way, it's about time the character got treated proper. He's my second favorite comic-book hero.

Everything no matter what the cost and time being designed can have QC issues, Food, Shoes, Cars, Buildings, Aircraft, Rockets, Ships, etc.

The very first picture I saw for this release was a "Deluxe" picture with the DC Mark XLVII at his side. I thought, "Wow! The Deluxe comes with the DC XLVII!"...but then the realization hit me...

No real interest in any iteration of Spidey for some strange reason...

The very first picture I saw for this release was a "Deluxe" picture with the DC Mark XLVII at his side. I thought, "Wow! The Deluxe comes with the DC XLVII!"...but then the realization hit me...

Ok......you must have spidey if you love marvel!

Last edited:

Wow! Probably my top two superheroes actually are spidey and deadpool! ... wolverine, batman, joker, cat woman , hulk and iron man are others that I love to the core. Everything else is well here or there.

But among them all / spidey always is someone I really really liked and this is the first time I actually like the casting for spidey! Holland fits the bill / bulls eye!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish we already knew what his suit is going to look like in IW. I thought of waiting for that one but I do like the design of this suit. I only need one Spider-Man so if I go with this one I hope I don't like the IW suit/figure way better or anything.

Q3 next year is a long time to wait. Like it's been said that should be good enough reason for HT to get it right without major QC issues. I'm not sure how I feel about preordering figures this far in advance though.

I had the exact same thought, but given that infinity war comes out May 2018 I think we might have a good look at any new suit well before this figure drops. I went ahead and pre-ordered thinking we'll have plenty of time to cancel should anything cooler show up.

A release date that far out makes me think they aren't even close to making the proto into production

Well, Spider-man is probably in the top five of the most recognizable superheroes in the world and he's certainly the most relatable, in terms of his overall character.

And Civil War has been out long enough now that it's on Netflix and circulating on movie channels. I could understand if, say... we were talking about a girlfriend who dozes off even during Wonder Woman. We're all geeks here though. :panic:

I had the exact same thought, but given that infinity war comes out May 2018 I think we might have a good look at any new suit well before this figure drops. I went ahead and pre-ordered thinking we'll have plenty of time to cancel should anything cooler show up.

That's a plan there as well. I think we'll surely see his suit sometime this year during the trailers. If only there were no NRD's at Sideshow. I would go BBTS but their shipping is more expensive than Sideshow for me, and also no reward points.

I'm also in a similar position with Iron Man. Do I wait for IW or get the Mark 6? These are expensive figures so I have to choose wisely.

I'm glad this one comes with an unmasked head. I also really like all the web accessories and the dynamic stand.

So we have this Spider-man movie, We have IW in 2018, The unnamed Avengers movie, Spider-man 2 in 2019 and there is always a chance he could show up in some other movie (Captain Marvel. Ant-man, etc). So we could have at least 3 more figures in the next couple years. So you might like IW better and wait for that, then see Avengers suit and wait for that and on and on. If i get this one i'm not buying another.

But it is a great time to be collecting. Most of the big guns from DC and Marvel are now or soon will be on screen

Last edited:
Back